Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Snow but there is no damn snow, global warming have fucked xmas.
    Got a little bit of snow here, but it has since pretty much melted in the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Rain over there in the east as well?
    Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Got a little bit of snow here, but it has since pretty much melted in the afternoon
    Yeah it sucks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best memory, as a kid riding home in the car from relatives house (about an hour away from where we lived) and watching on Christmas Eve in the night sky for Santa's sleigh.

As an adult I really dislike Christmas because of the inevitable family drama that ensues and for about 50 other reasons. But on the plus side I like the big December movie releases, and I usually gift myself something decent. Doing a fairly big gift for myself while I'm shopping for everyone else helps to soften the holiday stresses. I highly recommend it within financial reason, because it cuts down on holiday depression and no one knows better what you really want than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Love most? That it only lasts one month of the year.
    Store decorations disagree with you.

Eating snow?

Sorry, there weren't many good (or bad) Christmas moments in my life. It was never celebrated too heavily between my friends and family. I recall a great party one year, but like most parties in that particular year, I was mostly on the floor, occasionally vomiting. That same year I got both addicted to alchohol, and sick of it.
    I guess I could thank Christmas for teaching me a lesson and constantly giving me remainders of how people tend to forget their problems in the wrong ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love to hate it.

The people who "like snow" don't know what it's like to deal with it. Here is a normal day for me.

Wake up at 10AM, move my car to the other side of the road to avoid $30 parking ticket. Proceed to spend 10 minutes sweeping/warming car up to get the frost off the windows so I can see to safely move it.

Leave for work at 3:00PM (15 minutes earlier than usual), spend 10 minutes sweeping car off/warming car up. Spend twice as long driving to work because everyone drives 15MPH instead of the speed limit. Pass a traffic accident about once a week.

Get out of work at midnight, spend 10 minutes sweeping off the car and twice as long driving home.

It's even worse on Christmas because I have to travel in it too, cycle repeat.

No. Snow is fucking evil. I wish I could torch the mother fucking shit.

On the bright side, I'm moving to South Carolina in 10~ days so I wont have to deal with it anymore. I'm going to enjoy going outside on Christmas in my T-shirt and having a BBQ.

I like trying to find a good present for people

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Its red everywhere
    You're just unpleasant. You must be fun at parties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    You're just unpleasant. You must be fun at parties.
    people love me

10+ Year Old Account
    fact that its a day off?

I like the lead up, the decorations, the lights going up, the foods prepared around it and getting to see relatives and friends, since its a good excuse to see them.

I dislike having to work on boxing day however, buses aren't running, but my asshole boss wants me in on the day.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Store decorations disagree with you.
    True, but that's just capitalism being a silly bastard or something along those lines.

Like Fake Christmas! ^_^

It's a day off. Literally hate everything else about it

all the lights and decorations. I don't even celebrate myself, but i LOVE the way streets and houses look

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    all the lights and decorations. I don't even celebrate myself, but i LOVE the way streets and houses look
    Yeah me too I love it. What’s really cool is if you can find a nice over look of if the city.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Lord of Misrule and all the associated masques and mummeries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's a day off. Literally hate everything else about it
    Even the eggnog?

You monster!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was, I can't remember, like 2003 or so. It was before I shipped out to Iraq, I remember that much. I had been deployed to a ship, which I did often in my job in the Navy, and told my family I was going to miss Christmas. This was going to be the first Christmas in my whole life that we weren't all going to be together for. My mom and sisters were super super depressed about this.

The ship I was on was headed out for its final deployment, both it AND the Captain were getting retired once we pulled back in. It was what we liked to call a 'Pleasure Cruise' - we basically just bounce from port-call to port-call with no real end goal, but we WERE still headed to the gulf. Fast-forward to December...5th I think it was. I got an email from my mom saying they were thinking about canceling Christmas because everyone was too sad I wasn't going to be there for it, that nobody was in the spirit for it, and if there was ANY way I could make it home? I told her 'it would take a blizzard to get me home'.

I was friends with the CO's writer, and on friendly terms with the CO. Well, the CO found out about my situation. So one day I go to my space to start my shift, and for some reason the entire rack of equipment is tagged out as 'damaged'. My coworkers tell me that some IT guys came in that morning and tagged it out. Then there's an announcement on the 1MC for me to go to the CO's cabin. I'm like, wtf. I get there and the CO explains that, since my equipment has met a tragic end, that I can no longer fulfill my duties aboard this ship and that I'm getting sent back to San Diego. But wait, there's a problem with LAX, and I'm going to be rerouted through the Portland Airport! He smiles and winks at me, "Strange times indeed!" I'm floored.

I then do the craziest chain of flights I think I have ever pulled. I get Helo'd off the Destroyer to a Carrier nearby, then flown to Seychelles, from there to India, to Singapore, to Tokyo, then I land in Portland. It is December 25th when I arrive. It's absolutely DUMPING snow, the plane almost got diverted. My flight to Cali (I was stationed in San Diego at the time) got canceled and moved. I go outside and I wave down a cab. Cabby gets me close to where my family lives, but he didn't want to take his little Prius up the hills to their neighborhood. I strapped on some cleats to my dress shoes, since I was in my Dress Blues at the time, and I hoofed it up the hill in the snow.

Once I got close to home, I could see my family sitting in the living room watching TV. They weren't opening presents or doing anything they normally do. I'm still trudging up the hill in the snow, carrying my seabag (duffle bag for you landlubbers). I got about 100 feet or so from the front door and my sister noticed me. My mom and my step-dad opened the the door, and my step-dad yelled out, "Who's there?" Since it's still dumping snow and hard to see. I stopped, dropped my bag and yelled back, "I told you it'd take a blizzard to get me home!"

My mom burst into tears, my two sisters came running out to meet me as I walked up the front walk, in their socks in the snow. We ended up having an amazing Christmas, probably the best we'd ever had. I ended up flying back to San Diego on the 27th when it was finally clear enough to do so. My mom ended up making Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast once I got there. Now every Christmas since then we've had her homemade Cinnamon Rolls on Xmas morning. It's sort of become a tradition.

Every once in a while, my mom will tell our friends or family the story of how I saved Christmas, and it usually brings tears to people's eyes. So what do I love most about Christmas? My mom's homemade Cinnamon Rolls!

(For those of you who actually live in Portland or the surrounding area, I apologize if I got the year wrong, I just remember we had a really bad storm. Brain isn't what it used to be :-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Hate Christmas for the most part. Driving around town at night and seeing all the Christmas lights can be cool but for the most part it just sucks all around.

Because Jesus was born on Christmas.

What I love most is when it's over. Way too stressful and annoying IMO. Though XMas decorations can be fun to drive past.