Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Allied Races & wasted potential

Why does Blizzard love to shit on such awesome potential?

Out of the current upcoming allied races, the only interesting ones are Zandalari, Nightborne, and Void Elves. LF Draenei, Highmountain, and Dark Iron Dwarves are all incredibly boring and should have instead been additional customizations added to their parent races.

My biggest beef is on the Alliance side. For the Horde, it works out perfectly, they land on Zul'duar and who joins them? The Zandalari. The Alliance lands in Kul'Tiras and who's the race they unlock at max level to help them..the Dark Iron Dwarves?? It should have instead been the Kul'Tirans and we would have a new human model.

This would have been a much more interesting and dynamic lineup:

Alliance
    Void Elves
    Broken Draenei
    Kul'Tirans

Horde
    Nightborne
    Ogres
    Zandalari

But no, just recycled nonsense.

/End rant

Ok, don't play em then. Maybe the next round of allied races will make you happier.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

You miss the point.. the whole reason they exist is because they use skeletons from existing playable races..

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    You miss the point.. the whole reason they exist is because they use skeletons from existing playable races..
    This 100%

The point of allied races was to provide new playable options that already exist, thus saving Blizzard the time of actually going through the process of creating a new race. This is why we got 6 of them in one go.

Ogres and Broken do not have a female model, it would take time and resources to develop them, so they don't work.

Now Kul Tiran humans, on the other hand, seem like the could work, I imagine they'll be a part of the second batch.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Kultirans would not use the human skeleton?

Don't want Kul'tirans prefer Vrykul instead

It's more of a personal taste than wasted potential...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post

Alliance
    Nightborne
    Ethereals
    Lightforged

Horde
    Leper Gnomes
    Ogres
    Zandalari
    Ethereal and ogres are not allied races, they're new races. You'd need a starting zone, new models etc for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    Don't want Kul'tirans prefer Vrykul instead
    People are missing OP's point. Read before typing folks.... The Horde lands in Zandalar... and the *allied*race that they get is... the Zandalari. The Alliance lands in Kul'tiras and gets... Kultirans? No. Dwarves. Um...

Vrykul have no place in the story of Kultiras. They'd make sense if we were landing in Northrend but we're not.

Alliance
    Nightborne
    Ethereals
    Lightforged

Horde
    Leper Gnomes
    Ogres
    Zandalari
    this must be one of the salty alliance that wanted Nightborne.

You're getting more elves in your Horde now. How does that make you feel?
    I play both side. It;s just Toooooooo delicious having Nightborne on the Horde and seeing alliance whine and whine kek

Gonna roll a Nightborne and just /dance at alliance in bgs

Deleted
    Uhm... Hate to break it to you, but since WoD all new humanoid models use the same base skeleton which is modular and allows for class specific animations etc.

So yeah, blizz could make whatever race they want a quick possibility atm:P Which is why we're getting 6 allied races, even if only 2,5 of them are fairly unique

You're getting more elves in your Horde now. How does that make you feel?
    There are four elven races now, despite the fact two were more than enough.Heck the whole invention of the nightborne was utterly unnecessary to begin with, they are pretty much blood elves in purple and don't get me started on void elves. As someone who plays both factions I feel kinda robbed.

Alliance
    Nightborne
    Ethereals
    Lightforged

Horde
    Leper Gnomes
    Ogres
    Zandalari
    Yes, this would also be 4 times as much work, since they would have to build new skeletons for Ogres and Ethereals rather than copy pasta Blood Elves and Night Elves.

Ofc it would be cooler to have new and unique shit, but allied races are extra customisation for your character for low cost/developement time. Is this really that hard to grasp this concept?

6 allied races at launch with more planned. This is only the beginning. I'm not saying that we'll be getting dozens but the groundwork has been laid to add more allied races (more exciting races according to some opinions) during new expansions and/or major patches. I believe your title is incorrect and should have been "Allied Races & Worlds of Potential." I'd bet money the Kul'Tirans show up in a patch down the road this expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    It's more of a personal taste than wasted potential...
    Exactly this. In my mind, you (op) thinking that DI's are incredibly boring and wasted potential is laughable. Because imo Dark Iron's top every allied race that has been given to us so far... yes.. even over nightborne!

they use a new special skeleton.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Shuya1 View Post
    Exactly this. In my mind, you (op) thinking that DI's are incredibly boring and wasted potential is laughable. Because imo Dark Iron's top every allied race that has been given to us so far... yes.. even over nightborne!
    I am actually very excited for DI dwarves. Yes, it's just a recolor but why should that be a reason to be upset? They make 6 new subraces and for most of them I am very excited, more than I would be about for example Ogres.

I play both sides too and have since I started playing

you go do that, I'd rather kill void elves

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise Ogres and Ethereals have been around for nearly a decade now, right? And received high res upgrades recently. Are you really too pig ignorant to grasp this?

I feel the same way when they announce yet more scummy humans for the Alliance story arc in BfA. But they are fat humans so it's okay.
    He is probably talking about female models...

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Why does Blizzard love to shit on such awesome potential?

Out of the current upcoming allied races, the only interesting ones are Zandalari, Nightborne, and Void Elves. LF Draenei, Highmountain, and Dark Iron Dwarves are all incredibly boring and should have instead been additional customizations added to their parent races.

My biggest beef is on the Alliance side. For the Horde, it works out perfectly, they land on Zul'duar and who joins them? The Zandalari. The Alliance lands in Kul'Tiras and who's the race they unlock at max level to help them..the Dark Iron Dwarves?? It should have instead been the Kul'Tirans and we would have a new human model.

Alliance
    Void Elves
    Broken Draenei
    Kul'Tirans

Horde
    Nightborne
    Ogres
    Zandalari

But no, just recycled nonsense.

/End rant
    How is edgeelves interesting? They are copies of blood elves just to cater to the alliance fanboys that has been bitching about high elves since tbc
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

You do realise Ogres and Ethereals have been around for nearly a decade now, right? And received high res upgrades recently. Are you really too pig ignorant to grasp this?
    Don't make me laugh, neither Ogres, Ethereals nor Vrykuls have player-quality models that are ready to implement as a race for players. Adding any of them would be A LOT more work than simple reskin of what is already available to play.