Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Possible Allied Race- Frostborne Dwarves

What would you thoughts be on having frostborne dwarves as an allied race?

They fit well into the Alliance and there could be a lot of customization like beards and hair made of ice to make them more unique than regular dwarves

Yeah, but unlike the Dark Irons, the Frostborne have had zero interaction with any of Azeroth since Wrath. Current lore wouldn't support them being a playable character at all. If any new dwarven faction was going to become a new race it would be the Wildhammers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Yeah, but unlike the Dark Irons, the Frostborne have had zero interaction with any of Azeroth since Wrath. Current lore wouldn't support them being a playable character at all. If any new dwarven faction was going to become a new race it would be the Wildhammers.
    Why not both?

If I am not mistaken, Frostborn will make perfect race along the Taunka once we return to northrend, inevitably.

i don't think that Muradin (who was their leader for a while) stopped all connections with them. The question is - are they titan creations (so must stay neutral) or natives with free will?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    i don't think that Muradin (who was their leader for a while) stopped all connections with them. The question is - are they titan creations (so must stay neutral) or natives with free will?
    I think they're as titan a creation as the Earthern are. They hadn't been afflicted with the curse of flesh, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Why not both?

If I am not mistaken, Frostborn will make perfect race along the Taunka once we return to northrend, inevitably.
    If we do, sure. But you could list about 50 other races that would be perfect "When we return to X." In the current climate, it makes no sense for them to join.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not at all for Frostborne Dwarves. They're cool and all, but if we get Wildhammers, we'll have three dwarf races already and I think that's enough. Increasing the number to 4 would really just be excessive, and not all that fair in my opinion.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

I think they're as titan a creation as the Earthern are. They hadn't been afflicted with the curse of flesh, so...
    They came out of Uldaman alongside all the other dwarves, and then migrated to Northrend. They are flesh, just blue-skinned.

Though confusingly the in-game model they use is a blue earthen.

The Wildhammer fans are a way bigger contingent than Frostborn. Maybe in five years they'll get to races this obscure.

Allthought yes i like this idea, i doubt they are going to add a second dwarf allied race, before adding a human, gnome, worgen, panda, allied race.

Frost Dwarves? Alliance race? What? No, surely you're joking

Draenei hate them for being another blue race, so slighted Frost Dwarves decided to try their luck with Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Allthought yes i like this idea, i doubt they are going to add a second dwarf allied race, before adding a human, gnome, worgen, panda, allied race.
    maaaan. stop it. if they created ALLIED races like existing ones (read - they are NOT sub race, they are ALLIED race. cause Darkspear and zandalari in example are different branches of old troll race). That doesn't mean that they must add other races based on all existing ones (gnomes in example are main problem, cause mechanognomes are still titan watchers and servants. they don't care for aliance and horde, they care for Azeroth)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They came out of Uldaman alongside all the other dwarves, and then migrated to Northrend. They are flesh, just blue-skinned.

Though confusingly the in-game model they use is a blue earthen.
    there no clear conformation that they migrated from uldaman and affected by curse of flesh or not. Just - there almost no info about them.

The reason to not add High elves is that they're Blood elves with blue eyes.
    Wildhammers are Dwarves with tattoos.

Frostborn are a much better second dwarven race. Muradin is still their king, so he could call them to war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    The reason to not add High elves is that they're Blood elves with blue eyes.
    Wildhammers are Dwarves with tattoos.
    And Dark Irons are just grey skin with red eyes.

High Elves won't be added because you're literally copy-pasting a Horde race over to Alliance.

If Northrend ever becomes relevant again, Would love see Frostborn, Taunka, Drakkari and Tuskarr in more prominent roles.

Some people might be angry at four flavors of Dwarf, But that just gives the excuse to do the same with Trolls.

maaaan. stop it. if they created ALLIED races like existing ones (read - they are NOT sub race, they are ALLIED race. cause Darkspear and zandalari in example are different branches of old troll race). That doesn't mean that they must add other races based on all existing ones (gnomes in example are main problem, cause mechanognomes are still titan watchers and servants. they don't care for aliance and horde, they care for Azeroth)

- - - Updated - - -

there no clear conformation that they migrated from uldaman and affected by curse of flesh or not. Just - there almost no info about them.
    Except no matter how many types of drawrves you add, people who wont play dwarves still wont play them.
    So they gotta added stuff for them all eventually. to give every race an equal chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Erm, I don't think every single race needs a new allied race. For instance, for Gnomes, you got the Leper gnomes, and Mechanical gnomes. Worgen don't even HAVE a viable subspecies, and there isn't a difference between the turtle pandas and the continent pandas.

While I can def see Leper Gnomes as a subspecies (There are likely irradiated gnomes out there that aren't crazy, and are trying their best to work for the Alliance while working on a cure), Mechanical gnomes will require super spin. The only "subspecies" of Human that will be different aesthetically would be Vrykul, which is likely. Any other group of humans basically just need a different RP voice, and tmog.

Imo, most likely for Alliance allied races would be Vrykul->Jinyu->Leper Gnomes-> Other dwarf subspecies->High Elves.

For the Horde, Ogres->Mag'har/Dragonmaw->Hozen(Who HAVE had some presence among horde Forces since Pandaria, here and there)->Taunka->Different kinds of Undead, such as Abom, Skeleton, ect->Witherbark/Other troll subspecies->Different group of Goblins or another->Various misc Kalimdor races, such as Centaur (There is 1 Centaur in the horde, may pave the way for others), Quilboar (If the Alliance/Horde conflict grows, they may have to take a side or be swallowed up), ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

5+ Year Old Account
    A thousand times YES. I have said in another post that I would personally prefer them over wildhammer. I'm sure blizz could think of a few things to make the wildhammers stand a part from the bronzebeard clan, but it would have to be much more than just tattoo's and new hairstyles.

I'm not 100% on the frostborn lore with Muradin etc, but they did join the alliance and I am sure they would answer his call (even the red shirt guy addressed this), BUT as much as I am in love with them.. I would prefer to see at least one or two more allied races come into play (Jinyu or any race than can be a friggin druid) instead of going from dwarf to dwarf. Maybe that would stave off all of the whining? yeah..no.. it wouldn't, but I want my blue dwarf! lol.

And Dark Irons are just grey skin with red eyes.

High Elves won't be added because you're literally copy-pasting a Horde race over to Alliance.
    Dark Irons are different enough, and have potential to get many cool features, like flaming beards and such.
    Frostborne can get icy bears and customization for the gem on their head and whatnot.

What do Wildhammers get? Different tattoos?
    They should just add the Wildhammer tattoos to normal dwarves.
    Same with Mag'har brown skins to normal Orcs.

There's no reason to use allied race for something that similar.
    It should be used for stuff like Forest trolls, Frostborn, Vulpera, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Erm, I don't think every single race needs a new allied race. For instance, for Gnomes, you got the Leper gnomes, and Mechanical gnomes. Worgen don't even HAVE a viable subspecies, and there isn't a difference between the turtle pandas and the continent pandas.

While I can def see Leper Gnomes as a subspecies (There are likely irradiated gnomes out there that aren't crazy, and are trying their best to work for the Alliance while working on a cure), Mechanical gnomes will require super spin. The only "subspecies" of Human that will be different aesthetically would be Vrykul, which is likely. Any other group of humans basically just need a different RP voice, and tmog.

Imo, most likely for Alliance allied races would be Vrykul->Jinyu->Leper Gnomes-> Other dwarf subspecies->High Elves.

For the Horde, Ogres->Mag'har/Dragonmaw->Hozen(Who HAVE had some presence among horde Forces since Pandaria, here and there)->Taunka->Different kinds of Undead, such as Abom, Skeleton, ect->Witherbark/Other troll subspecies->Different group of Goblins or another->Various misc Kalimdor races, such as Centaur (There is 1 Centaur in the horde, may pave the way for others), Quilboar (If the Alliance/Horde conflict grows, they may have to take a side or be swallowed up), ect.
    Void elves are not night elves, but they are allied races for night elves.
    So they dont need to be that race.

Gnome allied races could even be murlocs or gnolls.
    (Kinda suprised these arnt just new races you have to earn instead of "allied races"

I'm all for frostborn being an allied race, but let's get wildhammer dwarves first.