Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wish there was an "arcade mode" for WoW where you can progress without all the bullshit. No corpse running, flasks are always on and prepots are infinite, gear is standardized and you don't need to farm gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    There is no content in this game whose base access requires consumables the way you describe. You are choosing to go above LFR and to hang with people who will demand you spend money on flasks to play with them. That is your choice. You can choose otherwise. Power is irrelevant and fleeting, access is granted by default.
    Not taking the time/gold to use consumables in any type of competitive content (I don't think I'd classify anything below M10+ or Mythic raiding as "competitive") is just generally seen as being lazy given how relatively inexpensive those consumables are and how plentiful and readily accessible gold is in the game today. Why make it harder on yourself for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    you do realize that a proc can give you up to 10x flasks right? so mats to craft 1 isn't always one, its at WORST (on avarage) 2 pots per pack of materials for a single craft
    If only there was a way to get rank 3 and a chance at that other then making dozens and dozens of flasks at a loss in the hopes of learning it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by stevan021 View Post
    I wish there was an "arcade mode" for WoW where you can progress without all the bullshit. No corpse running, flasks are always on and prepots are infinite, gear is standardized and you don't need to farm gear.
    Then you would defeat the entire purpose of playing an MMO, which is player progression. If you make it so gear doesn't matter, items don't matter, gold doesn't matter, etc., you'd be eliminating the primary incentive and progression path that people have for playing the game. They've also really dumbed most of this stuff down to the point that it's trivial to anyone who isn't totally focused on instant gratification anyway. If you want that, play something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Then you would defeat the entire purpose of playing an MMO, which is player progression. If you make it so gear doesn't matter, items don't matter, gold doesn't matter, etc., you'd be eliminating the primary incentive and progression path that people have for playing the game. They've also really dumbed most of this stuff down to the point that it's trivial to anyone who isn't totally focused on instant gratification anyway. If you want that, play something different.
    All crafts in WoW don't really matter right now. Enchanting, Alchemy matter...does JC even matter anymore? Leatherworking serves literally no purpose now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Not taking the time/gold to use consumables in any type of competitive content (I don't think I'd classify anything below M10+ or Mythic raiding as "competitive") is just generally seen as being lazy given how relatively inexpensive those consumables are and how plentiful and readily accessible gold is in the game today. Why make it harder on yourself for no reason?
    I wasn't going to feed the troll.

Amount of flask and potion needed is dependent on how much raid and M+ u do. If u r doing 10 m+ and current raid(3hr*3day) content per week u will need flask for 14-15hr , so u need 8 flask(Alc profession get 2hr benefit on flask) , u can easily gather herb required while doing WQ or do 2-3hr herb farm per week. For prolonged power u don't need to farm u can get it from class hall quest. Once u get 3 lvl in a particular potion making u can create 3-4 flask at the cost of one flask

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You are in EU so buy 2 or 3 tokens, sell them on AH and never think about gold anymore?

I mean, one token is 25 euro right and what, 250k gold? It's not that much for the luxury of never having to spend time on grindy stuff you don't enjoy in wow. 250k is literally enough to sustain your pots and flasks needs until the end of expansion at least.
    No its not at all.

Lets assume the expansion is 12 months away, 52 weeks. I'm going to quote my raid schedule as its below avg. Two nights a week, at three hours each night.

On my server

I'm also going to throw in repair bills because that is part of your raid allowance,

Flask = 550g ish x 3 = 1650 per night x 2 3300 per week. (3 = the 3 hour raid time)
    Prolonged power (lets say a stack of 20 per night) = 605g per stack x 2 = 1210 a week
    Buff food (20 again) = 700g per stack x 2 = 1400g.
    Repair = 400g avg x 2 800g. This is taking into account activity done before and possibly after your raid. Frankly since its from the same gold pool it doesnt matter if its during a raid time or from grinding world quests.

So to simplify - per week -

Flask: 3300
    Potion: 1210
    Buff Food: 1400
    Repair: 800g

Flask: 3300 x 48 = 158400
    Potion: 1210 x 48 = 58080
    Food: 1400 x 48 = 67200
    Repair: 800 x 48 = 38400

I've done by 48 weeks to give leave way for holidays, sickness, not wanting to raid and unforeseen circumstances. I think 4 weeks is generous.

Grand total: 322080g.

That's currently 80k more than the token.

Now I appreciate you have things like world quests, gear crafting and selling, vendoring trash to make extra on the side. But you also need to take into account random purchases, extra buys (Personally I run with 60+ prolonged power a night as an example), ENCHANTS and GEMS, borrowing money to friends, depositing into the guild bank etc

Also keep in mind my maths is based on two nights, not the avg of three.

And taking the above out of the equation, you'd be surprised how quickly you run out of gold just buying raid stuff. I have one character on a server I use as a back up raider, recently he's been used a lot. He had 100k from a left over token, over 6 weeks I've spent the better part of 70k as I just don't have the time to log in and do random bits and bobs.

1 wow token isn't enough to subsidise 1 years worth of raid content. You could argue it might be 9 months, but I'd wager closer to 10/11, I've just rounded off to 12 to be on the safe side. Oh also I rounded off each figure low. For example flasks are around 567g just 550 makes it easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    No offense, but how are you not loaded with gold? Wod and legion absolutely wrecked the need for gold. Even on one character, missions and the bare minimum world quests give me more gold than I would ever need. Level a few more characters to 110 (it's super easy now with heirlooms and invasions) and invest a small amount of time into them and they'll be making gold for you with minimal effort.
    I'm always bordering on 20-80k. Same during WoD. I simply don't have the time to do it. Levelling isn't an issue, I casually get to 110 in a few days from invasions, I can do it in less than 48 hours questing. But doing the order hall stuff, getting the resources in etc is just time consuming

Everyone I know who made millions in WoD and make a fair amount in Legion from mission say "It's dead easy!" It's easy but time consuming. All my friends in WoD had 12 level 3 garrisons with all the gold earner buldings. They'd log on and say "it only takes 20 minutes to do it!" and they'd spend hours hoping to each one and sorting them out. I have hours to waste on a Thursday and Sunday and that's when we raid. During the day I work or do work around the house.

The capacity to earn gold in Legion is about the same if not increased from WoD. I went into Legion with 6.5m gold, and am currently sitting at around 12m, and should easily be 15m+ by the time BFA hits. Yes, I play a lot, but let's say I played 1/3 as often - that would still put me at around 2m net gold gained this expansion, and that's more than enough to cover any consumable needs. I really don't understand people who can't afford gold for basics; they are doing something very very wrong.

As far as feasts and flasks. Your guild should be using the 500 primary stat feasts. They are still better or about the same as the 375 secondary stat feasts for most specs, and only cost about the equivalent of 6 of the 375 feasts in mats - despite covering the entire raid. Same thing with flasks and cauldrons - those cost 15 flasks and give you 30 flasks. 2 cauldrons will give more than enough flasks to cover an entire 3 hour 20 man mythic raid, and essentially result in half the consumable cost. If your guild isn't doing those, push for them to do it, or help organize it. All you have to do is set an expected amount of mats each member has to contribute and you can have feasts and flasks, and the total mats people would have to contribute would be significantly less than what they would spend on getting their own consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If only there was a way to get rank 3 and a chance at that other then making dozens and dozens of flasks at a loss in the hopes of learning it.
    Dozens and Dozens? I wish it were only that many. I gave up at the 600 or so mark. I've read about people being many times that and still not getting rank 3. Screw the current profession system.

OP, as some have said just farm the mats and sell them and buy the flasks. It will save you a ton of headaches in the long run.

Deleted
    buy tokens

Deleted
    I would suggest getting Enchanting and Alchemy as professions.
    I have those two on my main and none of my alts have any professions, because I hate maintaining them too.

Selling the chaos crystals will already give you a lot of extra money. I buy my mats for Alchemy for Blood of Sargeras so I can craft basically all of my stuff for zero cost. Sometimes you get an 8x proc of flasks so you won't have to worry about flasks for like 2 weeks just for the cost of a few Blood of Sargeras. The shoulder enchant or exchanging order ressources will give you even more Blood to work with. Plus the flasks last longer as an alchemist so you need even less! I'd say getting Alchemy is worth it as a raider (and I hate professions). And while you're at it get Enchanting too for the extra gold.

Nah you are just being over dramatic. It's not like you gonna raid every week, I don't believe you never take nights off from raiding (being sick, having irl stuff to do, taking break etc.). Also as you mentioned there is no chance current expansion will take another year, not to mention you won't be progressing for a year either, it's not like you need flasks and pots for farm nights.

Anyway I said 2 or 3 tokens, so even if your math is right and you run out of gold near the end of expansion somehow, then just buy another one... And if money is the problem, then I'm afraid there is no other way, either suck it up and farm gold/mats or spend some extra cash on WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    I have difficulties believing that. According to Economics 101, if that was true, then no one would make flasks because it would be less profitable than just selling the mats, which in turn would raise the price of flasks because people would need flasks, so the demand would outgrow the supply.
    It's true.
    A flask or a potion without a proc for 2x or more you wont make profit out of it,the way people make gold on this is by crafting huge quantities and relay on the proc's to make the profit out of it.
    So let's say you make 10x flasks and only 2 proc you prob won't make any profit out of it at all or if you do it will be so little it won't be worth the time.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No its not at all.

Lets assume the expansion is 12 months away, 52 weeks. I'm going to quote my raid schedule as its below avg. Two nights a week, at three hours each night.

On my server...
    Oh come on. I play casually and have probably made over 1m in Legion and I've been off half the expansion. A good chunk of your basic expenses can be gotten just by gold missions in the order hall (average 1000g/day, usually more) and doing the WQs with gold rewards. That's somewhere between 5 and 10k gold depending on how much you play, as long as you login once a day for the OH missions (or use the app). There, that covers your weekly raiding and leaves you a few thousand gold per week depending on what your order hall missions look like and if you get bonus gold on any.

None of this covers AHing the random cloth etc that drops, doesn't assume any farming at all and doesn't require playing the AH aside from putting up any cloth drops and the like. You can easily augment this if you have mining or herbing and just gather nodes near WQ stuff.

Next excuse?
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-12-23 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh come on. I play casually and have probably made over 1m in Legion and I've been off half the expansion. A good chunk of your basic expenses can be gotten just by gold missions in the order hall (average 1000g/day, usually more) and doing the WQs with gold rewards. That's somewhere between 5 and 10k gold depending on how much you play, as long as you login once a day for the OH missions (or use the app). There, that covers your weekly raiding and leaves you a few thousand gold per week depending on what your order hall missions look like and if you get bonus gold on any.

None of this covers AHing the random cloth etc that drops, doesn't assume any farming at all and doesn't require playing the AH aside from putting up any cloth drops and the like. You can easily augment this if you have mining or herbing and just gather nodes near WQ stuff.

Next excuse?
    Oh shoot, I'll bite

"Depending how much you play". Personally, I play on raid times and that's about it. The only WQs I make time for are Argus on the reset.

Order hall mission vary but sure lets roll with 1k daily. Now again, TIME. Going back to exactly what I said, some people don't have the time to level a character and level a order hall multiple times. Not forgetting order hall resource grinding takes time as well. Sure maybe 20 / 30 minutes, but that mounts up with multiple characters.

For the record right now theres around 3.2k up globally for WQs. That's everything from % WQ to going into mythics. I'd say that's an easy hour to do them all. So lets say 7 hours total weekly, sure that gives you approx 15k shall we say? some will overlap some will expire some you wont do.

My cloth, my whites, my gear gets de'ed and thrown into the guild bank. Two friends and myself supplement everyones flasks, buff food and potions as best we can. And no, we don't take a cut from the guild bank for doing it. So that's that one out of the window.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here besides trolling to be honest. I made my original post quite clear it's different for everyone depending on a array of different factors and I also said I'm using my point of view to bring up the figures. My response was to someone who said you could supplement a ~12 months on a single wow token alone. Not a wow token and hours of farming. So feel free to keep replying saying 'excuses', you're perfectly entitled to be wrong and try to justify it.

I hope we don't get a repeat of old war consumable prices at the start of next xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Oh shoot, I'll bite

"Depending how much you play". Personally, I play on raid times and that's about it. The only WQs I make time for are Argus on the reset.
    I knew you'd reply like this.... you don't want to or won't do anything but raid log... that's your choice though.

Order hall mission vary but sure lets roll with 1k daily. Now again, TIME. Going back to exactly what I said, some people don't have the time to level a character and level a order hall multiple times. Not forgetting order hall resource grinding takes time as well. Sure maybe 20 / 30 minutes, but that mounts up with multiple characters.
    The 1k daily is for ONE character which makes most of this part irrelevant. You have one 110 because you're raiding. All you need to do is make 1000 5x per week to cover your expenses. Login for not even 5 minutes a day during the week for at least 5 times. Hell, you could even login a couple of times on 2 or 3 days. Can't or won't login? Run the app.

For the record right now theres around 3.2k up globally for WQs. That's everything from % WQ to going into mythics. I'd say that's an easy hour to do them all. So lets say 7 hours total weekly, sure that gives you approx 15k shall we say? some will overlap some will expire some you won't do.
    Fine, but as above, you can cover your expenses from OH missions alone. WQs are just a bonus - but I did 3 in Krokun today and made 1000g in 15 minutes.
    My cloth, my whites, my gear gets de'ed and thrown into the guild bank. Two friends and myself supplement everyones flasks, buff food and potions as best we can. And no, we don't take a cut from the guild bank for doing it. So that's that one out of the window.
    Wait, you can't seem to make gold but you GIVE AWAY things to the guild bank? Again, that's YOUR choice. Oh and you can't easily cover your expenses but you supplement others' flasks etc? All I can say here is what the fuck? You're choosing to forgo sources of income and to give gold away. Hint: want to have gold? Don't do that.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here besides trolling to be honest. I made my original post quite clear it's different for everyone depending on a array of different factors and I also said I'm using my point of view to bring up the figures. My response was to someone who said you could supplement a ~12 months on a single wow token alone. Not a wow token and hours of farming. So feel free to keep replying saying 'excuses', you're perfectly entitled to be wrong and try to justify it.
    Honestly, fuck right off. I'm not trolling, I pointed out a way you could EASILY, in 5 minutes a day, make the 5-6k you need for raid expenses. ANYONE can as long as they have a 110. It's trivially easy, it takes almost no time and you can even run it from a smartphone app for god's sake. What do you want, an allowance mailed to you every day?

You're just one of these whiny people who complains that they can't make gold but won't do the easiest, quickest things. Your lack of self-discipline is your problem. Do the stuff above. Buy a token. But for god's sake quit wasting everyone's time when you won't lift a finger to help yourself. And above all, don't tell us you don't have the time to take 5 mins a day to do order hall missions when you spent far more than that here, complaining you don't have the time to do them.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-12-24 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

Next excuse?
    3 flasks a night for raiding = 1800g
    Lets say an average of 4 flasks a day for people that like to push +'s = 2400g

Pots (the good ones) 27g per pot. Let's say 25 (on the low side) pulls for mythic raiding progression = 675g

It's all just far too expensive. The order hall missions (with 1 char) don't keep your gold steady let alone make you money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I've never been one for professions, alts or making gold. I'm not loaded from WoD.

Also that's a massive exageration. One characters order hall missions and wq's give you more gold than you could ever need? You're game must be bugged then because the 2k gold that I regularly get isn't enough to sustain 1 flask costing 570g and pots that cost 27g per. I use a lot of flasks and pots. Not to mention food, repairs, etc.
    I get like 1-1.5 gold missions a day that give me 2-3k gold each. Plus I get 150 bonus gold for every world quest I complete (so a minimum of 600 a day). That's over 20k a week. How can you not survive on that and still have a surplus?

As far as advice... Playing alts is the easiest way to get extra gold. Plus it's not as boring as professions (I have both and professions are almost useless). If you wanna make gold it's gonna be a grind no matter what you do. Alts is definitely the least grindy option.
    Last edited by Leetbeartank; 2017-12-24 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.