Poll: Pick you Zandalari Troll class-set prediction

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Horde Zandalari Trolls - Predict a class-set

We know they are comming and many of their classes they will get are easy to predict, but which classes exactly they will get? Pick your class-set and let see which ones the community expect.

What we know:
    - Zandalai Troll Druid is confirmed.
    - Hero classes are unlikely.
    - It's possible they will get the same amount of classes like Dark Iron Dwarves.

Thread for Dark Iron Dwarves: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ct-a-class-set
    Last edited by mmoc15d2f5c062; 2017-12-22 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Backero View Post
    - It's almost sure they will get the same amount of classes like Dark Iron Dwarves.
    Several threads on this topic already and Blizzard have explicitly said they are choosing races first and then class selections with whatever makes sense. In response to questions about the class selection and faction balance.

However my predictions for both Zandalari and DI are:

Dark Iron: Warrior, Paladin, Deathknight*, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Mage, Warlock. (Monk as a maybe)
    Zandalari: Warrior, Paladin, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Druid, Priest, Mage, Warlock. (Monk and Deathknight* as a maybe)

(*disables the achievement to unlock heritage armour by reaching the level cap on that specific character.)
    Both races strike me as unlikely to have monks, DI due to isolation and Zandalari due to enmity with Pandaren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    Several threads on this topic already and Blizzard have explicitly said they are choosing races first and then class selections with whatever makes sense. In response to questions about the class selection and faction balance.
    Okay, changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to guess...

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock.

For the Dark Irons I guess

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock.

And the difference is made up by giving Night Elf Paladins to the Alliance.

They can be all except for Demon Hunter.

Zandalari Paladin is a hotly debated topic so I expect that one to score low but Mage?
    Why are people doubting Zandalari mages? They seem rather obvious 100% fits.

Just curious to hear arguments against Mages, not outright disagreeing.

after reading whole info about this tribe... ONE CLASS WICH NOT SUIT THEM IS WARLOCK! Cause by description of https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac that they were DH O_o or old style (pandaria-warlords) demonology warlocks. Like really.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll
    Warriors? - yep (nc)
    Hunter? - taming dino
    Rogues? - madcap
    Paladins? - freethinkers and Prelates
    Priests? - yep (nc)
    Mages? - they saved their isle on the first shattering O_o so nc
    Monks? - they helped mogu and fought pandaren, probably learned
    shaman? - loa
    druids? - loa
    Death knights? - 2 zandalari bases in Zim'Torga and Dubra'Jin.
    warlock - dh - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

5+ Year Old Account
    100% - Warrior, Druid, Priest

What I’d like to see - Hunter, Mage, Shaman and Rogue

IMO at the very least:
    Priest, Mage, Druid, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter

Very likely though:
    Rogue and either Warlock or Paladin too.

Here's my list for Zandalari.

Definitely getting
    -Hunter
    -Shaman
    -Druid
    -Warrior
    Likely
    -Priest
    -Rogue
    In the realm of possibility, but also could not be
    -Lock
    -Mage
    -Monk
    Definitely Not
    -Demon Hunter
    Should get, but won't
    -Paladin
    -Death Knight

Warrior and Hunter is an automatic yes, as all races hace access to those classes. Druids are confirmed so there's that too.

After that, Shaman, Priest, and Mage are basically confirmed (they were visible in the demos at Blizzcon).

Warlock, Rogue, and Paladins dont fit their lore 100%. The Zandalari have never consisted with Demons, and are too proud to employ rogues (They prefer to overpower their enemies with magic or might). Paladins can be iffy, due to the existence of Prelates, but at the same time there have been race/class combos that aren't playable, like Human Shaman and Tauren Mages/Warlock.

Monks, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters are a solid no. The Zandalari oppressed and enslaved the Pandaren; learning their martial arts or religious practices would be borderline heretical. DK's and DH's are obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Mike View Post
    Warrior and Hunter is an automatic yes, as all races hace access to those classes. Druids are confirmed so there's that too.

After that, Shaman, Priest, and Mage are basically confirmed (they were visible in the demos at Blizzcon).

Warlock, Rogue, and Paladins dont fit their lore 100%. The Zandalari have never consisted with Demons, and are too proud to employ rogues (They prefer to overpower their enemies with magic or might). Paladins can be iffy, due to the existence of Prelates, but at the same time there have been race/class combos that aren't playable, like Human Shaman and Tauren Mages/Warlock.

Monks, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters are a solid no. The Zandalari oppressed and enslaved the Pandaren; learning their martial arts or religious practices would be borderline heretical. DK's and DH's are obvious.
    I don't see how zandalari DKs are obvious - we've seen Zandalari DKs before and given their proximity to Northrend, I don't see why it's that farfetched.

It's because of the fact that a hero class option will more than likely disable their qualification for heritage armor. If they were to be able to be DK's then most likely there will be a disclaimer during character creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I am going to guess...

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock.

For the Dark Irons I guess

Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock.

And the difference is made up by giving Night Elf Paladins to the Alliance.
    There is no difference to make up! Balance doesn't matter!

I'm not sure there's any plan for allied race to become Death Knight at this point. If I remember, a blue post stated that Death Knights are created in a specific point of time in the game timeline which doesn't allow allied races encountered after WoTLK to become DK. It also explains why they start at level 55.

As for Zandalari Classes:

100% => War, Hunter, Shaman, Druids, Mages, Priests
    50% => Rogues, Paladins
    0% => Warlock, DK, Demon Hunter

- Rogues doesn't fit the Zandalari tribe code in my opinion. It would be weird.

- As for Paladins, they could very well fit into the lore but I guess it will all depend on Blizzard acknowledging that Prelates and Freethinkers are close enough to paladins to justify this choice or not.

- Warlock is even less probable than Rogue. Zandalari are very close to the spirits (LOA) and ancient gods (Wild Gods) and are not very well versed in the demonic arts in their lore.

- Demon Hunter wouldn't fit the race as well.

- DK, see above.

DK would be a question of if blizz can justify the idea that some zandalari were out and about and hit by the scourge at the right time, since one doesn't choose to become a DK. Even the Draenei can be dks since it's not a choice.

Take all the classes that the Darkspear trolls are currently able to play as, and copypasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    - Warlock is even less probable than Rogue. Zandalari are very close to the spirits (LOA) and ancient gods (Wild Gods) and are not very well versed in the demonic arts in their lore.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Not to mention the same argument could be made with the Darkspear, yet they got warlocks all the same. Whether that can be traced back to Gurubashi or Zandalari influence is hard to tell, but the bits of lore we got regarding Troll warlocks in-game are directly referencing Zandalari rituals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Mike View Post
    It's because of the fact that a hero class option will more than likely disable their qualification for heritage armor. If they were to be able to be DK's then most likely there will be a disclaimer during character creation.
    Except they said DKs are a possibility for Dark Irons, so clearly the option for an allied race to be a hero class is being considered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Take all the classes that the Darkspear trolls are currently able to play as, and copypasta.
    No way is that going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't see how zandalari DKs are obvious - we've seen Zandalari DKs before and given their proximity to Northrend, I don't see why it's that farfetched.
    The Troll DKs in Northrend are all Drakkari if I remember correctly and the Zandalari, brief excursions to Pandaria and STV tend to keep themselves to the themselves.