I'm a high silver/low gold player and when a friend stayed for a week at my place I let him play with my account (he is high plat/low diamond player) he got me in that week from 1800 I think it was to a bit above 3000 (solo)
    when he left and I played again I fell fast to gold again (also solo)
    now I manage to not drop to silver but it's deffintly different
    so yeah I suck and I know where I belong and will probably never reach diamond on my own, low plat may be realistic but diamond is out of my sight

everyone who believes he isn't his right bracket should do the same and get carried to higher ranks and see if they can stay there on their own

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I have never been stuck anywhere, except for diamond.. for a couple of days and that was because I was being toxic as fuck and playing poorly too.
    Ah, so you're not really in a position to judge me and call me "toxic" now are you?

The community is improving as a whole, silver players are better than they were a year ago. Chances are you do belong in silver.
    Again, no. Unless suddenly after 6 seasons of not being in Silver, suddenly everyone ranked up but me.
    Which makes absolutely no sense. I got to Silver because the systems dog shit match making kept
    pairing me with incompetent players and I dropped 400+ points, of which the system continuously
    keeps throwing me with said players so that I cannot ever improve.

Look how toxic you are being even outside of the game, I bet you tilt every team you get before the game even starts.
    See above comment. Also no, I'm not being toxic. No more than the rest of the posters on
    here who have all at one point, complained about shitty players they've encountered.

Nor do I ever yell, insult, belittle, and so forth anyone during the game or even afterward.
    The worst I'll do is report players who were toxic themselves. But I don't engage in any
    tilting behavior in-game.

Are you finished? You're starting to bore me.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-12-24 at 02:36 PM.

If you are stuck at a rating, you are the problem. Period. Don't bother answering, you are blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    No it isn't, and your ignorance is quite telling.

Save this advice for the players who are the dead weight to the team.

Considering how for the past couple of seasons I was nowhere near Silver Rank, no,
    I don't think I do. Thanks for playing.

No you can't, don't be stupid.

Unless you're a Master or higher, you aren't doing that.
    Pretty confident a mid tier Diamond player would absolutely destroy a team of 6 Silvers.

And '1v6' doesn't exist, you also don't get the bad team every single time like you seem to think.

You come over as extremely neurotic though, I'd recommend getting help for your mental state which will probably improve your Overwatch games too as a little bonus, seriously the mental gymnastics you go through to basically truly believe this game is out to get you are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Honestly the Silver/Gold/Platinum players who claim they are like mid Masters level should easily be able to climb without tanks if they are as good as they claim.

The only thing you somewhat need is a single healer which from my experience does tend to get picked even at lower ranks.

If you're good at both Tracer/Soldier you pretty much need nothing but 5 warm bodies on your team and you'll get to Diamond+ naturally.
    I dont claim to be better than anyone but i do feel the bad picks of others grab my rank down lower than it probably should me.

Ive always been the person who last picks to fill the gaps in the team comp. But doing this gets me stuck as tank/healer 99% of the time and quite often im the only one in the role i get stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I dont claim to be better than anyone but i do feel the bad picks of others grab my rank down lower than it probably should me.

Ive always been the person who last picks to fill the gaps in the team comp. But doing this gets me stuck as tank/healer 99% of the time and quite often im the only one in the role i get stuck with.
    If you believe you are genuinely stuck in a rank you don't belong, which is possible and I'm not claiming that it's not the case, stop trying to conform to your team too much, do your own thing.

When people climb to their actual rank they don't do it by just playing what the team needs, it's likely that the team doesn't actually give a shit so just do you and play to the best of your ability and you'll get out.

If you believe you are genuinely stuck in a rank you don't belong, which is possible and I'm not claiming that it's not the case, stop trying to conform to your team too much, do your own thing.

When people climb to their actual rank they don't do it by just playing what the team needs, it's likely that the team doesn't actually give a shit so just do you and play to the best of your ability and you'll get out.
    Perfect example of why the system is poorly designed, as you and others that talk about climbing, are now saying pick what you want and you will climb. I'm not saying you are wrong, just pointing out a major problem.
    Blizzard's way of thinking: make it based off W/L for high players and keep the poor system in place for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Perfect example of why the system is poorly designed, as you and others that talk about climbing, are now saying pick what you want and you will climb. I'm not saying you are wrong, just pointing out a major problem.
    Blizzard's way of thinking: make it based off W/L for high players and keep the poor system in place for everyone else.
    I'm specifically talking about people who believe they are much lower ranked than they deserve to be, if you're in the 'correct' rank you should absolutely pick around your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Just played a game where someone with 8 hours of Mercy and 7 hours of Roadhog took Tracer from me and their total time played as Tracer is 2 hours compared to my 60.

/facepalm

yeah not sure why i said oceanic but you guys know what i meant lol
    Yup...just funny ( oceanic part :P)

so 8 mercy
    7 RH
    2 tracer

Yeah its sad you would be better, but atleast he or she was not 1 trick playing.
    And no...did not want to play hanzo...just saying hanzo is like widow...a 1 trick pick witch is very hated because they are not as useful in certain maps and enemy team combo's. It also forces your own team to change because of this ( if you want it to work). and plainly said...most of them SUCK ( like the mentioned hanzo). Enemy team hanzo ( gold player) had like 5 or 6 ults.....he had 1 :S and he did not even use it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I'm a high silver/low gold player and when a friend stayed for a week at my place I let him play with my account (he is high plat/low diamond player) he got me in that week from 1800 I think it was to a bit above 3000 (solo)
    when he left and I played again I fell fast to gold again (also solo)
    now I manage to not drop to silver but it's deffintly different
    so yeah I suck and I know where I belong and will probably never reach diamond on my own, low plat may be realistic but diamond is out of my sight

everyone who believes he isn't his right bracket should do the same and get carried to higher ranks and see if they can stay there on their own
    Well, I have considered buying a boost or something many times, but I do not want to risk getting banned.

Played a game in s2 or s3 can't remember, on my friends account though, about 4000 rated, and honestly, I may not have belonged there, but almost, I was doing okey but not dominating. So yeah, I should be at least 3500, but it's seriously hard to solo queue out of plat as support heroes. :/
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

So I lack conviction. I say I'm going to stick to 3 characters, next thing I know I'm swapping to something else because I'm tired of losing from people doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    is it really surprising that 3 grandmaster players, playing heroes that they can play, can beat silver players playing high skill heroes that they can't play?

at that elo if your dps are genji and mccree it's an auto lose because they are throwing the game anyway. I would have been more interested to see Soldier and Junkrat as the DPS.

I mean, seriously. Do you see this McCree turning his back to Genji as soon as he starts coming his way? And this Genji lmao. are the buttons on his mouse broken? did you see a single primary or secondary?

these guys are closer to <500 than they are to silver

great now I want those alternate reality skins...

I've lost about 700 sr when I've mostly played only support (zen/mercy or dva sometimes) and especially with zen I mostly have gold healing and gold elims. Sometimes even gold dmg...on zen...Frankly I think thats my mistake. I should just be selfish and pick dps. It's just that theres always 2-3 that instapicks dps and do absofuckinglutely nothing and I end up caving and going support

10+ Year Old Account
    I officially stopped caring. I turned on the game today for the 5 loot boxes and had no desire to even bring up death match.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I've lost about 700 sr when I've mostly played only support (zen/mercy or dva sometimes) and especially with zen I mostly have gold healing and gold elims. Sometimes even gold dmg...on zen...Frankly I think thats my mistake. I should just be selfish and pick dps. It's just that theres always 2-3 that instapicks dps and do absofuckinglutely nothing and I end up caving and going support
    I've started being that selfish. Even if we have 3, I'll pick a 4th. I'm so tired of people instalocking things and not getting kills. Figure I might as well do the same and get better at it. Finding out I'm a pretty decent Reaper, Tracer needs a lot of work, and I can't understand how I'm not better with Widow. I can tag people for days as Ana, but Widow? Nah, I'll just miss most of my shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty confident a mid tier Diamond player would absolutely destroy a team of 6 Silvers.
    It all depends on the quality of skill that Diamond player has. Either way, he's not going to win a 1v6 encounter. Now someone
    of that skill with a team behind him, even if they are Silver? Yes, that guy is winning every time.

And '1v6' doesn't exist, you also don't get the bad team every single time like you seem to think.
    No, not every team is bad, and not every person on the team is bad. But like I've been saying, and apparently it
    must be in a language not understandable by people who speak English,

This is a team based game. You are only as strong as your weakest member.

And I get into a LOT of games with quite a few weak members on the team. And more often than not its the
    douchebag who swaps roles without communicating to the team, or the instalock, or the insert other unliked
    and hated player type here. Those players are the ones who ruin the game and fuck people over all the time.

You come over as extremely neurotic though, I'd recommend getting help for your mental state which will probably
    improve your Overwatch games too as a little bonus, seriously the mental gymnastics you go through to basically truly
    believe this game is out to get you are incredible.
    And you come across as being extremely immature to go for personal attacks.

And please, try and refrain from any sort of psychological opinions of others. Its one of the single most pathetic
    attempts to subtlety try and insult someone without it being a direct flame. Although considering how much
    people get away with on this forum, I'm sure you could've just insulted me directly and get no real punishment
    for it.

So since you have nothing intelligent or useful to say, I think we're done here.

Does anyone ever pay attention to kill feed? Just played a game where my teammate kept raging that I wasn't killing Bastion, yet I would kill him over and over but he was pocketed by a Mercy. PotG happens to be me getting 2 back to back kills on Bastion before an Ult that killed 2 more.
    Then rages at the end of the game that no one is helping him kill the Bastion.
    So tiresome

- - - Updated - - -

Fun story of the night:
    Team member: I'm gonna report you, you won't pick 2nd healer!
    Me: well why don't you pick 2nd healer?
    Member: I don't want to play healer. We don't need 3 dps!
    Me: so pick a 2nd healer.
    Member: no! I don't want to pick a healer! I'm reporting you!

I just enjoy playing support like Zenyatta since he deals lot of damage so something i can carry the game with him

I've also been keeping track. I've played 15 games the past 2 days. If I'm not on support, my team has 1 healer. It's always either Moira or Lucio. Usually my teams are 1/4/1 or 2/3/1. Every team I've gone against has been 2/2/2.
    Is there some great aversion to Mercy now?

Oh, take that back. Game 16 and there's finally 2 healers