Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should.

Seperating the story, with different content would make it :
    - Not classic
    - Alternate universe?
    - Possibly take dev time away from possible TBC/Wotlk servers etc.

Rather see them preserve the game, and periodically release new realms, and if they DO add expansions, give players an option to transfer, don't progress the whole server.

1 to 1 or none. If they made a launch 1:1 version alongside one with ANY change whatsoever, everyone will play on 1:1, simply because it's actually vanilla or there is no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I don't think they should.

Seperating the story, with different content would make it :
    - Not classic
    - Alternate universe?
    - Possibly take dev time away from possible TBC/Wotlk servers etc.

Rather see them preserve the game, and periodically release new realms, and if they DO add expansions, give players an option to transfer, don't progress the whole server.
    They're finishing things that were intended to be in the story in the first places like unfinished quest-lines, bosses, zones, and mobs.

It won't if those servers get their own development teams like Vanilla's because they should all be able to run without sapping funds from other servers. They just get start up cost and blizzard should expect a return on investment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    1 to 1 or none. If they made a launch 1:1 version alongside one with ANY change whatsoever, everyone will play on 1:1, simply because it's actually vanilla or there is no point.
    The changes would be a like an annual event and only accessible for a short period of time. So, they don't split the player base.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It's not advancing they're adding content
    Regardless if it's content that was supposed to be there or not, it's irrelevant. If you're adding content, you're advancing it.

Deleted
    I don't see this happening because Blizzard isn't going to put time into developing something they ditched and then getting it right and then putting new stuff on a vanilla server when the live servers will not be getting it. Vanilla should be 100% Vanilla, they only things they need to fix are game breaking bugs for example those that crash clients, leave all the rest as is.

Most likely your current subscription will count for the Vanilla servers, but you will definitely need one.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    I don't see this happening because Blizzard isn't going to put time into developing something they ditched and then getting it right and then putting new stuff on a vanilla server when the live servers will not be getting it. Vanilla should be 100% Vanilla, they only things they need to fix are game breaking bugs for example those that crash clients, leave all the rest as is.

Most likely your current subscription will count for the Vanilla servers, but you will definitely need one.
    Blizzard can only expand there live team so much before it causes problems. They can move the extra to Vanilla for Training purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Regardless if it's content that was supposed to be there or not, it's irrelevant. If you're adding content, you're advancing it.
    Let's be clear. Blizz has NEVER even hinted they won't add to or advance Classic in anyway. The only people saying that are fan who think their opinion matters.... nevermind the fact that you are probably the same people who kept saying Classic would never happen in the first place.

You people should really take your half-baked opinions and shove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    True, but the servers would need to turn a profit first before this is even on the table and the "interpenetration" of a profit is up to blizzard that could be 100 times the start up cost. I'm hope this happens because they might do it for other servers like tbc, cata, and mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Let's be clear. Blizz has NEVER even hinted they won't add to or advance Classic in anyway. The only people saying that are fan who think their opinion matters.... nevermind the fact that you are probably the same people who kept saying Classic would never happen in the first place.

It's a suggestion and if they don't want to they can clearly tell me to go fuck off. It's hypothetical and at every point can they just say hell to nah. I'm not gonna put a gun to their head or go shoot up there main office. It's an idea.

Yes, although it would sensible for them to have Vanilla/Vanilla + servers given the number of people who view any changes at all to Vanilla as being a violation of what they want.

But do take note that the new classic dev team is not the same as the old vanilla team, their vision may not be the same. So when it comes to 'new content' the new classic devs may have their own ideas. And since the new content never actually existed in vanilla, either ideas are equally valid.

For example, let say if pro-change classic players got their way and manage to get the dev to add karazhan 40, the devs may decide the old BC karazhan 10 theme is not what they want, they may instead go a dalaran like theme for karazhan 40. It may be the situation of making a wish with a genie and getting what you want and not exactly what you want.
    Last edited by darkfire979; 2017-12-22 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    But do take note that the new classic dev team is not the same as the old vanilla team, their vision may not be the same. So when it comes to 'new content' the new classic devs may have their own ideas. And since they never actually existed in vanilla, either ideas is equally valid.

For example, let say if pro-change classic players got their way and ask the dev to add karazhan 40, the devs may decide the old BC karazhan 10 theme is not what they want, they may instead go a dalaran like theme for karazhan 40, it may be the situation of making a wish with a genie and getting what you want and not exactly what you want.
    We have interviews and data-mining to confirm some of it but yea they could be a potential problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Let's be clear. Blizz has NEVER even hinted they won't add to or advance Classic in anyway.
    Not saying they will, so your post turns out to be irrelevant.

The only people saying that are fan who think their opinion matters....
    My opinion matters just as much as yours. If you think your opinion matters more than mine, well, I'm not the one being arrogant, here.

nevermind the fact that you are probably the same people who kept saying Classic would never happen in the first place.
    I'm not, not that it matters a dime.

Same to you, friend. Same to you.

It's pretty absurd to even consider that Blizzard would develop parallel versions of wow simultaneously.

They went along with Classic because it's a simple, inexpensive (which might bring back people back to the official servers instead of roaming on private ones, eventually netting a couple more box sales on new expansions), matter of getting a vanilla build running, tweak accordingly (whatever they consider adequate, B.net integration, new client or integrate it in the live one, bla bla). After launch a couple of dudes (a skeleton crew) can 'maintain' it, take care of uptime, deal with maintenance, etc.

And finally, i wouldn't want a random team of random developers to add shit to the game i love. Vanilla succeeded due to the vision and execution of its original development team, on a completely different gaming 'era'.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-22 at 04:10 AM.

But the emerald dream was added in game in Legion (as a raid). Although we had a few quests back in wrath that took us into it.

Outland was also planned for vanilla. So I guess that version of outland would be "unreleased content", even though it was released basically as TBC

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Only reason I can see people saying no to it, is people being either purist elitists that think they're above everyone because they want things exactly how they were
    The entire point of vanilla servers is for them to be VANILLA, not "vanilla + lots of extra content that was never in vanilla".

If you want extra content that wasn't in vanilla, go play retail. You can go to Hyjal and Grim Batol on retail.

Christ another thread about shit that wasn't in Vanilla Wow. We should be talking about what WAS in vanilla, not what some snowflakes want in Classic.

"Grim Batol was unreleased content in vanilla!" - added in Cataclysm.

"Karazhan was unreleased content in vanilla!" - added in TBC.

"Outland was unreleased in vanilla!" - TBC.

"Caverns of time was unreleased in vanilla!" - added throughout multiple expansions.

etc, etc, etc.

People need to realize that unreleased content in vanilla for whatever reason, eventually got put into the game. Get over it.

Just leave vanilla alone please, stop suggesting the same shit every single day. It's fucking foolproof at this point...
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-22 at 05:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Call me crazy but if it wasn't released in vanilla wouldn't that make it NOT part of vanilla and therefore changing the vanilla experience?

Because of this i would love to see 2 kinds of server:

1.) PURE CLASSIC

Nothing changes there, it stays vanilla. Only exceptions are UI-Elements that get changed.

2.) PROGRESSING SERVER

Here anything can happen: new content, balance changes, heck, making paladin/druid even viable on tanking... That's a vanilla i would like to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because of this i would love to see 2 kinds of server:

1.) PURE CLASSIC

Nothing changes there, it stays vanilla. Only exceptions are UI-Elements that get changed.

2.) PROGRESSING SERVER

Here anything can happen: new content, balance changes, heck, making paladin/druid even viable on tanking... That's a vanilla i would like to play.
    I would play the the living shit out of the both of these servers!

However, it would make much more sense to start with the classic server then a year or two later introduce the progressing server. Maybe with the option to transfer over your lvl 60 chr from classic over to progressing server.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?