Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Blizz already said that classic would be 100% vanilla without qol casual trash.
    Again, source? They said that some inconveniences would be there (I hope it will be slowwer pace for leveling, while still being kinda "hard"), while some other won't.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2017-12-23 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Again, source? They said that some inconveniences would be there
    Because hazicostas said "vanilla is vanilla". This guy translate it by "100% garantee vanilla copy without any changes" and just ignore the "SOME of the inconveniences and SOME of the rough edges" that followed the statement. Ignore the "no flight in draenor" fiasco because he really want to believe in hazicostas this time. Let him be obtuse and believe in what he want.... I mean take a look at his sig.... as much as I want Classic servers, I'm not deluded enough to put a single penny on his "prediction".
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-23 at 08:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Again, source? They said that some inconveniences would be there (I hope it will be slowwer pace for leveling, while still being kinda "hard"), while some other won't.
    Ion Hazzikostas said ''vanilla means vanilla''. Blizz will make 100% pure vanilla. Its confirmed.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Deleted
    Lol

10 chars

transmog may have literally destroyed wow as far as I'm concerned. the only people who love transmog are wrath baby types

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Because hazicostas said "vanilla is vanilla". This guy translate it by "100% garantee vanilla copy without any changes" and just ignore the "SOME of the inconveniences and SOME of the rough edges" that followed the statement. Ignore the "no flight in draenor" fiasco because he really want to believe in hazicostas this time. Let him be obtuse and believe in what he want.... I mean take a look at his sig.... as much as I want Classic servers, I'm not deluded enough to put a single penny on his "prediction".
    some people just hear and see what they want to hear and see, some PS players just want blizzard to run a PS and won't read into anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    transmog may have literally destroyed wow as far as I'm concerned. the only people who love transmog are wrath baby types
    I'm a huge vanilla/TBC fan, started playing in TBC.

I love transmog because it makes it so that I don't have to look like a fucking clown with completely mis-matched gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    Vanilla wasnt hard.
    Go actually play vanilla and see how often you die before you reach level 10. Then get back here.

It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?

aoe looting won't break the game
    dual spec won't break the game

I MEAN DO YOU EXPECT BLIZZARD TECHS TO START DOING LOOT ERROR TICKETS MANUALLY AGAIN? I GUARANTEE THEY'LL ADD THE 2 HOUR LOOT TRADING WINDOW. JUST SAYIN
    By asking for classic servers, you invite purists into the discussion with validation. Purists ruin everything. And thus, we can't get a better classic, because Purists ruin fun for literally everyone in literally everything.

- - - Updated - - -

i agree transmog breaks the game

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    How does something that has literally no impact on gameplay break the game for classic, yet something that has EXTREME impact on gameplay NOT break the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    Go actually play vanilla and see how often you die before you reach level 10. Then get back here.
    It wasn't hard. Leveling in WoW has never been "hard." If you died before level 10 that just peoples you probably didn't eat and drink between level 7 and 8. No one died before you reach level 10 because the game was "hard." People died before they reached level 10 because

- - - Updated - - -

Ion Hazzikostas said ''vanilla means vanilla''. Blizz will make 100% pure vanilla. Its confirmed.
    Where? Literally everything I find states that they're paying attention to the community to see exactly what the community wants. Which the community simply cannot reach an agreement on.

- - - Updated - - -

How? It has absolutely zero impact on gamplay. It is LITERALLY the ONLY change that they could implement from live to classic servers that would have no impact on gameplay, and thus preserving the purest form of the Classic World of Warcraft gameplay, with the only impact being possible changes to server economy due to high demand BoE transmog pieces selling high on the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    By asking for classic servers, you invite purists into the discussion with validation. Purists ruin everything. And thus, we can't get a better classic, because Purists ruin fun for literally everyone in literally everything.

- - - Updated - - -

How does something that has literally no impact on gameplay break the game for classic, yet something that has EXTREME impact on gameplay NOT break the game?

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't hard. Leveling in WoW has never been "hard." If you died before level 10 that just peoples you probably didn't eat and drink between level 7 and 8. No one died before you reach level 10 because the game was "hard." People died before they reached level 10 because

- - - Updated - - -

Where? Literally everything I find states that they're paying attention to the community to see exactly what the community wants. Which the community simply cannot reach an agreement on.

- - - Updated - - -

How? It has absolutely zero impact on gamplay. It is LITERALLY the ONLY change that they could implement from live to classic servers that would have no impact on gameplay, and thus preserving the purest form of the Classic World of Warcraft gameplay, with the only impact being possible changes to server economy due to high demand BoE transmog pieces selling high on the AH.
    community > all
    transmog made your presence in the actual game pointless

community > all
    transmog made your presence in the actual game pointless
    So you basically admit that to you, the only thing that mattered is that you LOOKED cool? If you were in BiS for your class, you looked exactly like everyone else that was in BiS for the same class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

So you basically admit that to you, the only thing that mattered is that you LOOKED cool? If you were in BiS for your class, you looked exactly like everyone else that was in BiS for the same class.
    there weren't that many BiS players back then. Hence the point. You're still looking at it from a wrath baby perspective

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    Well considering the day 1 experience of me playing Vanilla was dying 0 times until like level 30. K.

- - - Updated - - -

So confirmed!

- - - Updated - - -

*blanket statement* Nice 'no true scotsman' you got going there. No true Vanilla player loved Xmog.

- - - Updated - - -

there weren't that many BiS players back then. Hence the point. You're still looking at it from a wrath baby perspective
    And you aren't looking at it from a Vanilla server that will be locked in Vanilla for all time. People are going to look soooo cool in year 2. They'll all be the same.

Deleted
    the only people who love transmog are wrath baby types
    Another completely stupid statement. From someone asking for dual spec, it's kinda funny!

I'm a vanilla vet. I love transmog and I have always thought that that kind of feature was very much needed in WoW. I came back during cata when it was implemented (btw it came in cata, not wrath...). I had already multiple set ready for it, sleeping in my banks for years...
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-24 at 12:14 PM.

Another completely stupid statement. From the op I'm surprised.... sarcasm maybe?

I'm a vanilla vet. I love transmog and I have always thought that that kind of feature was very much needed in WoW. I came back during cata when it was implemented (btw it came in cata, not wrath...). I had already multiple set ready for it, sleeping in my banks for years...
    I think most of the stuff in game now was things vanilla players wanted. It just took a long time for the technology and opportunity to allow it to happen.

I know flying was a big thing in vanilla, everyone talked about how awesome it would be, in early tbc people were like holy shit I look like a clown!! I think the downward spiral is when people started learning how bad they were, when no one would run heroic dungeons / raids with them, pretty sure that was what created LFD/LFR.. Could be possible a mixture of the aging player base, and lack of new accounts also lead to the more casual gameplay.. We'll probably never know.

A lot of these younger folks are in for a surprise comes the actual Blizz-like experience. In short it fucking sucks, didn't at the time, but fuck that game these days imo.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    some people just hear and see what they want to hear and see, some PS players just want blizzard to run a PS and won't read into anything
    Yeah I can understand that.
    What I also know is that some PS players play pirate because there is nowhere else to play vanilla, but are thinking "it would be so damn cool if I could use the blizzard stock feature instead of all those shitty and outdated addons I need to dl for the same thing". To me those players have a very valid point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I think most of the stuff in game now was things vanilla players wanted. It just took a long time for the technology and opportunity to allow it to happen.

I know flying was a big thing in vanilla, everyone talked about how awesome it would be, in early tbc people were like holy shit I look like a clown!! I think the downward spiral is when people started learning how bad they were, when no one would run heroic dungeons / raids with them, pretty sure that was what created LFD/LFR.. Could be possible a mixture of the aging player base, and lack of new accounts also lead to the more casual gameplay.. We'll probably never know.

A lot of these younger folks are in for a surprise comes the actual Blizz-like experience. In short it fucking sucks, didn't at the time, but fuck that game these days imo.
    I agree for the most part. Doesn't mean everything that came after vanilla was shit.

For exemple, to me the whole idea of TBC destroyed vanilla. We came from a HUGE world with 60 long ass lvl to grind, and end game. With TBC we moved to a smaller world with 10lvl to grind and end game. Everything before outland became obselete. The world shrinked hard! Bad choice IMO
    Anyway Im not saying TBC was bad, good stuff came with it. Better class balance and itemisation from the top of my head. But I didn't like Arena, resilience, the death of 40man raids, flying mounts with gankers above your head, picking and chosing which no match/leveling player to jump on....

I'm just an exemple of how diverse the classic enthousiast opinion is. So coming here and scream "WE want a pure copy of 2004 wow, and if you dont, go play retail" is BS, people talking for everybody when everybody doesn't share the same view. And the attitude that comes with it "I'm a PS player so my opinion have more weight than yours" is as stupid as it can. Fuck it
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-12-24 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I can understand that.
    What I also know is that some PS players play pirate because there is nowhere else to play vanilla, but are thinking "it would be so damn cool if I could use the blizzard stock feature instead of all those shitty and outdated addons I need to dl for the same thing". To me those players have a very valid point.
    Yes, and there are some players who play PS vanilla just because it's free. Or because "fuck blizzard i'm rebelling". Or because they know that the world will be eventually wiped out and they'll be able to stop. Or because they want to use exploits/cheats. There are a lot of various reasons people play PS, Classic can't and won't please everyone
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Classic can't and won't please everyone
    Neither did any of the expansions.

Point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Neither did any of the expansions.

Point?
    you just quoted it.

Classic won't please everyone.

But some people here keep yelling that "everyone wants X" or "we want Y", but obviously it's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You have an improved version of the game. Live.
    I didn't ask for vanilla so you could come in and change things about it. I asked for vanilla to get away from all the quality of life changes.

Transmog breaks the game because the value of items change. Look at the cost of even low level greens.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/de/wow/topic/17617141631

As for your part about what changes. They were referencing within vanilla itself. 10 man scholo or 5 man.
    What talents? Linked flight or unlinked.

If transmog has no effect on gameplay you wouldn't mind if they implemented a system where you have to literally loot the item yourself or craft it yourself to mog it right? No buying from someone else, no buying off ah. Because your going to ruin the economy otherwise.