Could Classic servers open a new possibility?

Good evening.

So, I want to share an idea.

First of all, I think that Classic servers should start with 1.0, and end with 1.12 with the patches being released in a shorter time than before. But what should happen when the cycle is over?

I was thinking that they could release the next expansion, BUT with the addition of scrapped content, such as Azjol'Nerub in WotLK, or Abyssal Maw in Cata, just to name a few. I think that it could bring even more life time to the game, and more people interested in it.

What do you think about it?

Content must be gated for sure. But patch 1.0 with broken talents/abilities is not what you want (you think you do but you don't).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    Good evening.

First of all, I think that Classic servers should start with 1.0, and end with 1.12 with the patches being released in a shorter time than before. But what should happen when the cycle is over?

I was thinking that they could release the next expansion, BUT with the addition of scrapped content, such as Azjol'Nerub in WotLK, or Abyssal Maw in Cata, just to name a few. I think that it could bring even more life time to the game, and more people interested in it.

No thanks, shouldn't really be applied more development time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Ofcourse they have a lot of potential. If classic servers are successful blizz will put more work/money into them. They would be stupid if they didnt. Maybe they expand on vanilla or bc could come. But it depends ofc on how many play etc.

Deleted
    even if classic realms are a huge success beyond anyones expectations, it's extremely unlikely they will develop completely new zones and raids for it. the only thing i would expect if its a huge success is faster implementation of other expansions.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-12-19 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    And then they get to the latest expansion but with the scrapped content added and there's no reason to play retail any more since these servers now have more content.

Adding content to classic would turn it into a separate MMO since it would need a whole separate team for content development and guess which company cancelled one of their MMOs that was in development and turned it into a shooter because they didn't want to deal with the hassle of managing two MMOs? I really doubt they'd repeat that mistake.

They aren't doing classic because they think it's better than retail or because they'd want to expand upon it, this is more a case of a classic game being re-released (possibly remastered) like they did with starcraft and that's it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Content must be gated for sure. But patch 1.0 with broken talents/abilities is not what you want (you think you do but you don't).
    What are you saying?

I'm definitely looking forward to playing with Crusader Strike and Holy Strike just to have them ripped away from me!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    Good evening.

I think the people who want new content or changes to the game should give retail a chance.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Classic should launch in one, totally unchanged build. So that the experience of it should be uniform from EVERYONE, whenever they join the classic servers.
    That's why they should choose a patch with the maximum available classic content, iron out ALL the bugs and never update it.
    /spit@Blizzard

As stated elsewhere, getting existing development to work on modern hardware is one job, actual development is another beast entirely.

Not to mention Blizzard is likely never going to want to introduce new content to a version of wow that isnt current.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    As stated elsewhere, getting existing development to work on modern hardware is one job, actual development is another beast entirely.

Not to mention Blizzard is likely never going to want to introduce new content to a version of wow that isnt current.
    Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, but some are stinkier than others. It's polite to not share it with others if yours is particularly smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, but some are stinkier than others. It's polite to not share it with others if yours is particularly smelly.
    You should apply your advice to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You should apply your advice to yourself
    That

/10 char