Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

The point of us two manning it wasn't to spark a debate on whether or not whatever difficulty you are running is relevant. It was simply to show that this boss is under-tuned even for it's difficulty. Show me two people killing another boss in normal and that can be your thread.

I like that Blizzard tried a new concept, but yeah it just ended up being the lootship 2.0. Had they made such a radically different fight hard, it would have caused no end of frustration and be really hard in pugs.

At least on Mythic it's a more interesting fight, what with invading the Legion ship and the end part being a bit more hectic.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished View Post
    The point of us two manning it wasn't to spark a debate on whether or not whatever difficulty you are running is relevant. It was simply to show that this boss is under-tuned even for it's difficulty. Show me two people killing another boss in normal and that can be your thread.
    Go look up Mionelol. Dude is known for soloing a few bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Go look up Mionelol. Dude is known for soloing a few bosses.

Yeah, current tier and in a reasonable time?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    1. Time is irrelevant. Even if it takes 20 minutes the kill happened with 1 player. Therefore solo. So that's already a bad goalpost in which to measure a solo kill on since the player and not the time it takes matters.

2. Op said go find someone soloing a Normal. I found someone soloing a Normal. And someone who is well known for doing so which a lot of people are not capable of. Even if it isn't current tier.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-23 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Thing is, Blizz stated they do the heroic version of a boss/raid first. Then they scale it down numbers wise and then they change or delete 1-2 mechanics and call it normal. The same happens again to create the lfr version.
    And the last step is changing/creating mechanics and tuning numbers up to make a mythic fight.

I don't have written proof, as I can't be arsed to search for it, but if you have followed the ptr tests, it's always been heroic testing first with normal afterwards and mythic at the very end.
    Didn't they say its mythic > heroic > normal > lfr ?

Got to make goal posts?

Mionelol has been soloing content since as far back as Wrath. The amount of time it takes to solo it is irrelevant and not everyone can do these solos. Feel free to show us your Gul'Dan solo, Hell ill accept the LFR version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Didn't they say its mythic > heroic > normal > lfr ?
    Nope always been heroic first then the lower difficulty's next fallowed by the highest. Unless they have changed how they do things since that statement many moons ago.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I just hope it'll be soloable next expansion.

This is promising but at the end of the day it's all down to how quick you can move.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I just hope it'll be soloable next expansion.

This is promising but at the end of the day it's all down to how quick you can move.
    Its likely soloable in the next expansion. Just like how most of WOD was soloable early Legion and all of it is now.

One of the thing's that keeps me coming back to WoW is the ability to solo older content for fun.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think it took him like an hour. He just sat there and waited for Gul'dan to berserk, then for the berserk to expire, then did the fight.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenbrecher View Post
    That boss is just a Trashevent with a lootbox
    On normal this describes literally every fight in Antorus but Coven and Kingaroth. Not that they're hard, but at least they actually require the raid to do something..

Literally had 5 people alive going into p3 on argus due to epic fail from idiots. Oh, no worries after a 5 minute phase 3 you're good to go with the most forgiving mechanic a boss has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think it took him like an hour. He just sat there and waited for Gul'dan to berserk, then for the berserk to expire, then did the fight.
    And again time is irrelevant.

Solo means 1 player. Not how long it takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Got to make goal posts?

Mionelol has been soloing content since as far back as Wrath. The amount of time it takes to solo it is irrelevant and not everyone can do these solos. Feel free to show us your Gul'Dan solo, Hell ill accept the LFR version.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope always been heroic first then the lower difficulty's next fallowed by the highest. Unless they have changed how they do things since that statement many moons ago.
    I'd actually think the LFR Gul'dan version might be more difficult than normal, since LFR is tuned, admittedly at a low level, for 25 people, while normal would scale down to 10. Back in WoD I actually found soloing the LFR version of MoP raids more difficult than the 10-heroic. 18 dps >> 6 dps.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Wasn't the Gul'dan thing one tier later, though? I don't think it'd have worked in current tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Wasn't the Gul'dan thing one tier later, though? I don't think it'd work in current tier gear.
    Doesn't matter. It's still something very few people are capable of until it is outdated by an expansion or two.

Even for Normal Mode i disagree it's undertuned. I think it's just right, not every boss even on normal should be a fucking faceroll boss you can just roflstomp on the first week of release!!

Anyone who sees otherwise, obviously must love bosses that is rng shit fest / or all about raid performance execution like Coven, which can either take few attempts, or endless attemps of frustration!

You've done it with warlocks, the most overtuned class of all the expansion (with Dk all specs and Ret).

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Even for Normal Mode i disagree it's undertuned. I think it's just right, not every boss even on normal should be a fucking faceroll boss you can just roflstomp on the first week of release!!

Anyone who sees otherwise, obviously must love bosses that is rng shit fest / or all about raid performance execution like Coven, which can either take few attempts, or endless attemps of frustration!
    Then explain why a lot of people did 11/11 on the first week?

The raid is extremely undertuned because they overdid it with ToS for the most part and they were trying to remedy that. And in the process ended up going too low in tuning.

And if you really think Eonar isn't undertuned then I don't know what to say. It's literally trash packs. Nothing else. No big damage, no "oh crap" moments and nothing exciting.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-23 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1. Time is irrelevant. Even if it takes 20 minutes the kill happened with 1 player. Therefore solo. So that's already a bad goalpost in which to measure a solo kill on since the player and not the time it takes matters.

2. Op said go find someone soloing a Normal. I found someone soloing a Normal. And someone who is well known for doing so which a lot of people are not capable of. Even if it isn't current tier.

I implied current content, said two people not one, and I said make your own thread if you're going to point things out that don't relate.

Him soloing content from a tier before taking 30+ minutes doesn't even relate to what this video is, it's not a competition and I'm not implying that we are the best players ever 2 manning it. Using your logic however, he can't solo this boss right now, does that mean that normal eonar is harder than normal gul'dan? No, normal gul'dan at our gear level can be 2 manned as well. It cannot be compared.