Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    You need to calm down here man, seems that you're the insecure one here bro. I'm just saying AOTC isn't that hard as the mechanics for that boss are quite easy and straight forward compared to say Coven. All i'm seeing in your thread is you trying to act tough and elitist, just because you're have AOTC which happens to be the normal mode of raiding and especially in the first week, and talking down to others. And hence the hypocrisy. You're trying to act nice and accomodating, while in truth actually trying to impose your sense of superiority here.
    Uh...you acted like the elitist. Your response here is just completely in denial of reality. Relax yourself
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Uh...you acted like the elitist. Your response here is just completely in denial of reality. Relax yourself
    Well I did not talk down to anyone in particular. It's the TS boasting about his AOTC and how he proudly kicked people for making mistakes while pretending to be magnanimous. That's my point. The hypocrisy surrounding his whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The number of times I've had this play out...

New dps joins.
    New dps: Let's just do the burn strat.
    Raid leader: I don't know...
    New dps: Just try it!
    Raid leader: Ok we'll try it once.

Wipe because not everyone does the burn strat the same way and, shockingly, it's a pug.

New dps: You all suck! This group will never kill the boss!
    New dps leaves.
    Half the raid leaves..

Raid leader: "Well I think I'm going to call it here..."

How to kill a pug in 5 minutes.
    this happens daily >.<

These kind of achievements are another reason why WoW got shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    soaking on Varimathras...
    Thefuck is there to soak on varimathras?

Just use Fake Achievement for curve.

15+ Year Old Account

New dps joins.
    New dps: Let's just do the burn strat.
    Raid leader: I don't know...
    New dps: Just try it!
    Raid leader: Ok we'll try it once.

Wipe because not everyone does the burn strat the same way and, shockingly, it's a pug.

New dps: You all suck! This group will never kill the boss!
    New dps leaves.
    Half the raid leaves..

Raid leader: "Well I think I'm going to call it here..."

How to kill a pug in 5 minutes.
    Oh I know the pain. It is a waste of everyone's time.
    Gladly I do not pug a lot, I try to stick with a guild or find a consistent pug group with pretty much the same players gathering up every week. If I can't find one without too much hassle I just don't raid at all. I am too old for putting up with that attitude with completely clueless morons thinking they're so damn good because they're winning at a meter and get orange phrases. Haven't occurred to many of them that they'e practically parasites, and most wouldn't be able to produce those rankings without having others carrying them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Insufficient. Pug groups now ask for 940+ for Antorus normal. If you do all Argus quests and have 2 leggo at 1000 and get some forged proc relinquised itens, the best you can hope for is 935 - below minimum. Only way to get higher is with AH boe, but those are insanely priced in the range of 250k for anything with a sufficient ilevel to make a dent in that 935, and stuff that really raises your ilevele to 940 is about 1 mil+.

Enjoy.

The reason this happens is because 90% of people can't actually do decent DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Insufficient. Pug groups now ask for 940+ for Antorus normal. If you do all Argus quests and have 2 leggo at 1000 and get some forged proc relinquised itens, the best you can hope for is 935 - below minimum. Only way to get higher is with AH boe, but those are insanely priced in the range of 250k for anything with a sufficient ilevel to make a dent in that 935, and stuff that really raises your ilevele to 940 is about 1 mil+.

Enjoy.
    Well, if I make a group for, say, ToS HC, and ask for 940 ilvl, I actually get a 30 man group in about 15-20 minutes. So yea. Just make your own group in the end.

Well, if I make a group for, say, ToS HC, and ask for 940 ilvl, I actually get a 30 man group in about 15-20 minutes. So yea. Just make your own group in the end.
    Making your own group requires that you have leading skills and know tacts for all roles, so that you can split people into groups, and everything. Trust me, if I had all that, I wouldn't even need to be in a guild.
    Last edited by Bronan; 2017-12-23 at 08:25 AM.

Sure whatever... so if you're joining a pug why create a plan that assumes they can? It's just so stupid and frustrating.

Strategy 101 says you should modify your strat based on the quality of the group. Pugs, shockingly, have low quality performance. So why even try the strat that requires higher?
    The strategy should be fine, but people can't even follow an Icy Veins guide.

The analogy here would be getting a bunch of people together and saying "we're going to walk across this field together, just walk normally, there are some large beach balls placed in a few spots, just walk around them". You count down, 3 2 1, then start walking, and out of 100 people only 10 people start walking. 80 people get down on their hands and knees and start crawling, and 10 people get on their stomachs and start trying to wriggle like a snake to the other side.

It's absurd to think that most people can't walk, just like it should be absurd to think that most people can't press 3 buttons in the right order for 5 minutes. If you had to design a strategy around everyone being as bad as possible, most of the content would be impossible, so the correct strategy is to get rid of bad players and/or require an absurdly high ilvl to compensate for bad play, and since most people are too fucking scared to do the former, they do the latter.

You can see through fake achievements pretty easily now days.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I hate when people does not say if they don't know something. If asked you should say if you don't know.
    This. This so much. And not just in raiding either. Doomcaster Suprax, the rare in Antoran Wastes with the auto kill debuff. I ask if everyone knows how to do this, get told the affirmative, and end up killing the boss solo cause everyone else died 20 seconds in.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quick question but it seems alot of people here don't have guilds to progress with and get the curve in the first place. Why is that?

It seems odd to me to want to raid at heroic level or above and not do it with a guild. Pugging anything more difficult than a tank and spank world boss makes my skin crawl just thinking about it I would never have the patience to pug a current raid at a difficulty where tactics mattered :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Making your own group requires that you have leading skills and know tacts for all roles, so that you can split people into groups, and everything. Trust me, if I had all that, I wouldn't even need to be in a guild.
    Most Pugs leaders are completely clueless (which is why I usually make my own group). And you can learn all the tactics for normal/hc by watching a <5min video.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    This. This so much. And not just in raiding either. Doomcaster Suprax, the rare in Antoran Wastes with the auto kill debuff. I ask if everyone knows how to do this, get told the affirmative, and end up killing the boss solo cause everyone else died 20 seconds in.
    Well, yeah. However, if you think you know everything but you don't then you'll say you know everything because you don't know that which you don't know, if you know what I mean. #hadtoo
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably triggered some people with the title, but the title is both a little misleading and true at the same time.

What i mean by that is that even if it's much harder to get into heroic pugs without AotC, it's still possible, but what i've run across in most of my pugs is that the majority of players without it have quite obviously not taken the extra effort to increase their chances of not getting kicked from said groups even when they are found out.

You know you're going to have bad time as soon as you reach high command and leader asks: 'Volunteers for pods?' and is met with silence. This is usually the first breaking point where people will get annoyed and start asking if this is a curved group. This is also where you're most likely to get kicked if you don't have it. Antorus does have a few of these points and it's also your chance to step up and volunteer for the small tasks that can make or break the fights, pods on high command, CC on Aggramar, soaking on Varimathras... jsut small examples like these. If you're asked to do these things and you say you don't know how and you're without curve, you're 99% likely to get kicked

I guess my point in this is that so many people i see in HC pugs are expecting a carry. I know a lot of people don't want a carry but still feel it's unfair to not get into groups without having AotC. Chances are if you do get in andhaven't done your "homework" you're going to get kicked anyway. So learn to do everything on the fights and you're ten times more likely to not get kicked frm the groups on the bosses where the personal responsibility gets high.

This happens every time i put together a pug group. We've never faioled to end up clearing and i have taken people without Curve, those who knew what to do did not get kicked and ended up getting the achievement themselves, while those who didn't bother learning the fights ended up with das boot. Figured i'd toss this little advice in here since by my experience, it's quite needed.
    This only shows that the PuG community is flawed.

You don't need the entire raid to know Pods or CC etc, since only a few persons deal with it. I have killed Commander many times but never done pods myself, is it fair to kick me for that? I've always had someone volunteer, never had any reason to learn it yet.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Time for heroic raid score am I right? Must be 3k antorus score ffs
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You know you're going to have bad time as soon as you reach high command and leader asks: 'Volunteers for pods?' and is met with silence. This is usually the first breaking point where people will get annoyed and start asking if this is a curved group.
    Why people who are probably curved(I guess) are going to ask such a question? Shouldn't they just do pods instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This only shows that the PuG community is flawed.

You don't need the entire raid to know Pods or CC etc, since only a few persons deal with it. I have killed Commander many times but never done pods myself, is it fair to kick me for that? I've always had someone volunteer, never had any reason to learn it yet.
    Exactly, I also don't know how to do pods. Was once inside, was spamming one on the boss and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Time for heroic raid score am I right? Must be 3k antorus score ffs
    lol, I hate that score also, though I'm doing fine while doing weekly +15 Mythics, I have 1k score(if not lower!), because I don't really want to do higher M+ than 15 once a week and I also try to avoid some dungeons(as Arc or HOV).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-01-08 at 02:33 PM.