Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Everyone is not thinking this and I assume you are going to get banned for that.
    Really? If I was scared of getting temp banned I wouldn't have said anything. Mind your p's&q's

Endus why are you not infracting these posters for their Islamophobia?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    What could have the Aussies done differently to integrate this man into their society? It’s not like some radicalized Muslim has ever done this before. Blame totally lies at the feet of the Australian people for building a beautiful country with egalitarian values and not changing that to accommodate this man. Bigots.
    You'd think after tripping over yourselves to bust out the religion of peace memes after Vegas and the crash in London, only to have that shit shoved back down your throats, you idiots would have learned your lesson and displayed a little patience. But alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Endus why are you not infracting these posters for their Islamophobia?
    Might be on vacation. Hopefully not to Melbourne, a dose of reality wouldn't sit well with Endus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    from the article:
    Russia says it significantly reduced ISIS' export capabilities and income by striking oil tankers and storage facilities in Syria.

Bolded, and underlined it, just for your understanding ;-)
    Does any msm deny it happened while at the dame time showing videos of oil tankers being blown up? We all here saw it so who are u trying to fool?

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Does any msm deny it happened while at the dame time showing videos of oil tankers being blown up? We all here saw it so who are u trying to fool?

Yeah, only russians, to ever speak the truth, woke up in Siberia about a week later with a big stamp on their forehead reading "kind regards, *current russian dictator*"

Only things your linking to are russian airstrikes, that took place, weeks / months after the US and allies, became a factor in Syria, putin then had to come come down there, to show how much of a man he is, by attacking and killing random militias, and then claiming they were isil figthers...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Endus isn’t a moderator anymore. Which is a shame because him coming into threads and infracting dangerous opinions is sorely missed.
    Holy fucking shit it's actually true...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Everyone is not thinking this and I assume you are going to get banned for that.
    i hope he doesn't.

you don't let an invasive creature into your house just because it has a right to live, do you?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no...21-h08yan.html

Let's perhaps wait until we know some more before wearing our bias quite so clearly.

As for people talking about Australia (and Melbourne in particular) for what it's worth, crime rates (particularly violent crimes) have been on the decrease for ages. ABS data (Australian Bureau of Statistics) shows a steady decrease in violent crime for more than a decade. And the longer trend is the same.

We're a diverse, multi-cultural success story. And Melbourne in particular is one of the safest major cities in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/no...21-h08yan.html

Let's perhaps wait until we know some more before wearing our bias quite so clearly.

As for people talking about Australia (and Melbourne in particular) for what it's worth, crime rates (particularly violent crimes) have been on the decrease for ages. ABS data (Australian Bureau of Statistics) shows a steady decrease in violent crime for more than a decade. And the longer trend is the same.

We're a diverse, multi-cultural success story. And Melbourne in particular is one of the safest major cities in the world.
    Explain the recent Apex and MTS happenings, go on. Oh and the killing of a man with machetes 1-2 weeks prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    But he will hopefully not be "butt raped" because we are better then that.
    Hang on...

Weren't you on a thread a while ago defending some psychopath who poured boiling water on rats to kill them, stabbed them and filmed it all?

Lol, "better than that". But not better than to torture defenceless animals, according to you.

Deleted
    US was there fer years bombing while isis gained territory. It's not until Russia got involved that the war changed into isis retreating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Explain the recent Apex and MTS happenings, go on. Oh and the killing of a man with machetes 1-2 weeks prior.
    Are you asking me to contradict ABS data with anecdote?

Shit things happen - violence happens here sporadically. As an actual local I realise that.

To state that crime is on the decrease is not to state that it does not happen. Make sense?

FYI - I was in the city when this happened. Heard a bang and people screaming. But guess what, I have about as much idea as to why this happened as anyone. I'm just not jumping to conclusions coz bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i hope he doesn't.

you don't let an invasive creature into your house just because it has a right to live, do you?
    Just to be clear: what is this "invasive creature" you speak of?

I simply don't understand how people have managed to convince themselves that wishing death on millions of innocent people is somehow more virtuous than the mindset of an Islamic terrorist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Hang on...

Weren't you on a thread a while ago defending some psychopath who poured boiling water on rats to kill them, stabbed them and filmed it all?

Lol, "better than that". But not better than to torture defenceless animals, according to you.
    What? I didn't use this site for about 3 years until recently.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Just to be clear: what is this "invasive creature" you speak of?

I simply don't understand how people have managed to convince themselves that wishing death on millions of innocent people is somehow more virtuous than the mindset of an Islamic terrorist.
    mice, spiders, slugs, TERRORISTSSTSTSS

i mean these innocent people could clear their name by giving away the real terrorists names and locations. some of them do im sure, but a lot of them don't. that, to me, waves your innocence.

it's the same reason there is distrust between police officers and african americans here in the US
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2017-12-21 at 12:30 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Are you asking me to contradict ABS data with anecdote?

Shit things happen - violence happens here sporadically. As an actual local I realise that.

To state that crime is on the decrease is not to state that it does not happen. Make sense?
    Feel free to quote me when they release 2017 findings next year for Victoria.

Known a few like him. Headstrong young guys, spend their school days stirring the pot, end up blaming everyone but themselves for their collapse into addiction. The anecdotal report of him turning to religion shortly before the act is not so surprising, had a friend who almost went down the same path. Can only hope prison doesn't further radicalise him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    You're right, it had nothing to do with Islam!

#notmyislam?
    The last guy said a lot of faux ISIS rhetoric too, apparently so did the Lindt siege guy.

Like I said, let's wait until we have the actual story and not the usual early news nonsense. You're a grown man and should know better.

I mean, I assume you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    What? I didn't use this site for about 3 years until recently.
    Hence, "a while ago". You went on a song and dance about how we shouldn't care, and thus by extension condone what the man did.

Yet you are here, lecturing to us that "we're better than that" with regards to someone plowing through pedestrians.

The hypocrisy is astounding.