Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh look, another person who somehow missed private servers and fact that people were playing buggy version of vanilla and still liked it more than current versions of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    this would 100% kill the game
    ...that's your opinion and you're allowed to have it, I would like to see a modern take on Vanilla with the 10+ years of experience Blizzard have gathered. A game that doesn't sell a whole menu but only lets you pick 1/5th of it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    ...that's your opinion and you're allowed to have it, I would like to see a modern take on Vanilla with the 10+ years of experience Blizzard have gathered. A game that doesn't sell a whole menu but only lets you pick 1/5th of it.
    So... not vanilla. What you want is a remake.

[QUOTE=Wiedzemir
    What you're asking for is caverns of times, by the sound of it. Not classic.[/QUOTE]

Key points for me to get heavily invested in Classic:
    - Better class balance.
    - Let all tank, heal and dps specs be viable (to handle their role) in both PVE and PVP.
    - Itemizations and set bonuses that makes gearing less shitty. Set bonuses for Ret and Prot Paladin, Feral and Balance Druid and so on weren't a thing apart from some 2-3 item sets.
    - No Flying! (mounts at 40/60)
    - ONE raid difficulty, no LFR/normal/heroic/mythic.
    - No LFG queue from anywhere BS.
    - Diminishing returns added!
    - Active class balance and development by Blizzard to keep the game fair.

I wouldn't say I want a CoT vanilla experience, that's a bit far, but I'm more about keeping the structures that "forced" and rewarded people for being social and well behaved. For me the actual Vanilla game was bad- the people and communities was the game for me- as it is for many others. I still remember some of the names from back then, the friendships and hate for that same fucking Undead Rogue that ganked you and killed NPCs. I don't have many fond memories being brought to raids only to decurse and give Innervate away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    So... not vanilla. What you want is a remake.
    Yep. A Vanilla 2.0, still all the same but just better developed classes, specs and items.
    I also think that's what we'll get- hence why they call it Classic and not Vanilla.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2017-12-21 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted

Yep. A Vanilla 2.0, still all the same but just better developed classes, specs and items.
    I also think that's what we'll get- hence why they call it Classic and not Vanilla.
    So you also don't understand that vanilla and classic are two different words to describe same thing. Also please, understand that you are not even a target of this game. BfA will be game for people like you. Stay there.

You are probably right, Blizzard can't release in 2017 a game from 2004 without any change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    So you also don't understand that vanilla and classic are two different words to describe same thing. Also please, understand that you are not even a target of this game. BfA will be game for people like you. Stay there.
    Keep your illusion but Blizzard won't do that. Not in 2017.

Deleted
    Are you mad if we are allowed to hide shoulders and belts in classic?

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    So you admit that it is slower after all?
    Why "after all" ? I never said the opposite, I said that people who claimed "nobody did" are idiots who project themselves on others, and that it wasn't really much harder to level as a healer or tank (it was slower, but you had more survivability).
    There was a lack of quests, how can you even deny this? I guess me and my friends having to grind orcs in wetlands every time we leveled wasn't a thing? I guess my friends that went all the way to lvl 60 in the more recent vanilla servers didn't have to grind the last few levels either?
    There wasn't ever a lack of quests, people who say that are either liars or complete idiots who didn't bother to switch zone.
    You just lost all credibility here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    My goodness. I've been playing since Beta 2005 and I do NOT want to return to the old days. I have nostalgia for a lot of things but certainly not that.
    Yeah, yeah just me. To each their own but I can see it already: it won't be what the Vanilla people want in the end and then the crying will be loud again.
    This is going to happen regardless. That is why they should just focus on selecting a patch release and recreating it to it's fullest. They should care less about creating a fan experience and more about creating an archival representation of pre BC WOW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    i agree transmog breaks the game

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    Dual and triple spec hurts the game by making it less replayable.

Before you could have multiple characters of the same class and they would play and feel totally different because of the spec and race. Nowadays if you have multiple characters of the same class you're wondering why you aren't deleting one to save up a character slot. You're not gaining anything from playing the same thing a second time.

So no, it's not only good that comes from dual spec.

Besides, you arguing for dual spec as a minor tweak and stating transmog would break the game is hypocritical. Someone else can say the exact opposite and be just as right as you are.

The best solution is to leave the game as it was, with the minor inconveniences. If you're going to whine about every minor thing then you might indeed just as well play retail. Because nothing is ever good enough for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    How?

WoW works just fine for me with Transmog, no crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Dual and triple spec hurts the game by making it less replayable.

Before you could have multiple characters of the same class and they would play and feel totally different because of the spec and race. Nowadays if you have multiple characters of the same class you're wondering why you aren't deleting one to save up a character slot. You're not gaining anything from playing the same thing a second time.

So no, it's not only good that comes from dual spec.

Besides, you arguing for dual spec as a minor tweak and stating transmog would break the game is hypocritical. Someone else can say the exact opposite and be just as right as you are.

The best solution is to leave the game as it was, with the minor inconveniences. If you're going to whine about every minor thing then you might indeed just as well play retail. Because nothing is ever good enough for you.
    Could not have said it better myself. Obviously Dual-spec brings some great things, but lets not forget that negatives that come with dual-spec. Not only does it lower replayability like you stated, it inflates the economy and class representation. Now Tanks/Healers don't don't need hunter/warlock/dps alts to farm etc.

Well...people ask for retail stuff, what do you expect other than "go play retail"? The goal of WoW Classic is to bring back the original WoW in all its glory, that's the whole point...you guys don't see beyond your nose and that's why we face palm to pretty much every suggestions.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

When the infamous, "You think you want it but you don't," line was said, he was referring to everyone in this thread and all the other threads who want Classic and also want changes. The purists took it away as you really don't want to play classic though they've been playing it on private servers.

Blizzard knows what players want. Not in the active conscious way, but from a psychological perspective. They spend millions of dollars a year doing studies on how to 'engage' players. Legion is a prime example of this to perfection with how much time players invested in the game and the rewards they were given. Player power gradually increasing. World quests. LFR and other means to get players playing in the most efficient way that psychology can provide. This is what retail players want. And they want that in Classic. It's not Classic. It's Retail lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    I would like to see a modern take on Vanilla with the 10+ years of experience Blizzard have gathered
    Isn't that... Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Isn't that... Legion?
    That's BfA

It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?

aoe looting won't break the game
    dual spec won't break the game

I MEAN DO YOU EXPECT BLIZZARD TECHS TO START DOING LOOT ERROR TICKETS MANUALLY AGAIN? I GUARANTEE THEY'LL ADD THE 2 HOUR LOOT TRADING WINDOW. JUST SAYIN
    Welcome to the self-destructive toxic community that are vanilla fanboys.

Deleted

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    Yes it does. You have to spend gold to respec = you have to farm gold = you have to sell stuff = economi?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Isn't that... Legion?
    No.
    Everything good about wow communities died with cross realm, lfg/lfr, flying and paid name change/character transfers and similar services.

No.
    Everything good about wow communities died with cross realm, lfg/lfr, flying and paid name change/character transfers and similar services.
    And those are the sort of features you dudes are trying to implement in fucking vanilla, and what we're AGAINST.

You can't pick a couple of the innovations you like and just decide to throw them at vanilla. Then random Joe wants different ones, random Bob wants different ones...

... and you get fucking Legion.

So yea, please avoid fucking vanilla\classic, for exactly those reasons.

(Also, you already had paid character servers in vanilla).