Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It’s like Alleria had a stroke, lost all sense of diplomacy, talked about the boy king first, got cut off and then accidentally’d the sunwell coming off as a lunatic in front of Thallsyra and the night borne.

They couldn’t have made the Alliance look dumber in that story if they had tried.

The only thing missing was a laugh track.

Oh yea and this

Wow, that's perfect. I hope someone incorporates this into a video detailing the nightborne recruitment questchain.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Yes? she had that night elf soldier use dalaran portal to darnasuss, same way as horde did. jaina betrayed the dalaran horde first.
    Uh, no, Jaina had nothing to do in the operation to obtain the Divine Bell.
    https://youtu.be/aYq3mbO9R88?t=424

In the Horde quests you can even see a direct portal to Darnassus
    https://youtu.be/PCobO8OYlLE?t=269

She only got involved when the bell was already in Darnassus, she alone was , just like Aethas was in Silvermoon, offering his knowledge and spell power.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-12-22 at 07:52 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

sylvanas and lor'themar gotta talk some sense into alleria.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    sylvanas and lor'themar gotta talk some sense into alleria.
    She might get the belves side of the story when she meets Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I actually would enjoy some sort of massive gamechanger in which a faction, such as Blood Elves, would have the option to defect and join the Alliance. With proper lore backing these events up.
    Granted, it would have to be optional, leaving the choice up to the player ultimately. This means the Alliance would also have to have the same, or similar, happen to one of their faction due to MMO balance. And that's the tricky part.

As it stands, i don't see anything like that ever happening though.
    No one would suggest this for anything except the Blood Elves. Get over it. If you want to play a completely normal Elf, play Horde.

Blood Elves are fully Horde. They consider themselves betrayed/wronged by the Alliance 3 times now. Blood Elf starting area, Divine Bell incident and now Alleria (who managed to do it twice in 1 short visit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Blizzard already said Alleria's relationship with her sister will only get worse. So even if she did, it will change nothing.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    hope that happens and take the night-borne with ya
    You wish, the horde is the new HQ of the elves, get with the times. There really is nothing to the alliance elves but fanservice to an aging and irrelevant population still lost in the past.

I don't know what it would take to convince some of you, both the centres of both elven groups are strongly established on the horde. The playability of the void elves firmly roots the blood elves on the horde. It is now cemented. And it looks like the core of the night elven civilization (the parts of them that have civilization) is also on the horde.

Nightborne also look amazing, far more finnesse than night elves, and blood elves are the prettier side of the race, still playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Nah. Blizzard already said Alleria's relationship with her sister will only get worse. So even if she did, it will change nothing.
    It also clear to me, that blizzard will constantly take the route of greater conflict. Wish and harp on for peaceful relations or interaction all you want. If it adds more fire and more fighting, that is the path they will take.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine her jumping around, shrieking that she wants them in the Alliance and that she wants it now.

But where did Blizzard say this? Because If it’s true all we have to look forward to is making her look like an inept crazy elf infront of the blood elves/ Sylvanas, and the further butchering of what her character used to be.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

- Alleria Windrunner's new line on ptr.

Please. Make it happen. That would be glorious to see Lor'Themar being kicked out from Quel'Thalas.
    No wonder she and her Draenei weeaboo husband Turalyon are made for each other

They're both fucking dimwitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    No one would suggest this for anything except the Blood Elves. Get over it. If you want to play a completely normal Elf, play Horde.

Blood Elves are fully Horde. They consider themselves betrayed/wronged by the Alliance 3 times now. Blood Elf starting area, Divine Bell incident and now Alleria (who managed to do it twice in 1 short visit)
    Already do. Since probably before you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Alleria Windrunner's new line on ptr.

Please. Make it happen. That would be glorious to see Lor'Themar being kicked out from Quel'Thalas.
    Alleria gets exiled from Silvermoon, and Quel'thalas entirely, after the Nightborne unlock questline. You take Thalyssra to the Sunwell, where Alleria is visiting to try and sway the blood elves back over to the Alliance, but her mere presence (due to the amount of Void energy stuffed in her) causes shit to go belly-up and she's exiled for endangering the Sunwell recklessly.

And Lor'themar's gonna be around for a long time, barring him being thrown into the pile of lore characters killed for shock value. He pulled the blood elves back from the brink of extinction and has led them pretty well since, even through the mad reign of Garrosh the Tyrant, to the point that in-lore he's popular enough for the blood elves (as of In the Shadow of the Sun) to begin pressuring him to undergo a coronation ceremony and begin the Theron dynasty (he hasn't, and judging by his line claiming Silvermoon shall never have another king, probably never will, again barring extreme circumstances).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You wish, the horde is the new HQ of the elves, get with the times. There really is nothing to the alliance elves but fanservice to an aging and irrelevant population still lost in the past.

I don't know what it would take to convince some of you, both the centres of both elven groups are strongly established on the horde. The playability of the void elves firmly roots the blood elves on the horde. It is now cemented. And it looks like the core of the night elven civilization (the parts of them that have civilization) is also on the horde.

Nightborne also look amazing, far more finnesse than night elves, and blood elves are the prettier side of the race, still playable.
    Mace I have to disagree somewhat. The Nightborne and the Blood Elves are sort of the same thing, the perpetuation of Highborne civilization on Azeroth. They are both addicted to magic, venerate magic use and magic users are exalted within their society. They dwell primarily in cities, beacons of civilization. Both of these races now belong to the Horde. They are variants of the classic High Elf and Dark Elf fantasy trope within WoW. In a rather cool twist, both of these races are working together, on the same side, with the Orcs.

Yet they are not the be all and end all of Elves. The Night Elves are just as valid an elf race as the other two. They have purged or greatly reduced the addiction to magic, exalt the worship of Elune and Druidism and disdain the use of magic. Priests and Druids are the highest ranking members of their society. The Night Elves represent WoW's take on the classic Wood Elf trope. While they could stand to be a lot more savage than they are (and I pray the destruction of their home causes them to rediscover this); take a moment to appreciate that in this universe, the Wood Elves aren't seen as the High Elves poor yet loyal cousins. There is a genuine, deep rooted dislike between the Night Elves and the Blood Elves/Nightborne.

WoW now offers three distinct elven races covering two unique, diametrically opposed points of view and how they should live. It makes sense that they should belong to opposing camps.

The Wood Elf fantasy exemplified by the Night Elves is just as valid as the other two options.

As for the Void Elves, they give the Alliance an option to play an evolutionary dead end. There is going to be no great Void Elf civilization that outlasts the game and continues on. Yes, they are cool right now and allow you to play a more extreme version of what the original blood elf idea was, a being twisted by a forbidden magic. But they are going to be a small, elite force at best. The Night Elves will NOT like the Void Elves, but the Night Elves will tolerate them due to their low numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Alleria gets exiled from Silvermoon, and Quel'thalas entirely, after the Nightborne unlock questline. You take Thalyssra to the Sunwell, where Alleria is visiting to try and sway the blood elves back over to the Alliance, but her mere presence (due to the amount of Void energy stuffed in her) causes shit to go belly-up and she's exiled for endangering the Sunwell recklessly.

And Lor'themar's gonna be around for a long time, barring him being thrown into the pile of lore characters killed for shock value. He pulled the blood elves back from the brink of extinction and has led them pretty well since, even through the mad reign of Garrosh the Tyrant, to the point that in-lore he's popular enough for the blood elves (as of In the Shadow of the Sun) to begin pressuring him to undergo a coronation ceremony and begin the Theron dynasty (he hasn't, and judging by his line claiming Silvermoon shall never have another king, probably never will, again barring extreme circumstances).
    There is still a chance Alleria will get it into her head that the her people need to be liberated from a Horde occupation and their quisling leadership.

I think there is a good chance the Alliance will attack Silvermoon. Call it an informed hunch.

But just because they will attack Silvermoon, does not mean they will succeed. Because gameplay trumps lore, an assault on Silvermoon will almost certainly be foiled.

But the assault itself could be used to move the story forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the " what have you become" line from Alleria of all people, gonna be a fun one. But to be honest I don't think she'll care, they need her as the head of the void elves after all, so that reunion will lead nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If everyone in WoW said something and become true we would be fucked by now.

Would be nice if Lorthemar kills her tough, He is cool
    The Doomsayers always speak the truth! You just need to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Mace I have to disagree somewhat. The Nightborne and the Blood Elves are sort of the same thing, the perpetuation of Highborne civilization on Azeroth. They are both addicted to magic, venerate magic use and magic users are exalted within their society. They dwell primarily in cities, beacons of civilization. Both of these races now belong to the Horde. They are variants of the classic High Elf and Dark Elf fantasy trope within WoW. In a rather cool twist, both of these races are working together, on the same side, with the Orcs.

Yet they are not the be all and end all of Elves. The Night Elves are just as valid an elf race as the other two. They have purged or greatly reduced the addiction to magic, exalt the worship of Elune and Druidism and disdain the use of magic. Priests and Druids are the highest ranking members of their society. The Night Elves represent WoW's take on the classic Wood Elf trope. While they could stand to be a lot more savage than they are (and I pray the destruction of their home causes them to rediscover this); take a moment to appreciate that in this universe, the Wood Elves aren't seen as the High Elves poor yet loyal cousins. There is a genuine, deep rooted dislike between the Night Elves and the Blood Elves/Nightborne.

WoW now offers three distinct elven races covering two unique, diametrically opposed points of view and how they should live. It makes sense that they should belong to opposing camps.

The Wood Elf fantasy exemplified by the Night Elves is just as valid as the other two options.

As for the Void Elves, they give the Alliance an option to play an evolutionary dead end. There is going to be no great Void Elf civilization that outlasts the game and continues on. Yes, they are cool right now and allow you to play a more extreme version of what the original blood elf idea was, a being twisted by a forbidden magic. But they are going to be a small, elite force at best. The Night Elves will NOT like the Void Elves, but the Night Elves will tolerate them due to their low numbers.
    Obelisik Kai, while what you say does hold some logic and some sense, and while blizzard races come off from existing fantasy races, they really are their own thing, and I tend to treat them within that context which is what fuels my statement. Blood elves, high elves, void elves are all part of the Thalassian (high elf) race - and while the various branches may have vibes similar to existing fantasy tropes, what I said was not incorrect even if you don't view it that way.

Similarly, Night elves/nightborne are also part of the same group lore too, night elves had both dark elf and wood elf tropes but were neither and were something quite their own. The nightborne/highborne aspect is relevant in night elf lore, because in Thalassian lore it exists as high elf, highborne a term only coined when the night elves were introduced and the part of them that connects to the high elves, however they remain firmly night elf. Sure, some night elves (the druids) follow the wood elf trope, and nightborne (seem to have a stronger dark elf ) trope to them, but again, Obelisk, in the wow world, Blood elves are the centre and the civilization of the High elf group, and nightborne carry that of the night elf group.

You can view Blood elves as flavoured high elves, or high elves as flavoured blood elves. Void elves as transformed blood elves, but still flavoured blood elves or high elves. Same with nightborne, nightborne are kaldorei empire elves, they are transformed night elves, but still flavoured night elves with the unique stronger night vibe to them than the starlight vibe of the kaldorei. Don't be messed up by blizzard's rather bad or neglectful portrayal of night elves only as druids through most of wow, in their lore, the wood elf aspect was only part - you always had the arcane, and priestess thing to them. Always - you can't ignore that because in wow it was never made prominent until legion. likewise the void elves are darker cosmetic twist to the blood elves, that again are a little unique too - cos while they hold the dracula/edge lord thing to them, more vampirie like, wow already has that, but they are basically to blood elves, what nightborne are to night elves.

And to me it is clear, the civilization, assets, and centres of both the night elves and the high elves, is firmly on the horde with the blood elves and the nightborne who both hold the only iconic cities of both groups,and the infrastructure etc. So whiles high, void and night elves have their own standards and equipment, they are displaced groups in the story, they have no root or base, as they've both lost there's tot he blood elves and nightborne, whether it happened 15 years ago or 10,000 years ago, altho in many respects, the alliance night elves only truly lost Suramar when the nightborne decided to ally with the horde instead as until that point, they were really a part of the race "finally returned"

It is interesting this way, that's not to say the expected way won't have been interesting still, more consistent, but I don't see why they can't be allowed to do what they did, it's fine by me.

@Obelisk Kai It's basically a long winded way of saying you're not wrong, but neither am I, however in how we should view them, I think we cannot ignore my angle, it is not incorrect and you should agree with it as it doesn't, nor is it intended to invalidate yours, more like tweaks certain aspects of yours which.

I could re-write what you said, adding my take to it , which I feel together, (what you wrote, and my adjustments) would be a better picture of the whole) Let me know if you'd like to see that, I do'n't want to waste time typing loads if it is'n'st going to be read or plainly overlooked to reinforce what you've alreayd said which I already mostly agree with.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-12-22 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Those odds are very small if you know anything about lore
    There's nothing asserting Sylvanas ultimate fate, not even a vision.

And lore is in no one's favour, especially when it's in the hands of indecisive writers.

@Obelisk Kai It's basically a long winded way of saying you're not wrong, but neither am I, however in how we should view them, I think we cannot ignore my angle, it is not incorrect and you should agree with it as it doesn't, nor is it intended to invalidate yours, more like tweaks certain aspects of yours which.

I could re-write what you said, adding my take to it , which I feel together, (what you wrote, and my adjustments) would be a better picture of the whole) Let me know if you'd like to see that, I do'n't want to waste time typing loads if it is'n'st going to be read or plainly overlooked to reinforce what you've alreayd said which I already mostly agree with.

Deleted
    If you follow through the entirety of the new Alleria's VO for 7.3.5, you'll see that it's actually Lor'themar banishing her from Silvermoon after granting her pilgrimage to the Sunwell and attracting forces of the void to threat the safety of Quel'thalas. Lor'themar and the magisters already were against the exiled blood elves who were researching the void, so after witnessing to that void spawn hordes attacking his realm, the regent lord finally lost his shit.

Alleria's plans were to try and convince the leading party of Silvermoon City to join Anduin's alliance, but they refused.
    That's what she meant by it probably before leaving for Eversong Woods/Ghostlands, at the beginning of the quest for the void elf allied race unlocking.

But this is never gonna happen :P

Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    If you follow through the entirety of the new Alleria's VO for 7.3.5, you'll see that it's actually Lor'themar banishing her from Silvermoon after granting her pilgrimage to the Sunwell and attracting forces of the void to threat the safety of Quel'thalas. Lor'themar and the magisters already were against the exiled blood elves who were researching the void, so after witnessing to that void spawn hordes attacking his realm, the regent lord finally lost his shit.

Alleria's plans were to try and convince the leading party of Silvermoon City to join Anduin's alliance, but they refused.
    That's what she meant by it probably before leaving for Eversong Woods/Ghostlands, at the beginning of the quest for the void elf allied race unlocking.

But this is never gonna happen :P
    Yeah, but like, what if it did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Yeah, but like, what if it did?
    Then the Alliance would be dancing over ruins and a destroyed, locked away sunwell, and Alleria would be labeled a second Dar’khan Drathnir, her name would be a curse to the overwhelming majority of her race and she’d probably sob into Turalyon’s arms and ask why Her people hate her after she ruined Quel’thalas.
    Holy shit lol