Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Talking about relief efforts.
    Relief effort was fine. There was one Peurto Rican democrat who apparently never went to logistics meetings, complaining out of ignorance and partisanship. That is a pretty widely known fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Please dont give the don credit for pushing back ISIS. The man did nothing except take out an airport strip for a few hours with the the mother of all bombs.

Its the likes of Philippine soldiers on the front lines in mosul pushing them back into smaller areas working through the rubble taking massive causalities because of sniper fire and planted bombs everywhere that deserve the praise
    What he specifically did, that Obama failed to do, was let his generals run the campaign as they saw fit. Unlike Obama, who was too concerned about America looking great instead of being great, to let his generals do their job.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Relief effort was fine. There was one Peurto Rican democrat who apparently never went to logistics meetings, complaining out of ignorance and partisanship. That is a pretty widely known fact.
    Relief efforts were completely different than the other recent relief efforts. Why was the Jones Act not initially waived for Puerto Rico when it was waived for Florida and Texas? Why did they allow the 10 day exemption expire when Puerto Rico still needs help? Some people still don't have clean drinking water and large portions of the island are without power. In fact, this is the longest continual blackout in American history. Not sure how you can call that 'fine'.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Relief efforts were completely different than the other recent relief efforts. Why was the Jones Act not initially waived for Puerto Rico when it was waived for Florida and Texas? Why did they allow the 10 day exemption expire when Puerto Rico still needs help? Some people still don't have clean drinking water and large portions of the island are without power. In fact, this is the longest continual blackout in American history. Not sure how you can call that 'fine'.
    It is "fine" in the sense that it is an immense undertaking with plenty of logistical challenges and the US is spending time and resources to get those people help. Just because the help wasn't done in an arbitrary time frame that is acceptable to you doesn't mean it was a failure on the part of our administration.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

10+ Year Old Account
    A mind-bogglingly corrupt public official from one of the most mind-bogglingly corrupt administrations in post-Depression American history does something mind-bogglingly corrupt? Excuse me while I'm completely unsurprised.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

Nothing sketchy goin on here.
    Do we have a viable link about this? Quite curious.

Edit: nvm, checked name on twitter to read into it. Apparently some has been taking other's comments and reposting them in support of the case.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-12-20 at 02:30 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    There is a website link where you can search your name and see if a comment was posted without your knowledge in support of the FCC. I searched mine yesterday and found TWO different comments with my name, address and everything that was in support of ending NN that I never posted, I also found one of my aunt that died 3 years ago. I was able to report them all.

There seems to be a couple of different states now looking into this here is the link for NY

https://ag.ny.gov/fakecomments
    That sounds absolutely terrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    It is "fine" in the sense that it is an immense undertaking with plenty of logistical challenges and the US is spending time and resources to get those people help. Just because the help wasn't done in an arbitrary time frame that is acceptable to you doesn't mean it was a failure on the part of our administration.
    If it was under a different administration, it would've been handled differently. I think that's pretty obvious.

They learned from Trump.

He fired Comey because he was investigating him, so now they block an investigation because it's biting their asses. Land of the free and all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    They learned from Trump.

He fired Comey because he was investigating him, so now they block an investigation because it's biting their asses. Land of the free and all that shit.
    This is asinine and you are unambiguously incorrect. Shamefully so in fact. Comey was fired specifically because Trump kept pressing him to publicly exclaim that he wasn't under investigation and was innocent. Comey admitted this 3 times in private but refused to tell the public because he would then have to tell them if Trump came under investigation.

Also I can imagine they're not investigating this because fraud occurred on both sides. Whilst there were tons of fake pro repeal comments, Reddit and many other websites were heavily astroturfed. Subreddits with 100 subscribers had posts at 21k upvotes in support of Net Neutrality.

I'm not surprised though, the liberal masses here are always blinded to their own short comings, they are quick to accuse people of the very same thing they are guilty of. I have no yet seen a single liberal express concerns about how hard the pro-NN propaganda was pushed, how fake upvotes and fake retweets were used to torpedo this issue to the top.

You demand an investigation into fake comments that are anti-NN but not one person here wants both sides investigated? No one? Surely someone out there is consistent with their principles, surely this isn't just liberal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes, and Ajit Pai was appointed by Republicans. Therefore, the people who voted for Republicans enabled that action.
    Yep. That means, fundamentally going forward, this is on you Republicans and Conservatives. Own up to the fact that despite the vast majority of you wanting NN or wanting the ACA, the people you 'vote' for to keep 'the evul democratz out of office' are actively trying to destroy your lifestyle in favor of their own.

No longer do you get to bitch about stifling innovation while you're paying to unlock the other 3/4s of the internet your regional ISP mega-corp doesn't own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    This is asinine and you are unambiguously incorrect. Shamefully so in fact. Comey was fired specifically because Trump kept pressing him to publicly exclaim that he wasn't under investigation and was innocent. Comey admitted this 3 times in private but refused to tell the public because he would then have to tell them if Trump came under investigation.

Also I can imagine they're not investigating this because fraud occurred on both sides. Whilst there were tons of fake pro repeal comments, Reddit and many other websites were heavily astroturfed. Subreddits with 100 subscribers had posts at 21k upvotes in support of Net Neutrality.

I'm not surprised though, the liberal masses here are always blinded to their own short comings, they are quick to accuse people of the very same thing they are guilty of. I have no yet seen a single liberal express concerns about how hard the pro-NN propaganda was pushed, how fake upvotes and fake retweets were used to torpedo this issue to the top.

You demand an investigation into fake comments that are anti-NN but not one person here wants both sides investigated? No one? Surely someone out there is consistent with their principles, surely this isn't just liberal bias.
    Because all your naysaying about fakeness on the liberal side is unquestionably one of the most fantastical and fallacious things I have literally ever heard of.

Rush? Tuck? Or dare I say, is that the Jones himself? I thought conspiracy theories were bannable here ./s
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Don't worry in a year most will have forgotten about this and will be happily paying their ISP to unblock MMochampion :P
    I don't think people will just forget about it when they're constantly reminded that it's happening...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was under a different administration, it would've been handled differently. I think that's pretty obvious.
    I think your subjective opinion matters very little in this regard.

Is this what conservatives always talk about? Their cronies sweeping things under the rug and denying any wrong doing? Sounds a lot like them lately.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    That sounds absolutely terrifying.
    And a reminder of how utterly unimportant I am... I didn't even have any fake comments to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Yep. That means, fundamentally going forward, this is on you Republicans and Conservatives. Own up to the fact that despite the vast majority of you wanting NN or wanting the ACA, the people you 'vote' for to keep 'the evul democratz out of office' are actively trying to destroy your lifestyle in favor of their own.

No longer do you get to bitch about stifling innovation while you're paying to unlock the other 3/4s of the internet your regional ISP mega-corp doesn't own.

- - - Updated - - -

Because all your naysaying about fakeness on the liberal side is unquestionably one of the most fantastical and fallacious things I have literally ever heard of.

Rush? Tuck? Or dare I say, is that the Jones himself? I thought conspiracy theories were bannable here ./s
    Who said anything about conservative media? They're equally cancerous. It shows how wrong you are that felt the need to make such an assumption, rather than criticise what I said you just went straight to an ad hominem

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Not one person? Let me be blunt. I don't give a shit who the false comments supported. I don't even care that there were false comments, an internet poll is a stupid way to try and get a legitimate opinion because they tend to be massively astroturfed. Anyone who expected only legit comments on it is an idiot and hasn't been on the internet.

What I DO care about is that the astroturfing wasn't done by 'xXx420weedbluntzxXx' but under the names and personal information of real people. That's identity theft, and that's a serious crime. That is what I want investigated. If someone falsely used my name to make a post in support of something that I legitimately support, it's still wrong, and they should be punished for it.

For the record, I don't believe the false comments had any impact on the decision at all. It was very clear from the start that the decision had been made before the public was even asked, and there was nothing that anyone could say or do that would impact it. I think Ajit Pai is one corrupt person and something needs to be done about him, but that is a completely separate investigation/issue than who was behind the comments.

Who said anything about conservative media? They're equally cancerous. It shows how wrong you are that felt the need to make such an assumption, rather than criticise what I said you just went straight to an ad hominem
    Oh yay, another awoke independent showing false concern. Time to put on ignore.

P.S. You don't have to subscribe to a reddit group in order to upvote their comments or posts. Unless they specifically set it to require a subscription before you can upvote it. Your "both sides" argument, falls flat on it's face, and your little charade is exposed.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post

Nothing sketchy goin on here.
    How is it possible this is swept under the rug in Western society? If this happened in Belgium, there would be a massive uproar and a federal commission would be created to get to the bottom of this. And Belgium is politically dysfunctional, yet somehow the US is even worse.

I am not a science doctor but I think it may be possible, in reference to that person's 70 year old mum

it may be possible for two people to have the same name.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I am not a science doctor but I think it may be possible, in reference to that person's 70 year old mum

it may be possible for two people to have the same name.
    Living on the same address?

You may not be a science doctor, but you're obviously dense. The address and state is even in the screenshot. Just do all of us a favor and keep on chewing plasticine instead of trying to add meaningless remarks to online discussions.