Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I personally do not believe there is any way that Trion can ever salvage the dessicated husk of a game that they've turned Rift into, in my eyes the only way they can come out of this with any shred of dignity is if they pull the plug and maybe do a refund to the people who supported the game while it was in its death throes.

Okay the refund bit is a bit too bright eyed and optimistic but really the hole they've dug for themselves is only gonna get deeper and deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's funny because Brasse said those packs were for those who don't have time.

And what about those who can only play Rift for an hour or two a day and don't have the money?.
    That's exactly my point. I don't have time or money so the game is no longer fun and not worth me spending any money on. Back when it was a sub-game and everyone was on an even playing field I could keep up with everyone while only playing a couple hours a day. Maybe I'd spend a little more time one weekend a month than normal playing catch-up, but I could also skip a week and not feel left behind. I can't really do that anymore, so now I don't spend anything at all on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Rift not EOL already? I had no clue they were still up and running.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

RIFT needs to make a very bold step to survive at this point. Reset the game to vanilla and offer an affordable subscription model. Make a special offer to current and former players that makes it even sweeter. Eliminate lock boxes. Eliminate store (possibly with the exception of costumes, other cosmetics). Bring the game back to its hay day. I’d come back to that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by stratman24 View Post
    RIFT needs to make a very bold step to survive at this point. Reset the game to vanilla and offer an affordable subscription model. Make a special offer to current and former players that makes it even sweeter. Eliminate lock boxes. Eliminate store (possibly with the exception of costumes, other cosmetics). Bring the game back to its hay day. I’d come back to that in a heartbeat.
    Even if they did that, I'd hold off on coming back for a year to make sure they don't start pulling stupid shit again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Even if they did that, I'd hold off on coming back for a year to make sure they don't start pulling stupid shit again.
    I don't even think a Classic Rift reboot would even work, it's Trion you can't turn back the past & people no longer trust them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Show me again where i'm defending Trion? take your time now *hint* i've said a few times it was a ridiculous price, i certainly wouldn't buy a one mount box for $100, heck if i knew somebody had to make a choice between buying that pack and missing out on a hot meal or missing a vital car/Mortgage repayment i'd be the first to advise them not to do it, even though i already said i shouldn't really care about how they spend their money.

Having said that, short of people posting their Bank balances no one knows anyone's financial status and i'm not going to rant on if somebody buys/does not buy, has no affect on me, my game play and i don't intend to play the "indignant" SJW voicing a false concern about their fellow "gamers".
    I will. Each time somebody purchase overpriced shit it is more green light for more overpriced shit in the future. People who buy this kind of stuff are literally making the industry worse for everyone, including themselves.
    You see, companies are not your friends. They dont offer you good deals, only deals that are good for them.
    Remember horse armor DLC for Oblivion? It was laughed and for a time outrageous dlc stopped. But then, they tested waters again and idiots bought them. So now DLC are norm in the industry. Same goes with literally EVERY FUCKING TREND.
    The only way to make big companies produce quality products again, not riddled with micro transactions is stop buying them. Because each time a IDIOT spend 50 dollars on lootbox it is pat in the back for them.
    It is not about if somebody can afford it or not. Its about stop shiting in your playground.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What an absolute arsehole you must be to make a comment like this. I can picture your childish, shit-eating grin from here.
    He's just a troll. I think most of us have him on ignore by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I will. Each time somebody purchase overpriced shit it is more green light for more overpriced shit in the future. People who buy this kind of stuff are literally making the industry worse for everyone, including themselves.
    You see, companies are not your friends. They dont offer you good deals, only deals that are good for them.
    Remember horse armor DLC for Oblivion? It was laughed and for a time outrageous dlc stopped. But then, they tested waters again and idiots bought them. So now DLC are norm in the industry. Same goes with literally EVERY FUCKING TREND.
    The only way to make big companies produce quality products again, not riddled with micro transactions is stop buying them. Because each time a IDIOT spend 50 dollars on lootbox it is pat in the back for them.
    It is not about if somebody can afford it or not. Its about stop shiting in your playground.
    Exactly this.

I truly don't understand the mindset of people defending this BS. They're consumers too, and empty or extremely overpriced games hurt them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdaemon View Post
    He's just a troll. I think most of us have him on ignore by now
    The irony is strong with this one.... so you made a new account only this month on MMO C to do exactly what? surely as a 'concerned' player with the playerbase's best interests at heart and to save everyone from the big evil Game Company you should be posting your concerns and championing your opinion on the official Rift Forum?

Tell us all why you can't do that?

Deleted
    The irony is strong with this one.... so you made a new account only this month on MMO C to do exactly what? surely as a 'concerned' player with the playerbase's best interests at heart and to save everyone from the big evil Game Company you should be posting your concerns and championing your opinion on the official Rift Forum?

Because Trion removes anything that doesn't involve "OMG I FUCKING LOVE TRION"
    That's why trashtalking Trion on boards like MMO and Reddit is amazing, because they can't censor it away. They deserve it all the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    That's why trashtalking Trion on boards like MMO and Reddit is amazing, because they can't censor it away
    Here's an experiment you can try, go to any game's Official Forum and make a kiddie rant thread insulting the game, the Devs, the players and see how long it lasts?

Fairly sure well written, constructive posts are allowed on any Game's Official Forum, throwing the toys from the pram and nerd raging, not so much, be sure to post a link back when you've made the posts.

Here's an experiment you can try, go to any game's Official Forum and make a kiddie rant thread insulting the game, the Devs, the players and see how long it lasts?

Fairly sure well written, constructive posts are allowed on any Game's Official Forum, throwing the toys from the pram and nerd raging, not so much, be sure to post a link back when you've made the posts.
    On blizzard official forum you can get Blue response saying "were sorry".

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Because Trion removes anything that doesn't involve "OMG I FUCKING LOVE TRION"
    That's why trashtalking Trion on boards like MMO and Reddit is amazing, because they can't censor it away. They deserve it all the way
    Well to be fair can you imagine the Rift forums if they didn't censor all the critical posting?

Gotta keep up that image that everything is fine and dandy at the end of the day yet it hasn't been going on 3 years now.

It's saddening to be honest when a company can't handle criticism of themselves or their products.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-22 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted

Since you like to bring Blizzard in. I can make a constructive topic on their forums and not have it removed. Trion removes it no matter how constructive it is, removes it due to "Bashing, unconstructive"

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    haven't played this game in forever. It was a decent game from what I remember. Played it years, and years ago. It has somewhat dated graphics and a somewhat klunky combat system is all I remember. Other than the unique story and absolutely loving rifts, and the controlled level scaling.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    haven't played this game in forever. It was a decent game from what I remember. Played it years, and years ago. It has somewhat dated graphics and a somewhat klunky combat system is all I remember. Other than the unique story and absolutely loving rifts, and the controlled level scaling.
    It's still the same at it's core but the endgame is essentially dead along with the cash shop being bloated to hell.

Around 30 raiding guilds at max are left and PvP is barely touched. Matchmaking is atrocious and modes were even removed due to lack of participation.

Leveling isn't really meaningful anymore when you can just semi afk the first 60 levels. And the last 10 levels are made intentionally grindy but not difficult.

Now this game would probably have never been the next big MMO but had it kept with the quality of pre Nightmare Tide it would have at least been up there as one of the best. But as I said. They went down the nickle and dime route and sacrificed quality content as well as quantity and in terms of players it's not done them any favors.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-22 at 08:18 AM.

You stupid child, 'kiddie rants' like this have already gotten the intel caches and mount lockbox removed from the game. What have you done for the Rift community? All you do is try to antagonize people and troll.

No one likes you here, or anywhere for that matter. So many people hate you that posts on the Rift forums on revamping the ambassador program get locked because they all end up as witch hunts against just you. No one tries to defend you. You could get replaced by an announcement bot, and this forum would be better for it. Stick to the Rift forums where you belong. You and the moderation there deserve each other.

Get lost Slipmat.
    Last edited by Darkdaemon; 2018-01-01 at 12:11 AM.

I've played since Beta, took time off, came back and so on and so forth.

I wanted to love Rift. The look and graphics was rough around the edges, not clean but I loved it. It did replace WoW for me for awhile.

When they went from B2P to F2P I knew it wouldn't be the same. I became a Patron when it changed and stayed that way even up to now. But Rift is a P2W format now. When I would come back I kept hitting a gear wall. The questing in the expansions went from easy to a steep incline fast, and a normal progression of gear rewards in quests never kept you up to the content. You'd hit a plateau, way before the beginning of end game content, where you had to stop and grind. I liken it to the rough early Vanilla days of WoW.

Unfortunately and fortunately, we (early mmo gamers) stopped living at home working part time jobs and got into the real world. WoW changed with the playerbase and demands of the industry. Rift was and is stuck in a rut that it'll die from. I still have it installed and play it from time to time. And I saw the writing on the wall way back.