Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Okay look you don't seem like an especially terrible MMOChampion poster or anything so I am really willing to work with you a bit on this in the interest that you may see what's wrong with what you're saying.

Your original point to me was saying how you wouldn't tell a veteran they don't deserve their benefits because "all they did was shoot people with drones" and commit military crimes because "the veteran could be psychologically unstable and kill you". This is fucking horribly offensive to veterans. To summarize them as walking timebombs of violence just waiting to go off on anyone that tells them how phony their service was is outright deplorable, I hope you understand that.

You then cited one, very infamous, example of a veteran going nanners as if to somehow totally prove your point that it's fine to think any/all veterans are prone to killing you if you talk to them.

Please tell me you can understand what is wrong with your thought process on all of this.
    Wrong. I said randomly bombing random middle-east countries is not "protecting freedom", nor is it "defending the country". Both points which seem to be quite true. To which you said your line, that I wouldn't dare saying the same to life long injured and phychologically damaged vet. You chose this specific criteria, to which I gave the obvious answer, that no, I wouldn't offend person of that criteria, because of I just linked you a case where another vet was killed by such person, with no offenses. I doubt it's the only case either.

Are you summarizing all vets to be life-long injured and psychologically damaged then? Are you implying all vets have served in combat roles to end up like that? So who's being deplorable to them? I can't blanket call them all that, unless your implications was blanket calling them all with the criteria you decided to use. I hope you realize that.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-12-22 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Wrong. I said randomly bombing random middle-east countries is not "protecting freedom", nor is it "defending the country". Both points which seem to be quite true.
    It's not about whether those are, or are not, examples of protecting freedom and defending anything. It's about the little people, soldiers on the ground, who are serving and doing their duty and getting harmed. You're trying to equate all modern war to being the USA drone striking people in the Middle East. This is a fundamentally incorrect way of describing modern war.

To which you said your line, that I wouldn't dare saying the same to life long injured and phychologically damaged vet. You chose this specific criteria, to which I gave the obvious answer, that no, I wouldn't offend person of that criteria, because of I just linked you a case where another vet was killed by such person, with no offenses. I doubt it's the only case either.
    So you wouldn't go up to a wounded vet and say, "You call what the military does 'defending our country'? I don't think so, bub." because it would be massively trivializing to what the vet did and endured, but rather you would not say it because you do not want to risk the vet murdering you? That's pretty awful.

Are you summarizing all vets to be life-long injured and psychologically damaged then? Are you implying all vets have served in combat roles to end up like that?So who's being deplorable to them? I can't blanket call them all that, unless your implications was blanket calling them all with the criteria you decided to use.
    Considering that at absolutely no point in this conversation did I say anything like that: No, I am not summarizing all vets to be life-long injured or psychologically damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I don't get why lobster is seen as a high class type of food.

After watching that video again, god that woman is annoying. She is the kind of person you avoid being friends with cause she will start drama for fun.
    History lesson time:

Once upon a day Lobster was considered low-class "trash" food that you'd pull up in your nets with fish and go "Ugh". Once a reliable way of shipping food fresh in the inner-American states came about they pawned them off on your rich gold-barons and the like in Great Plains states who had either never had seafood or hadn't had seafood since moving. The rich people went crazy for it, and the price flowed back and made the fisherman realize "We can actually make a profit like this" and started gouging the price.

So basically a bunch of poor people tried to scam rich people, but the rich people had atypical tastes and when the poor people heard rich people thought it was delicious they started jacking up the price to take advantage of/emulate rich people
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-12-22 at 10:36 AM.

Considering that at absolutely no point in this conversation did I say anything like that: No, I am not summarizing all vets to be life-long injured or psychologically damaged.
    Considering that you chose extremely specific criteria for me to answer to, which I answered. You then used my answer and accused me of blanket claiming that towards ALL vets, it would seem that you either did imply exactly that, for me to be able to give that answer towards them all. Or, you just made your accusations up from thin air.

Which one?

Considering that you chose extremely specific criteria for me to answer to, which I answered. You then used my answer and accused me of blanket claiming that towards ALL vets, it would seem that you either did imply exactly that, for me to be able to give that answer towards them all. Or, you just made your accusations up from thin air.

Which one?
    Vets who have life-long injuries from their service are not an extremely specific criteria, lol.

Vets who have life-long injuries from their service are not an extremely specific criteria, lol.
    Forgetting the psychologically damaged part?

I ask again, did you make your accusation out of thin air, or did you call all vets to be life long injured and psychologically damaged, for my answer to apply to all?

I'll give you an analogy of let's say racist accusations, this is pretty much how it went on this vet subject:

You: Should black person committing crimes be jailed?
    Me: Yes
    You: Wow
    Me: What's wrong with that?
    You: How can you be so racist you want to jail all blacks?

Can the last accusation be true, unless your first question assumed all blacks to be criminals? Do you see what's the problem? You took my answer to specific question, and applied it to ALL. For what reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    History lesson time:

Once upon a day Lobster was considered low-class "trash" food that you'd pull up in your nets with fish and go "Ugh". Once a reliable way of shipping food fresh in the inner-American states came about they pawned them off on your rich gold-barons and the like in Great Plains states who had either never had seafood or hadn't had seafood since moving. The rich people went crazy for it, and the price flowed back and made the fisherman realize "We can actually make a profit like this" and started gouging the price.

So basically a bunch of poor people tried to scam rich people, but the rich people had atypical tastes and when the poor people heard rich people thought it was delicious they started jacking up the price to take advantage of/emulate rich people
    Slightly inaccurate with your reasoning.

There are two big reasons concerning the price of lobster (the third big reason being simply that people accept it being a pricey meal). The first two reasons, however, are:

1.) Lobster is hard to buy, keep and sell. The reason those sailors tossed lobsters overboard back in the day? They had no way of keeping the lobster fresh. Once a lobster is dead, its meat starts to turn toxic and inedible pretty quickly. Lobsters need to be kept alive and shipped in water or on ice and have to be kept alive until they're bought and ready to be cooked and served. That's quite taxing and difficult for a restaurant. It's not like hamburger or something, where you can slap unused leftovers in the walk-in cooler. Unused lobsters are basically worthless and a waste of money if they can not be sold.

2.) Lobsters are very hard to raise in farms. Most lobster is caught in the wild, where yields are very unpredictable and thus lobster never has a stable price. This means less people want to deal with lobster at all, meaning less supply despite the fact it's a food that is usually in high demand.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgetting the psychologically damaged part?

I ask again, did you make your accusation out of thin air, or did you call all vets to be life long injured and psychologically damaged, for my answer to apply to all?

I'll give you an analogy of let's say racist accusations, this is pretty much how it went on this vet subject:

You: Should black person committing crimes be jailed?
    Me: Yes
    You: Wow
    Me: What's wrong with that?
    You: How can you be so racist you want to jail all blacks?

Can the last accusation be true, unless your first question assumed all blacks to be criminals?
    And you pretty much have no fucking clue what you're talking about, I guess. I gave it some real effort, but oh well.

And you pretty much have no fucking clue what you're talking about, I guess. I gave it some real effort, but oh well.
    So you're unwilling to admit your accusations were made up. I explained it to you, then I made an analogy of something else, but no. You insist on your false accusations apparently. You gave it no effort whatsoever. All you needed was to read the explanation, and answer it.

So you're unwilling to admit your accusations were made up. I explained it to you, then I made an analogy of something else, but no. You insist on your false accusations apparently. You gave it no effort whatsoever. All you needed was to read the explanation, and answer it.
    No, your argument is just totally off point and I don't think you really understand what you're trying to say.

No, your argument is just totally off point and I don't think you really understand what you're trying to say.
    It's not off point at all. I answered a question, in which you chose the exact criteria. You took my answer and applied to ALL vets, completely ignoring what was the question in the first place.

I have no idea how much I could dumb it down further, if you can't understand, that me answering specific criteria, DOES NOT APPLY to anyone outside the criteria. UNLESS you figure ALL vets fit that criteria, and thus also my answer. You denied making that claim to all, in which case your accusation of my answer meaning all of them is....FALSE, aka made up.

Are you starting to get it sometime today? How many more times does it need to be explained?

Then again, it's not the only false claim you made up. This following quote has more

Your original point to me was saying how you wouldn't tell a veteran they don't deserve their benefits because "all they did was shoot people with drones" and commit military crimes because "the veteran could be psychologically unstable and kill you". This is fucking horribly offensive to veterans. To summarize them as walking timebombs of violence just waiting to go off on anyone that tells them how phony their service was is outright deplorable, I hope you understand that.
    Entirely false aswell, which I also corrected later. Do you have some malicious agenda with all these made up false claims?

To answer a question you asked before, no, I don't understand something wrong with my thinking, when it's you making false accusations out of thin air, and not based on what I've actually said.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-12-22 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    news flash. chilean sea bass is more expensive than lobster.

"We spared no expense"
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    So the way food stamps work is not that you get unlimited money to buy whatever, it's a set amount and you can spend it on certain food items (not whatever you want). The overall amount is pretty low, in OR last I checked it's less than $200 for an individual and it's far less than that per individual if there's more than one person in the household. So if she wants to blow 25% of her food stamps for the month on lobster for her dog, I guess she'll be going hungry at some point, or can try to stretch her dollars on shit like rice and beans and ramen.
    I'm in OR and when I first had foodstamps I got $200 but that was only cuz I got them after I lost a job. If you make any income it drops dramatically (assuming you actually tell them), now I get like 40 bucks or something but I often let it roll over and stack up for some free groceries. I hate how much I pay in taxes on top of union dues so I take what I can back and recommend everyone else to do the same cuz why not.

And ye you can only buy COLD foods, nothing hot like cooked chicken or some shit.

That said, this bitches obvious troll meter is over 9000
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2017-12-22 at 11:11 AM.

Yo man. You have some serious problems with making valid arguments. You got stomped by arguments from that girl, and you dont even realise that. You have massive love and faith to those vets. But truth is that their duty was not need in 90%+cases. And yes they spend they health for nearly nothing, just because their country told them so. You and them were brainwashed by so-called patrotism. There is no need for patriotism for humans. Its needed by state to rule them as slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This one time, I saw this youtube video where some dude was betting chicks that he if he won a game of rock paper scissors, they would give him a blowjob. And they totally did! It was totally real, bro!
    Kissing Prank gone wrong! KissMyDick gone sexual 2017 lul #feminism.

I think we saw the same video.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    This is awesome.
    Lul triggered...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    This is awesome.

Wow, I know the point of the woman. Good and healthy rant but the end, she is basically shitting all over the people she is ranting about by basically tossing the lobster.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ok, so whats the point of this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She's gotta be bullshitting about SS, you're not eligible for that until you're past the age of 65.
    She says in the video she is on disability due to depression, but she is calling it welfare. There are a few bullshit excuses like this that can get you on disability depression is one of the more abused ones Fibromyalgia is gaining popularity mainly because you can't disprove or prove someone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ok, so whats the point of this thread?
    To show how awful welfare is in a dishonest way and how everyone using it is an asshole or something like that?

Granted I don't know how it's works elsewhere, but if you're on support and chooses to use it on your pet it's your loss. Welfare in Sweden does not care about any non-humans in your household.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    To show how awful welfare is in a dishonest way and how everyone using it is an asshole or something like that?

Granted I don't know how it's works elsewhere, but if you're on support and chooses to use it on your pet it's your loss. Welfare in Sweden does not care about any non-humans in your household.
    Really? I thought the OP was just trying to make a fool out of himself.