Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm waiting for new stuff in 4.2 for the most part, still doing Hunts and upgrading my Creation gear for BRD, but not caring about gear for other jobs right now, they all got capped and finished their stories so they're pretty well shelved until the next xpac. I'll get the new Tomestone gear for BRD when it comes out and that's it, same with upgrading it. Only when we reach the last tier will I bother getting any other gearsets cos that'll carry into the next xpac.
    I'll just craft gear for all the alt jobs; it'll especially be nice early on in the patch, when the crafted gear will be closer to (if not) BiS for a while. I also have a friggin' crap load of cracked clusters from hunting, so I can afford to overmeld a T6 materia on each item. Tomestones will go towards caster gear first and foremost; depending on what kind of buffs BLM gets, it'll either be that or either of the other casters that I decide to gear out first.

We cleared O4S a while ago now and havent been able to re-clear since lol because on average exactly 50% of the static faces crippling lag (10%+ packet loss 3x normal ping) during raid time, all on the glorious san jose NTT node. We only raid 2 hours a week (I'm a filthy fucking casual ) so any lag basically shuts our raid week down, not to mention the holidays too.

• Ping to NY server in WoW: 20ms
    • Ping to Blackrock server (in CA): 80ms
    • Ping to WoW AUSTRALIAN server: 210ms
    • Ping to LoL server when it was in CA: 90ms
    • Ping to LoL server now (not sure if its in chicago or TX), 40ms
    • Ping to B&S server in TX: 40ms
    • Ping to old FF14 server, 40ms
    • Ping to FF14 server now: 230ms

Ping with Mudfish?

Priceless. err... wait. no 80ms. 0% packet loss. 4 hops to server instead of 8.

One member recommended Mudfish, so I tried it. Apparently the pay for traffic model (I know MMO's use very little data) is a good value for people in my position. He put $5USD in and it's lasted him over 3 months and he's only used like 10% of the $5USD.

On topic:

We all knew Eureka was delayed, unfortunate though that it looks official. Not sold I like the sound of it. Sounds like Diadem + PotD combined. Was really hoping it'd be more interesting, but we'll see.

New raids/trials/dungeons ok neat.

The commode system looks like it'll be decent, but it's still infinitely worse than most other MMO's are employing which isn't surprising.

I dig the stack upgrade bit, BUT PRAY TO GOD you fucking monsters don't start only selling in stacks of 999 for pots/food.

Cool on updating the MSQ dungeons, a bit too late though probably.

The duty recorder might be a neat feature. I'm not 100% sure on its actual real world value, in that 99.95% of the time in "organized" play you can see who messed up because they died because every mechanic 1 shots you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'll hop on to do the holiday thing tonight... final night of this massive recording project converting my dad's vinyl records to digital form to give him for Christmas. ONE MORE NIGHT!!!

Then a couple of days of the WAV to MP3 conversion process, but the end is in sight. I will be free to play games again, to watch movies, to watch anime. To do ANYTHING. T-T
    Cool, bet your dad will freak.
    Don't convert to MP3 though. Use FLAC. Would be a shame to apply lossy compression to all that hard work. You can encode a separate version into mp3 for mobile listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Cool, bet your dad will freak.
    Don't convert to MP3 though. Use FLAC. Would be a shame to apply lossy compression to all that hard work. You can encode a separate version into mp3 for mobile listening.
    I'm already 150 records in. He's not going to notice the difference between mp3 and WAV let alone an in between. >_>

And I'm not converting and entering meta data for 200 albums twice to have two separate formats. Nope nope nope nope nope. This has been every single day for a month already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm already 150 records in. He's not going to notice the difference between mp3 and WAV let alone an in between. >_>

And I'm not converting and entering meta data for 200 albums twice to have two separate formats. Nope nope nope nope nope. This has been every single day for a month already.
    Eeh... if you use programs like x-recode, they keep the tags.
    Though, as long as you keep mp3 to 320kbits you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    @StrawberryZebra

You'd like AST, I think. From what I've read of your posts the micromanaging of cards would add a layer of depth beyond pure healing.
    Currently, my AST is level 35. As much as I find the Job interesting, I'm lacking the will power to slog through to max level with it unfortunately. Even if I do find the time and inclination to grind it out in POTD and/or PvP, theres all the hassle of going through all the job quests which is an extra layer of frustration I could do without. I get that they wanted to give each job it's own unique story, but if you don't remotely enjoy the story they're nothing more than extra hoops to jump through during leveling.

AST, imo, got the best toolkit upgrade from 60-70, although Thin Air and Chain Stratagem say hi. Still find the level 70 WHM ability a bit underwhelming, but all I think it needs is a bit longer duration on the stacks (that are consumed when the ability is used) and it'd be ok, but I'm also not playing the job at a savage/ultimate level. But with AST, the healing landmine + various card-related abilities make dealing with card RNG a bit more tolerable. Now if only AST had another dps spell of some kind...

Semi-related; Now that I'm used to the healers at level 60 and beyond, having to heal in content synced to level 50 makes me appreciate all those nice new abilities each healer job got in the two expansions.

Unrelated: New 4.2 page is up. The Four Lords, is it? I suppose that explains the 4 animal icons on the map of Othard back when that region was announced as being part of Stormblood. Looking forward to it; the only big objective I want to take care of between now and 4.2 is getting the 320-325 gathering/crafting gear made in preparation for new 3 star crafts/mats. Have a decent pile of mats for the fibers, but still need to farm the fish and aethersand for the oil.

I've still been busy with other games - and preparing for Christmas - so I haven't really done much in-game lately. I've even stopped bothering with Rabanastre. I'm hoping 4.2 has more staying power.

Queuing up for Rival Wings is only reliable during peak times, unfortunately - though I'm slowly getting DRK from 60-70 purely through that. 19/100 wins for the mount... >_>

Finally got all my Squadron members to 60 yesterday, so decided I'd go rank up with the other Grand Companies (had stuck with Maelstrom since the start). Tomorrow I'll hit 1st Lt. with the Twin Adders. It went quickly, one day's worth of crafting/gathering turn-ins and then the GC Hunt Log plus flipping some Wolf Marks for PvP accessories took care of it. I'll farm up some Seals while waiting for my CD to expire on switching again, then do the Immortal Flames.

I forced myself to power through the Hildibrand quests.

Ugh.

I hate them. Granted, it would be easier to just skip them but I have an aversion to skipping cut-scenes in games unless I've watched them before.

@Katchii

EDIT: PUT KAZELA instead of katchii my b.

Doing normal antorus tonight sometime around 930PM EST if you want to go. Easy full clear if you need/want it.

Man, really? 10 day ban on the official forums for literally mentioning the word ACT. It wasnt bashing or harassing, it was in response to someone saying I never get commendations despite doing over 20 raises a Rabanastre.

I said, That's why parsing is so important. I'm glad I can see who ressed who and how much via ACT, it's pretty handy. Much more than just DPS numbers.

Shit I've said and done far worse on the game and I've never been banned.

So, me and some buddies did an O3S pug last night and man was it a shit show. Had a zero dps SCH who had bonus (but said he knew entire fight), that's fine we could carry him. Except he was also dead, to every single mechanic. Spellblade holy? Dead. Briars, repeatedly went wrong direction killing himself and someone else. Adds? Wasn't shielding me. Library? DESPITE standing in specific tiles beforehand he still managed to get himself and the BRD killed twice. For reference in O1S/O2S that SCH had both 9th and 2nd percentile. I only checked afterwards to satisfy my curiosity.

After the 4th wipe, we simply replaced him and a few others. Then we get a WHM, who then is LITERALLY just as bad as the SCH, except he's cleared the fight!. Still impressed by our previous healer I decided to check this guys logs out and he had almost identically bad logs. Regardless, I'm no filthy "elitist" so we go in.

This WHM doesn't heal, doesn't DPS, and is only alive maybe 50% of the time. While anecdotal, 2x in a row can really kill motivation lol. It's not even like these guys were bad, they were the worst of the worst.

No mean words were said, or harassment, we merely removed them. No casuals were harmed during the production of this movie.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-12-22 at 06:08 PM.

Yeah, the OF are infamous for arbitrary banhammering. That's why I'll never bother with them, if I have to be that damn paranoid about 'say this and you're dead!' then fuck it, I won't say anything at all, it's not worth it, IMO.

Reading stories like that almost make me wanna go in and try raiding, cos if people that bad are getting through normal clears, shit...me even halfway trying ought to be able to slouch past. But no, I think it'll be too much of a headache for me still.

I'll gladly help anyone who needs help on Primal datacenter with any EXs/Savage. Im bored anyway.

I forced myself to power through the Hildibrand quests.

Ugh.

I hate them. Granted, it would be easier to just skip them but I have an aversion to skipping cut-scenes in games unless I've watched them before.
    The Hildy content in/from ARR was great. Since then it's been rather dismal, save for 1-2 cutscenes among the quests. Seems to me it was intended to have ended in ARR, but due to popular demand they decided to keep cobbling it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The Hildy content in/from ARR was great. Since then it's been rather dismal, save for 1-2 cutscenes among the quests. Seems to me it was intended to have ended in ARR, but due to popular demand they decided to keep cobbling it together.
    Yeah, I stomached the 2.0 stuff even though it's humour wasn't my cup of tea since it came with some nifty trials. The 3.0 stuff irritated me as a huge FFIX fan since a character like Vivi deserved better than to be associated with pure comic relief in my opinion. It worked for Ultros and Typhon since they were gimmicky characters to begin with...

Might be an unpopular opinion, though. A lot of people seem to love the quest chain.

I was left with the impression that it should have ended with 2.0 though. A lot of the jokes were exactly the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It was, they even said they had no intention of bringing it back for HW. But the demand on the forums was great enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought and downloaded Stormblood. I noticed I was able to log in even though I haven't setup a sub yet and then noticed it says I have 4 days of playtime left.

Can anyone explain why ?

My sub ended way back in May and a week before that my previous system died in the middle of a raid and I haven't been on since, my current location is still Containment Bay P1T6.

The only other thing I've done in relation to the game is buy the Sliepnir mount a few weeks ago during the sale in preparation for buying SB this month.

Also, what happened to the Stormblood thread ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I just bought and downloaded Stormblood. I noticed I was able to log in even though I haven't setup a sub yet and then noticed it says I have 4 days of playtime left.

Can anyone explain why ?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...e9748cf08f69c9

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that certainly explains it, thanks.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

Can anyone explain why ?

My sub ended way back in May and a week before that my previous system died in the middle of a raid and I haven't been on since, my current location is still Containment Bay P1T6.

The only other thing I've done in relation to the game is buy the Sliepnir mount a few weeks ago during the sale in preparation for buying SB this month.

Also, what happened to the Stormblood thread ?
    Stormblood thread, but it's loaded with spoilers, as the title states. Most of the general discussion of gameplay and such with SB occurs in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I stomached the 2.0 stuff even though it's humour wasn't my cup of tea since it came with some nifty trials. The 3.0 stuff irritated me as a huge FFIX fan since a character like Vivi deserved better than to be associated with pure comic relief in my opinion. It worked for Ultros and Typhon since they were gimmicky characters to begin with...

Might be an unpopular opinion, though. A lot of people seem to love the quest chain.

I was left with the impression that it should have ended with 2.0 though. A lot of the jokes were exactly the same.
    Interestingly enough, I enjoyed the ARR Hildibrand run of quests, but would not have shed a tear if they decided to end his run at that point. In fact, I'd rather them had spent those resources on an all-new questline of sorts.

Having just blitzed through all remaining ARR sidequests over the course of this weekend, I happened upon the Postmoogle chain. I think that's a better example of what they could do in-game to have a bit of humor combined with giving various NPCs some depth/backstory. Maybe tone it down on all the running around, but having to do such running around makes sense when you're having to deliver mail to people all over the place.

One thing I do hope to see SB emulate from HW was the side quest chain in 3.3 that started after clearing the MSQ that was put in with that patch (the end of the Dragonsong War). Course, that may require some meaningful NPC's death at some point.