Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    You should try doing some content with any difficulty at all. I do think tanking is just straight up boring now but threat isn't the solution. Your problem in particular here is that you're doing content that's basically the equivalent of normal dungeons in wrath. Hell I could solo heroics that expansion as a mage by the end of it. The whole mitigation, low self healing unless you're a dk, sort of irrelevant damage unless your aoeing as a paladin is boring but at least do something that requires your presence at the keyboard.
    It's not my problem, it's a problem of the game, to be exact. I don't wanna have to perform a rain dance on every full moon of the month just to get a chance of doing interesting content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been hardcore raiding in this game since Vanilla...as a dps...tank...and a healer, no spec I haven't touched in this game.

From what I have seen, on some fights if you taunt a few seconds early or late it can wipe your raid. You need to have great knowledge of the instance, perfect coordination with the other tank, and excellent timing on defensives. Basically you have to be watching numbers and timers all the damn time.

Honestly feels more like a job than a game to me. I mean, I wiped a lot in Argus P3 due to tanks not being able to manage the melee adds or reach them before they one-shot someone. Tanking that fight is fun for a night, but tiresome and frustrating when you do it for six months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, because i feel that tanks have a slow playstyle, I´ve tried a few ones, and i liked brewmaster in Pandaria, and now Havoc spec on the DH because they felt/feel more of an active style. That´s why i don´t even try to tank with my pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tank on my Druid who I'm leveling, it depends on the situation for my DK/Pally

Deleted
    Back in Cataclysm I actually did play a tank (Warrior). It wasn't my main, but it was my main alt and I played it quite often.

If I remember correctly, tanking tended to make me become very angry and I started snapping at my friends if I tanked dungeons for them and they made mistakes. I remember a couple of them complaining about it. So I decided to stop tanking because it made me too irritable and I didn't want to become an unpleasant person for others to play with. As a healer I'm far more laid back.

So that's why I gave up tanking... it wasn't a lack of confidence, though now that it as been so long I would need time to get back into the groove and I'm not so confident tanking anything right now (I pretty much only play healers at the moment). It has been a few years and now I play with different people who might not mind me getting tilted since they all get tilted too, we all just tilt together and have a giant tilt party. I haven't levelled my Warrior to 110, but I do have a Druid I could try tanking on and that may be slightly easier to play. Warrior was a lot of fun, but not the easiest class to tank with... still, it is my favourite class to tank with... I don't like Paladin tanking and I'm not sure I want to tank as a Druid either. Death Knight is an option too, I suppose. It'll be between Warrior and DK if I decide to tank again. My DK does have a pretty amazing name (Perdition) so I should probably level it, haha.
    Last edited by mmocd3ce03bf68; 2017-12-23 at 11:41 PM.

Because Blizzard is unable to fix their problem with Latin american servers leaving many with constant dcs and large lag spikes.

I don't want to Tank or heal(even if im completly capable of, prefer and love both roles) knowing that i can dc at any moment and screw the game for the rest of the group.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-12-23 at 11:45 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I'm much better at DPS, and outside of alt raids I have no reason to tank, even though I could get by tanking outside of mythic/high M+ keys just fine. Also tank specs for the most part aren't very interesting to play, so that's not helping make me go tank either(not that DPS specs in Legion are super interesting either)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Tanking is my favourite role and I play it on all classes that have that option but for some reason it's the least popular role (wich I'm fine with btw).
    I'm just curious as to why some of you rarely or never play tank. Especially since it's so much easier to get groups as a tank.

So, what's your reason?
    Simple, as a tank you can't compete much. Sure, you can try to get dps gear, min max and do double the dps of the other tank, while surviving, but in my humble opinion, there is no better thing than comparing big dicks as dps.

Because I'm healing. And it's also far more annoying to raid lead while looking at a boss' crotch. I quite like alt-tanking M+ runs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It won't let me tick the tank box on my warlock when I look for a group.
    Haha.

Why don't I tank? Because I don't want to. Pure and simple.
    I have nothing against it and have been both a consistent dungeon tank and raid tank for my guild in the past.
    I play primarily DPS, so once I settle into it, I don't ever swap back. I am not needed as a tank anymore.
    There's no upside to being a tank.
    If you main DPS, you have lots of shit to do in LGN while waiting on the queue, it often feels like it comes way too fast. Finding Mythic+ dungeons is the same way, I get into groups fast and think: "While I wait, I'll just --" group fills and I get a summon, and there goes whatever I thought I was going to do.

If there is a bit of a wait, I have other stuff I can easily do while I wait.

I could get my tank artifact weapon .. but .. I'd have 920-930 relics for DPS and ..
    what for tank? ....
    I don't want to grind Argus for offspec relics.
    I'd also need other gear for it. So while I don't mind tanking, I mind bothering to get the shit for it.

And in the end, my guild is now inactive, and I'm playing mostly with my S.O.
    When my guild was active, I played more and geared more of my alts as a result.
    Without them, I play less, gear fewer characters and do not main a character who even has tank as an offspec option.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2017-12-24 at 12:04 AM.

My main is a hunter...I did give a go to prot warriors earlier in the xpac. It was fun. Then nerfed. Now I find it really boring...not a fan of the mechanics.

I hate druid class, so bear is out. I never really figured out how to Prot Pally tank. I don't like BrM, DH or Blood...so yeah that's why I don't tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion,

the community since WoD have become so impatient to make me feel comfortable. Regardless of cohesive guild groups or competent LFG pugs, people are too overly critical of other's failures.

A bad pull; you're painted as a horrendous tank, overly flamed, and then kicked.

Pulling too slow; similar outcome minus the kicking. Eventually you'd be kicked.

From personal experience but most of the time other players are too focused on the end goal of completing the content that more often than not their attitude begins to poison those others in the group. So many times have I been in groups where a "Group Kick" prompt will appear citing reasons just as "bad tank" or "pulls 2 slow" without ANY discussion as to why.

People follow the herd and see this, just click "Yes" to kick and boom.

Again, this is from personal experience. Back when this happened to me I had times I whispered somebody in the group asking why, and all I got back was "dunno, just saw the kick" and that is it.

It just seems like people don't care enough because of the "just get another tank/heals/DPS" mentality is so easily achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Because people are dicks to the tanks...

/end thread
    That's the most simplistic way to put it, sure.

I do tank sometimes in keystones but its just not as much fun as DPS (depends on class/spec ofc). And in raids I really don't wanna tank unless its with someone I know and trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main has been Rogue since vanilla. Not gonna reroll ever. So no tanking :P If I mained another class I would tank, faster queues etc!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Because Blizzard is unable to fix their problem with Latin american servers leaving many with constant dcs and large lag spikes.

I don't want to Tank or heal(even if im completly capable of, prefer and love both roles) knowing that i can dc at any moment and screw the game for the rest of the group.
    The hilarious part is you think this is on blizzards end and not the horrible internet where you live. When I have connected across the pacific ocean while in Japan and still had a playable experience with no DCs, it's not on blizzard's end. LATAM is known for having shit connections in almost every game, because in most areas... they have shit internet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    mostly tanxiety.

I've been thinking of hopping into it(HA!) on my DH but I'm also worried about screwing up and also dealing with the extra stigma that comes from playing a class that starts off ahead and attracts "edgelord" types. since people during wrath piled extra hard on DK's who screwed up at basically anything.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

If you don't enjoy tanking that's fine but the people who say there is no challenge to tanking or ways to gain feedback from maximization are just casuals. Come hang by the stream some time and you'll learn a thing or two about tanking, and you'll see how much a good tank can influence a dungeon especially but also a raid. If you aren't disappointed that the dps are doing more damage than you or the healer is doing more healing than you you are just under achieving.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Same reason im not healing or ranged dpsing. Just not something i care for. I have always enjoyed playing melee dps in every game i play (where its possible) Find tanking and healing boring. And ranged is ok i guess. But ive played melee in wow for 13 years now. Going ranged now would just feel weird