Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol, you just want the delusion that you are somehow more important than the other person by wearing a bit more flashier gear.
    Seems you're projecting a bit too hard on others and it's interfering with your ability to read.
    You might try to actually read what the other is writing instead of replacing it with the shit that you make up in your mind and then fighting the strawmen you built yourself.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-12-23 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Transmog is one of the best features added ever. Playing on classic with out transmog will suck as I will look like a clown once again. Some of the best item combinations stat wise looked awful.
    Looking at peoples characters and instantly know their "power level" is what the main downfall of transmog. You could for a long time identify if someone was a fresh max level, pvp geared, pve geared and so on- this made you interact or fight them (pvp) differently.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Transmog is one of the best features added ever. Playing on classic with out transmog will suck as I will look like a clown once again. Some of the best item combinations stat wise looked awful.
    This. Best feature added ever. If it's so much of a problem for "in game cowards" who want to see my stuff before engaging me, make it client side just like updated graphics. Let me see my toon with a matching outfit. My toon and the UI are the only things I see at all time while playing. People shouldn't care about what I see on my screen. It doesn't buff my toon.

I mean, people really are like "oh he's got sulfuras, better stay away from him" ?? Grow some pixelized balls and play the game.... the only reasons I had to run away from a fight was "I'm leveling and this dude is 5+ lvl than me" or "I play this spec and I'm a no match for this class" whatever the gear he's got. It becomes almost irrelevant outside of 1v1 pvp. Do you leave a bg like a bitch if you realize the oposing team have better gear than you? What if you are on a team with vocal chat against good geared players who dont talk to each other? You win
    No impact in pve, you just inspect players anyway to see if they know what they are doing with their spec and enchant.

It was added in cata, with 3 xpacs full of art available. In vanilla the choice will be so limited anyway, most people will only use the feature so they dont look like clowns with yellow boots, Red chest and violet gloves....

The economy wont collapse since most items share their skins with 20+ lvl difference. And I dont see the problem anyway if someone decide to waste his gold for cosmetic reasons instead of stats upgrade. You wont see a green lvl 30 shoulders at the AH overpriced for cosmetic reason if it share it's skin with multiple other items in the lvl20 to lvl40 range. The price will still reflect it's stat or disenchant value more than it's cosmetic value. You still cant Tmog a leather piece into a plate one. There is no unique skins on BOE items, you need to loot them by yourself anyway if you want unique skins.

Gameplay reasons against Tmog are ridiculous at best, over exagerated at worse.

Blizzard wanted players to engage with each other, and most reasons against Tmog is to find reasons NOT to engage other players.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 10:51 AM.

The only thing Vanilla has for it, is the RPG feeling gameplay of everything being slow and shitty.
    Agreed.
    It was the communities, investment required (and sweet rewards once you got one) and character development WE did that made vanilla great- the actual game mechanics and such was mediocre at best.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    1. He said "No flying in draenor at launch" (this happened btw)
    2. He confirmed it at the start of a developer Q&A. (its the latest one, check it out)
    Are you kidding me? The guys a liar. Dont you remember the months of bitching, months after release because it wasn't planned at all? The work they had to do to make the zones flyable? This was the biggest topic during wod and the biggest headline news when they finally caved in. And you are telling me we knew from the start we would be able to fly at some point in wod? Please stop. They builded draenor with ground mounts in mind only. That's the reason why the terrain was so shitty to navigate. "Savage exploration with savage mountains forcing you to waste you savage time crossing (3x the time to get around and find your way) savage obstacles to go from point A to point B". Flying would destroy the whole concept, that's why, when they finally caved in they decided to gate it behind the exploration achievement and more garrison shit shoved down your throat to enable flight.

This dude can say whatever he want afterward to rewrite history and dont look too bad. "We planned to add flying for the last months of the xpacs, when you don't really need it anymore since you spend all your time in either your garrison or thanan with a flight path to link them both"? Come the fuck on....
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 11:26 AM.

What does this WoD stuff have to do with Classic WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bottled View Post
    What does this WoD stuff have to do with Classic WoW?
    The guy is like "Ion hazicostas said vanilla is vanilla" like its words from a prophet and Im pointing at the fact that hazicostas denied flying in draenor before finally back peddling mid xpac in a desperate attempt to stop the sub losses of that failed xpac. The guy is saying flying in draenor was planned from the start when it was not.

Its fine and fortunate if people can forget about the shithole that was WoD. I can't and I clearly remember the big drama over flying. The whole discussion with pro and anti flying was fun to watch, really similar to the drama for classic servers.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    The guy is like "Ion hazicostas said vanilla is vanilla" like its words from a prophet and Im pointing at the fact that hazicostas denied flying in draenor before finally back peddling. The guy is saying flying in draenor was planned from the start when it was not.
    So you think he will cave in if you complain enough and give you LFG and xmog in Classic?

Deleted
    So you think he will cave in if you complain enough and give you LFG and xmog in Classic?
    Never asked lfg (or dual spec etc). Xmog is no harm at all if client side. I'd like it but would play classic anyway. I'm trying to discuss and counter some arguments I think are BS.

Edit: also yeah I'm pretty sure he will cave in for different QoL if there is too much complaining. Doesn't mean I'm asking for them all as I agree some stuff people are asking for need to stay away from classic.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    aoe looting won't break the game
    It would not break the game, it would break the economy, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    It would not break the game, it would break the economy, lol.
    That's a good exemple of over exagerated statement. "Break the economy", lol. The sub prime crisis of WoW..... basically the end of the world!

If anything, the economy will adapt and nobody will see any difference
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 04:25 PM.

No no, dont confuse, i dont care if Transmog is added or not to Vanilla, what i am trying to say is, its irrelevant to the gameplay.

The only thing Vanilla has for it, is the RPG feeling gameplay of everything being slow and shitty.
    You literally do not like Vanilla. Go play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Other way round: it becomes a real collection game if there is transmog - or even the possibility of transmog.
    Based on the sums some are willing to pay for t3(right?) on BMAH there are bound to be some willing to play just to get that.
    No, it becomes a real collection game when you collect t3 pieces to use and wear in the game, not to play dressup. Transmog goes against everything the WoW purists are asking for. I can understand hoping that some bugs are removed from the game, but Transmog was controversial even during the time it was released, after the game had already been dumbed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    The guy is like "Ion hazicostas said vanilla is vanilla" like its words from a prophet and Im pointing at the fact that hazicostas denied flying in draenor before finally back peddling mid xpac in a desperate attempt to stop the sub losses of that failed xpac. The guy is saying flying in draenor was planned from the start when it was not.
    And in this case it is even muddier - he didn't follow that by saying that they want "all the inconveniences and rough edges" of vanilla, but "some of the inconveniences and rough edges".

The reasonable interpretation is that they are open to consider some QoL-changes.

- - - Updated - - -

xmog will impact classic, in the sense of the what items people want.

Regardless of whether it is implemented in classic, it is possible to unlock items in classic even if you cannot xmog, or there is nothing related to xmog in classic (at that point in time).

Quote Originally Posted by patriot247 View Post
    No, actually those things DO matter. Things took time, therefore you appreciated your time more. You had to be more deliberate about what you chose to do and who you chose to spend your limited time with. Over the years things were more and more trivialized for sake of "convenience" in an attempt to gain "broader appeal". It has gone so far that we can literally click a button, wait an arbitrary amount of time, and have gear show up in our inventory.

People asked for Vanilla, because they want VANILLA as close to the original retail experience as is humanly possible. Not sure why it is so hard to fathom. You want all of the modern conveniences?

.."go play retail then".

These whiny threads about... "but, I want Vanilla, but easier..." are what is annoying, IMO.
    Vanilla wasnt hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?

aoe looting won't break the game
    dual spec won't break the game

I MEAN DO YOU EXPECT BLIZZARD TECHS TO START DOING LOOT ERROR TICKETS MANUALLY AGAIN? I GUARANTEE THEY'LL ADD THE 2 HOUR LOOT TRADING WINDOW. JUST SAYIN
    It would break the game. It would destroy economy. It would destroy real vanilla experience
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    It would break the game
    Source, proof?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Source, proof?
    It wasnt a part of vanilla so it wont be implemented in classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    It wasnt a part of vanilla so it wont be implemented in classic servers.
    So you think. But I think Blizzard won't release Vanilla as it was, hence the name "Classic". They will add some QoL, some class balance and tune verything to today standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And in this case it is even muddier - he didn't follow that by saying that they want "all the inconveniences and rough edges" of vanilla, but "some of the inconveniences and rough edges".

The reasonable interpretation is that they are open to consider some QoL-changes.
    Yeah! That's exactly what Im trying to say. I even used the same exemple earlier in this thread.

About xmog, if the only impact on classic is what items people want, I don't see what is so terrible about it, considering the lack of art available and the different opportunity to get the few different skin available. In live we have low lvl item with more cosmetic value than stat value because nobody use them for stats, and most of the players don't even bother to find or loot them, too busy skipping content to reach lvl cap and end game.
    In classic environnement, you won't ignore those items. they will be the only one available and everybody will do the content where they drop. All BOE skins will be available in droves, with different lvl and stats (gloves of the monkey, bear, etc)Those items price will match their stat or disenchant value.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 07:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So you think. But I think Blizzard won't release Vanilla as it was, hence the name "Classic". They will add some QoL, some class balance and tune verything to today standard.
    Blizz already said that classic would be 100% vanilla without qol casual trash.