Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't blizzard say after the massive amount of complaining during T11, that they wouldn't release raids in such a way that progress came over Christmas? My memory may serve me wrong, but I've had that pop up in my head, and with only 10 guilds who've managed to kill Argus, it's a quite a big deal in regards to how much time the holidays will take for different guilds.
    Well Cata came out on Dec 7th. Normal raids opened literally the day the expansion came out, and heroic the week after. Pretty sure Blizzard was referring to the rush in t11 more then when it happened.

You literally had no time to enjoy the expansion, it was gogogo raid time and with so many bosses, and 4 end of tier quality bosses it was literally the biggest grind the raid community ever had to deal with. Wouldn't of mattered if it happened in May or August.

This isn't even close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well Cata came out on Dec 7th. Normal raids opened literally the day the expansion came out, and heroic the week after. Pretty sure Blizzard was referring to the rush in t11 more then when it happened.

You literally had no time to enjoy the expansion, it was gogogo raid time and with so many bosses, and 4 end of tier quality bosses it was literally the biggest grind the raid community ever had to deal with. Wouldn't of mattered if it happened in May or August.

This isn't even close to that.
    I liked that raids were opened at launch. vanilla, tbc, wotlk had raids opened at launch too. I never understood why T11 was suddenly a problem.

It was a problem due to being over 1½ month long for the top-end guilds to finish the content, and it was an issue due to that content coming over the holidays, meaning you had to chose between taking time with your family and the best world rank you could get.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    t11 was probably the best tier that any exp ever opened with,and id probably rate it top 3 raid tiers in game,most fun i've had in the game.

Deleted
    ScrubBusters vs. Argus Mythic
    6 PoV video with teamspeak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZATCbYJzP4
    Last edited by mmoc5b6f556fce; 2017-12-23 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The add phase was arguably the hardest part of the fight, so no.

also grats nerds
    addphase is the easiest phase of the fight by far if you can press a single button that is called kick and even if you miss 2 at the same time its easy to outheal - just because pug's often wipe there because their tanks flop like paper doesnt mean its hard : )
    thanks tho

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    I liked that raids were opened at launch. vanilla, tbc, wotlk had raids opened at launch too. I never understood why T11 was suddenly a problem.
    WoTLK had easy mode nax, malygos and regular sarth at launch. It had ONE quality boss fight for hardcore guilds in Sarth 3D. TBC had massive gear and attunement gates, Vanilla had gates, bugged fights and only 2 raids.

If you're trying to compare them to the cata launch with a straight face you really didn't do it at the time.

Cata launch is basically what would of been if they released EN, ToV and NH all at release in Legion. That's the comparison here. Not your easy ass WoTLK launch content, or your gated content of way past.

WoTLK had easy mode nax, malygos and regular sarth at launch. It had ONE quality boss fight for hardcore guilds in Sarth 3D. TBC had massive gear and attunement gates, Vanilla had gates, bugged fights and only 2 raids.

If you're trying to compare them to the cata launch with a straight face you really didn't do it at the time.

Cata launch is basically what would of been if they released EN, ToV and NH all at release in Legion. That's the comparison here. Not your easy ass WoTLK launch content, or your gated content of way past.
    Exactly and Cata dungeons (to gear up) were much harder than Wrath dungeon. In wrath you could spam AoE packs down in SWP gear np and clear Naxx 25man in SWP gear in a day or so.

The point I was making was that you stated "there was rush during cata and couldn't enjoy the expansion". The same "rush" was during vanilla, TBC and wotlk even if they were easier or had gates. You basically had artificial "rush" back then aswell to get people attuned/geared whatever.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2017-12-24 at 12:14 PM.

If the guild Easy had any self respect, they would/gdisband. They are an absolute disgrace. Sad!

Well, getting a world rank of #12 is really quite good, if you ask me, so I don't understand why people look down on them so much.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Well, getting a world rank of #12 is really quite good, if you ask me, so I don't understand why people look down on them so much.
    People nowadays flame for no reason, what does it matter if a guild raids a lot, it is their choice to make, not yours. If everyone in the guild is suitable for their hours, no reason not to raid more

Deleted
    Easy gets all it's hate for being a toxic tryhard steroid induced abomination reform of the extremely toxic squad of a former slim skinny abomination known as Overture.

Deleted
    I'll still respect a dedicated guild raiding many hours more than people flaming them for no reason at all other than joining the mindless sheep flaming them in the first place
    : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    addphase is the easiest phase of the fight by far if you can press a single button that is called kick and even if you miss 2 at the same time its easy to outheal - just because pug's often wipe there because their tanks flop like paper doesnt mean its hard : )
    thanks tho
    I guess our definition of "easiest" is different then, because I find phase 2's strategy of just standing there DPSing a boss and dodging static blue lines far less engaging and slightly less difficult than the add phase. I disagree with the notion that the add phase in mythic wouldn't make the fight more difficult with slight mechanical changes in it.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-12-24 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I guess our definition of "easiest" is different then, because I find phase 2's strategy of just standing there DPSing a boss and dodging static blue lines far less engaging and slightly less difficult than the add phase. I disagree with the notion that the add phase in mythic wouldn't make the fight more difficult with slight mechanical changes in it.
    My view of "easy" is if a phase can wipe you.
    A monkey healer/tank in p2 and you can easily wipe while addphase is fairly easy if you have atleast one tank with a brain.
    For mythicversions that'd be different but pointless to talk about

Deleted
    7 asian guilds from 17 argus kills. Those asian guyz know how to play

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfo View Post
    7 asian guilds from 17 argus kills. Those asian guyz know how to play
    raider.io is doing a better job tracking the asian guilds. Feels like wowprog has always added them manually, but I could be wrong. Do they have an API for it? Is Asian raiding really that much on the upswing this tier or have there been this many in the past and just not tracked? I remember back in the Cata days they had double lockouts, so there was every reason to separate them, but not anymore

Either way, I think this tier will be remembered as a 'rise of asia' kind of thing

Just looked it up, yeah there's still no API to verify things automatically https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet...7737113#post-9 Not seeing comps or any other information for the CN guilds. So they might have occupied many high ranking positions in previous tiers

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    raider.io is doing a better job tracking the asian guilds. Feels like wowprog has always added them manually, but I could be wrong. Do they have an API for it? Is Asian raiding really that much on the upswing this tier or have there been this many in the past and just not tracked? I remember back in the Cata days they had double lockouts, so there was every reason to separate them, but not anymore

Either way, I think this tier will be remembered as a 'rise of asia' kind of thing

Just looked it up, yeah there's still no API to verify things automatically https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet...7737113#post-9 Not seeing comps or any other information for the CN guilds. So they might have occupied many high ranking positions in previous tiers
    This whole expansion if people have been looking at logs its been pretty clear there are a lot of very talented asian players. Obviously not everyone logs and there's always the rando cheese parses but there's too many of them to write it off and now a lot of them are progressing quicker than most to go with it