Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I wouldnt, since Night Elves (Too much elves currently), Worgen and Gnomes dont really have any interesting and obvious choices for a sub-race.
    There are plenty of races that use the worgen skeleton. The obvious choice are kaldorei worgen from the Emerald Dream with potential customization and color differences from Gilneans worgen. Then there are dragonmen which made an appearance during Cata and WoD, humans fused with dragonspawn.

Sand gnomes could make a good gnome allied race. If vulpera become the goblin allied race then it would only be fair to have sethrak become the allied race for gnomes and considering that allied races aren't necessarily subraces, the sky's the limit.

But if we're discussing allied race pairs, then my nominations would be

Human
    - Tideskorn Vrykul
    - Tirasian Humans
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron
    - Wildhammer
    Gnome
    - Sand Gnomes
    - Sethrak
    Night Elf
    - Void Elves
    - Jinyu
    Worgen
    - Night Elf (Emerald Dream) Worgen
    - Dragonmen
    Draenei
    - Lightforged
    - Broken

Orc
    - Stonemaul Ogres
    - Mag'har Orcs
    Troll
    - Zandalari
    - Revantusk (Forest Troll)
    Tauren
    - Highmountain
    - Taunka
    Forsaken
    - Nathanos-style Undead
    - Skeletons
    Blood Elf
    - Nightborne
    - Darkfallen
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblins
    - Vulpera

Pandaren
    - Furbolgs
    - Tortollans
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-12-23 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    If you play wc3, the Alliance troop is dominated by Dwarves and Dwarven tech, more so than human. Dwarves are proven one of the most strongest, resourceful and enduring races of WOW. The Ironforge city is the only city that had never been invaded by an outside force, and that says something.

That's your problem; you think that races who are shorter than humans are weak. When it was the Dwarves of Khaz Modan that defeated the dragons of teh Old Horde. Whe it was the Dark Iron technological advances securing a foothold for the Alliance in the Alternate Timeline Draenor.

If you think short means shaft, than you don't deserve to be part of the Alliance, or even the Horde for that matter.
    That doesn't mean we need more Dwarves. Just like we don't need more Elves. We certainly don't need a second allied race for a race that is already getting one as is. I never understood the Vrykul sentiment, but even they're a better choice atm for Alliance compared to Wildhammer imo.

I won't say Wildhammer won't come, but the most logical issue would be an expand of the warfront in the Hinterlands and the forest troll would be the new allied race of the Horde, not the Dragonmaw clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I won't say Wildhammer won't come, but the most logical issue would be an expand of the warfront in the Hinterlands and the forest troll would be the new allied race of the Horde, not the Dragonmaw clan.
    Roided Trolls riding Bats vs Feral Dwarves riding Gryphons is interesting too

But not as interesting as Gray Skined, Serpent scaled, dragon tattooed, smpkey beard Orcs riding cloud serpents vs Feral Dwarces riding Gryphons though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    That doesn't mean we need more Dwarves. Just like we don't need more Elves. We certainly don't need a second allied race for a race that is already getting one as is. I never understood the Vrykul sentiment, but even they're a better choice atm for Alliance compared to Wildhammer imo.

Na ah, it certainly does mean we need more Dwarves. This isn't just any Dwarves. This is a totally Alliance centric Dwarves. When the flying patch hits, guess who do you need help to gain air superiority against the Horde? Damn right you need the Wildhammers of Khaz Modan to raind down thunder and lightning.

Vrykul should get to be a main race instead of an allied race.

FIGHT ME

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't have a problem with Dwarves...I have a fucking problem with having 3 different Dwarf races...how fucking hard is that for people to get? Especially when they have little to offer in difference...seriously...besides one wearing tattoos and feathers...what is the difference? There is almost no difference between Wildhammer and Bronzebeard Dwarves visually.

How fucking hard is it to compute that maybe I want different options...instead of more of the same?
    How do you feel about 4 races of elves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    How do you feel about 4 races of elves?
    they have different size, skin and eye colors at least...

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    they have different size, skin and eye colors at least...
    Ikr just like the 3 dwarf races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Ikr just like the 3 dwarf races.
    im not saying that i dont want wildhammer dwarfs, i also hope that blizzard use as much subraces as possible, but as Excellion said they really offer litte difference from bronzebeards dwarfs, they have different size, eye and skin color? i dont remember this...

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    im not saying that i dont want wildhammer dwarfs, i also hope that blizzard use as much subraces as possible, but as Excellion said they really offer litte difference from bronzebeards dwarfs, they have different size, eye and skin color? i dont remember this...
    Just because you and the other person is unimaginative and uncreative at adding customization to the races, doesn't mean Blizzard dev is as unimaginative and uncreative at adding new interesting elements to distinguish between the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    As far as we knew, we'd wiped the Illidari out completely during TBC.

Numbers don't really matter so long as Blizzard want to bring them back.
    Actually no, we knew there were still Demon Hunters out there. We encountered two in Cata, Arturis was still alive, so we knew there were still Demon Hunters active and around. Active meaning they were still quest givers or kill targets, this random orc doesn't do anything except be there, he's literally a waste of space.

I'll say this again:

A Wildhammer Allied Race would give them exclusive access to the following:

A slightly bigger model (Since WH are bigger than their Dwarven brethern)
    Tattoos obviously
    Exclusive hairstyles/beards that don't make sense on BB (mohawks, feathers, etc.)
    WH Gryphon racial mount
    Neat WH racials (stoneform doesn't make sense for WH but does for BB; DI got neat racials)
    Shaman totems that don't look like the crest of Ironforge (wtf was that about anyway?)
    Wildhammer voice-overs (insert red-shirt joke here)

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay great, 3 dwarf races you can play. No thanks. I'd sooner see new races as allied ones, like ogres for horde for example.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather have Frostborn than Wildhammer, but since tattoos are becoming a "thing" don't be surprised when they pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    More options? 3 Dwarven races...how is that more options...especially when you can practically replicate all 3 races with base dwarves? Yeah...because you know...there are so many Dwarf players out there.

Jesus fucking christ people on these forums then can't use even the most basic level of thought processes to realize that more of them same really isn't more.
    So you want more elves then?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Okay great, 3 dwarf races you can play. No thanks. I'd sooner see new races as allied ones, like ogres for horde for example.
    Yup IT WOULD BE GREAT IF ALL OF THE COUNCIL OF 3 HAMMER RACES, you know THE GOVERNiNG BODY OF IRONFORGe ARE PLAYABLE. Having a 3rd Dwarf race playable doesn't mean we could not get Ogres in the future, which you can create your thread about it.

FIGHT ME

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'll say this again:

Tattoos obviously
    Exclusive hairstyles/beards that don't make sense on BB (mohawks, feathers, etc.)
    WH Gryphon racial mount
    Neat WH racials (stoneform doesn't make sense for WH but does for BB; DI got neat racials)
    Shaman totems that don't look like the crest of Ironforge (wtf was that about anyway?)
    YUP PREACH!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    I'd much rather have Frostborn than Wildhammer, but since tattoos are becoming a "thing" don't be surprised when they pop up.
    I don't really care about Frostborn but if they are playable sure why not. But I would be kind of pissed if the actually important Dwarf race, Wildhammer, is not playable.

Deleted
    Ultimately they should add what makes sense lore wise and then branch out to more exotic races. Wildhammer dwarves, Mag'har orcs/Dragonmaw are apart of their respective factions, not adding them would be silly.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2017-12-24 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'll say this again:

Tattoos obviously
    WH Gryphon racial mount
    Don't forget access to the Druid class! That's of the biggest selling points imo since many Alliance players were complaining about a lack of allied race druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Don't forget access to the Druid class! That's of the biggest selling points imo since many Alliance players were complaining about a lack of allied race druids.
    WTB bearded bear form, bearded cat form, bearded moonkin etc.
    I'm saying that and I'm horde. I wouldn't mind getting mauled to death by a bear sporting a giant beard... I'd just be impressed by how manly a death I was just served.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    Ultimately they should add what makes sense lore wise and then branch out to more exotic races. Wildhammer dwarves, Mag'har orcs/Dragonmaw are apart of their respective factions, not adding them would be silly.
    That is correct.

ALlied races are meant to be off-shoots of current available races.

If you take the Alliance's races and their off-shoots into mind, we have: Humans (which will get Kul'tiras human I think) Dwarves (Dark Irons, Wildhammers) Gnomes (??? What are you looking at, Do you wanna play a Leper Gnome, a dumb green gnome???) Night Elves (Too much damn elves) Worgen (???) and Draenei (Lightforged)

The allied race that makes the most sense to be included next is the Kul'Tiras Human, followed by Wildhammer dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    That is correct.

ALlied races are meant to be off-shoots of current available races.

If you take the Alliance's races and their off-shoots into mind, we have: Humans (which will get Kul'tiras human I think) Dwarves (Dark Irons, Wildhammers) Gnomes (??? What are you looking at, Do you wanna play a Leper Gnome, a dumb green gnome???) Night Elves (Too much damn elves) Worgen (???) and Draenei (Lightforged)

The allied race that makes the most sense to be included next is the Kul'Tiras Human, followed by Wildhammer dwarf.
    Mechagnomes or Half Robot Gnomes

Broken Draenei
    Last edited by Hyde; 2017-12-24 at 10:44 AM.