Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a 2500 legion player I can say wholol is right. (Or at least I agree with him)
    When I saw the question of what caster is best 1v1 vs melee, my first thought was "arcane. if he knows how to abuse displacement and has a good temp shield, he can toy with almost any melee". The order of the others he listed seem to be pretty actuate as well.

- - - Updated - - -
    @XMD Arcane can / is played in high level 2s (with a healer)
    Hansol mains fire but plays arcane in 2s. In fact, I believe arcane is currently the best 2s spec when playing with a healer. Frost is really good when playing mage rogue tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I specifically wrote they are old vids of legion gameplay but the playstyle still applies, so in terms of relevance they are not outdated.

Also I'm not sure how you could disregard the low tier arcane gameplay in the last 2 videos, it's specifically tailored for low tier people like you.
    They're not videos of you, which is what I specifically asked for, and no, they're not still relevant. Until you can prove otherwise, your opinion means absolutely nothing.

That's adorable but you're going to need better bait than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    They're not videos of you, which is what I specifically asked for, and no, they're not still relevant. Until you can prove otherwise, your opinion means absolutely nothing.

That's adorable but you're going to need better bait than that.
    Listen pal, if you believe the earth is flat and santa comes down chimneys thats your opinion , you can believe what you want I have nothing to prove to you, my "opinion" is simply that, "my" opinion.

Besides why should anyone listen to a multi rank 1's opinion, it's better to listen to a 1.5k rated backpedaling pver who believes the earth is flat.

Anyways it was fun replying to you at first, but now it's just plain boring so kindly go fixate on someone else, I'm tired of losing brain cells replying to ur posts.

Bye o/

Listen pal, if you believe the earth is flat and santa comes down chimneys thats your opinion , you can believe what you want I have nothing to prove to you, my "opinion" is simply that, "my" opinion.

Besides why should anyone listen to a multi rank 1's opinion, it's better to listen to a 1.5k rated backpedaling pver who believes the earth is flat.

Anyways it was fun replying to you at first, but now it's just plain boring so kindly go fixate on someone else, I'm tired of losing brain cells replying to ur posts.

Bye o/
    If you spent as much time actually PvPing as you do trying to insult me, you would realize how wrong you are. Or hell, you could spend that time proving me wrong and I'd have no choice but to concede. Instead you wasted your time and embarrassed yourself in the process. Bravo.

My fire mage rarely gets touched with max movement speed with scorch and all the instant casts are more than enough to kill someone very very quickly.

Fire mage is honestly crazy OP for world pvp.

Frost and Arcane Mages are the best. A distant 2nd is an Elemental Shaman. The rest are pretty much doomed.

If you spent as much time actually PvPing as you do trying to insult me, you would realize how wrong you are. Or hell, you could spend that time proving me wrong and I'd have no choice but to concede. Instead you wasted your time and embarrassed yourself in the process. Bravo.
    I have already proved you wrong, don't you realize you're the only person here who says arcane is shit vs melee? i can quote you on your first post if you've forgotten why we were arguing.

At this point you must either be refusing to believe that arcane is the best counter to melee specs purely for your pride's sake, I don't need to insult you to see that you've already lost that argument and are just clingy, just look around you, read other posts.

I have already proved you wrong, don't you realize you're the only person here who says arcane is shit vs melee? i can quote you on your first post if you've forgotten why we were arguing.

At this point you must either be refusing to believe that arcane is the best counter to melee specs purely for your pride's sake, I don't need to insult you to see that you've already lost that argument and are just clingy, just look around you, read other posts.
    I thought you said you were done? Guess your ego is too fragile for that, huh? You never proved me wrong, you showed me outdated videos of some guy killing a couple of terrible players in PvP as Arcane. Yet I have only asked for proof of YOU fighting melee classes which you refuse to provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    difficult as a shadow priest
    I know that pain all too well.

The most powerful thing i seen a caster just completely take a dump on a melee in world pvp was a aff lock with the 2 legendary rings; sacrolashs dark strike + sephuzs secret. The monk couldn't even pretend to catch him, was very fun to watch. Other caster that I have personally seen been able to take on melee 1v1 at least reliably is fire mage. (granted i only played shadow this expansion, so I have no experience playing as other casters for this melee expansion)
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Been giving my BM hunter a shot again lately. I gotta say that in 1v1 against melee, it's pretty damn sweet, I only die when it's like 2v1. Played a random bg Gilneas match where I guarded LH solo the entire match. Mopped the floor with a feral, then with a combat rogue. Then the horde started sending 3 people at a time at me, but I always held enough to get my team to help. Yeah, it was the kind of GOOD team.

I'm fairly confident I can beat any melee in 1v1 and most ranged. Locks and healers are no go, tho, hunter defensives can't handle tanky casters.

I'm pretty sure a good Arcane mage can beat any melee 1v1 if they have enough room to kite.

I thought this was common knowledge by now.

I thought you said you were done? Guess your ego is too fragile for that, huh? You never proved me wrong, you showed me outdated videos of some guy killing a couple of terrible players in PvP as Arcane. Yet I have only asked for proof of YOU fighting melee classes which you refuse to provide.
    You tell me you don't want to see a R1 player killing terrible players yet you ask me to make a vid of me killing terrible players, your logic is full of holes and you're grasping at straws to try to recover whatever's left of your pride.

Also, don't flatter yourself , your measly attempts cannot dent my ego , all you're doing is further humiliating yourself by proving your ignorance on the topic.

As for the vids I linked, they may be old but they are legion content as I said and the fundamental mechanics still holds ,one of the vids that I linked showcased equal level players ( 2.2k ish ) in a 1v1 scenario which shows how mobile and deadly an arcane mage can be.

In fact I will even state that arcane is top tier and currently very slightly ahead of the other 2 mage specs in terms of arena with comps such as WW/arcane/healer and arcane RMX (although frost is still very strong for RMP).

And Although arcane is more sensitive to interrupts due to having one school and cannot straight up tank as much damage as the other 2 mage spec it abundantly makes up for it with its overpowering amount of gap openers, spammable on demand slows and short cds instant invis.

To sum things up, If a spec is able to handle 2 x melee attempting to train it, it sure as hell can handle 1.
    And to end this debate once and for all, here is the testament and proof :

http://www.skill-capped.com/content/...wow-tier-list/(scrolls down to the ranged tier list).

Now by all means, PLEASE tell us all why arcane mage is bad vs melee in a 1v1 open world scenario ? wait ... what is that sound I hear? it's the sound of me proving you wrong.

Now go back to whatever cave you crawled out of and lick your wounded pride.

You tell me you don't want to see a R1 player killing terrible players yet you ask me to make a vid of me killing terrible players, your logic is full of holes and you're grasping at straws to try to recover whatever's left of your pride.

Also, don't flatter yourself , your measly attempts cannot dent my ego , all you're doing is further humiliating yourself by proving your ignorance on the topic.

As for the vids I linked, they may be old but they are legion content as I said and the fundamental mechanics still holds ,one of the vids that I linked showcased equal level players ( 2.2k ish ) in a 1v1 scenario which shows how mobile and deadly an arcane mage can be.

In fact I will even state that arcane is top tier and currently very slightly ahead of the other 2 mage specs in terms of arena with comps such as WW/arcane/healer and arcane RMX (although frost is still very strong for RMP).

And Although arcane is more sensitive to interrupts due to having one school and cannot straight up tank as much damage as the other 2 mage spec it abundantly makes up for it with its overpowering amount of gap openers, spammable on demand slows and short cds instant invis.

To sum things up, If a spec is able to handle 2 x melee attempting to train it, it sure as hell can handle 1.
    And to end this debate once and for all, here is the testament and proof :

http://www.skill-capped.com/content/...wow-tier-list/(scrolls down to the ranged tier list).

Now by all means, PLEASE tell us all why arcane mage is bad vs melee in a 1v1 open world scenario ? wait ... what is that sound I hear? it's the sound of me proving you wrong.

Now go back to whatever cave you crawled out of and lick your wounded pride.
    So still not done, huh? Well when you decide to link me a video of you killing melee as Arcane in PvP, I'll gladly listen to what you have to say.

So still not done, huh? Well when you decide to link me a video of you killing melee as Arcane in PvP, I'll gladly listen to what you have to say.
    I guess you are unable to understand and simply refuse to listen to reason, there should be a limit to stubbornness.

Anyways hopefully one day you will understand my point.

I guess you are unable to understand and simply refuse to listen to reason, there should be a limit to stubbornness.

Anyways hopefully one day you will understand my point.
    If your point was that you're unable to back up your claim with a video of yourself then yes, I understood it perfectly.

If your point was that you're unable to back up your claim with a video of yourself then yes, I understood it perfectly.
    Your sense of rebutting arguments is so weak, especially since I already backed my claim so so many times, yet you on the other hand have provided literally nothing to counter my so called claim with any facts.

You've repeatedly hidden behind your "show your vid" argument over and over because you have nothing else to defend yourself with , a weak form of bait.

Besides, how will you be able to tell if whatever vid I link is really me ? I could link you any vid and call it my own.

Please go ahead and give me the same answer again, you might as well officially label yourself mentally lacking.

Anyhow I'm truly bored of continuously proving you wrong, I'm quite honestly satisfied that I've proven my point to everyone who has a semi functioning brain and I'm quite sure you lack any real rebutting argument besides your usual gimmick to disprove my point, so I bid you farewell , may you miraculously receive enlightenment some day.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-12-23 at 12:43 AM.

Your sense of rebutting arguments is so weak, especially since I already backed my claim so so many times, yet you on the other hand have provided literally nothing to counter my so called claim with any facts.

You've repeatedly hidden behind your "show your vid" argument over and over because you have nothing else to defend yourself with , a weak form of bait.

Besides, how will you be able to tell if whatever vid I link is really me ? I could link you any vid and call it my own.

Please go ahead and give me the same answer again, you might as well officially label yourself mentally lacking.
    I'm still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    lol no, not this expansion.

Even FROST MAGES are having trouble surviving the skill-less melee choo-choo train.
    You clearly don't know how to play aff lock then. Takes an effort to LOSE on 1 on 1 for me. Eg: If I dont really care about the 1v1 match, basically cbf.

But to say aff lock sucks, is just plain stupid. Aff lock owns on 1v1, hell can win with 1v2. Depends on the lock's skill, and the enemies too.

Ps: I am dont even consider myself being amazing with AFF lock at all....and still can win on 2 on 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    Right, not arena.

I wasn´t expecting fire mage in this thread, only arcane or maybe frost.
    Fire Mages are spillery AF, I hate fighting them as melee. Then when you finally kill them they just cauterize back up to like 40%.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Afflok is drain tanking. Just use some cds for the burst, coil, fear, UA, corruption, agony, that soul thing and drain tank. that's what i do always end up full life.

Arcane mage with all of those high powered instants, blinks etc. real nice.

I don't know about the rest. All i know that spriest is not doable. You can try to dot and run, blah blah blah but it's useless. The worst class in the game.