Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AFK Leeching Still a Thing!

In just about every BG at least x1 player stands afk .. once reported and the debuff starts (think its 40 or 60sec) they have plenty of time to run into combat!

I think the debuff should last far less before kicking the player out of the BG .. In fact, if enough /afk reports are logged just auto kick that player!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah and then who would defend the flag ? because they are not engaged in combat but the ones fighting in the mid like a brain dead zombie are ? who contributes more to the team ? former or the latter ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Random bgs are a clown fiesta, I'm not suprised people afk in them waiting for rewards.

Unless blizzard puts some efforct into matchmaking and balances the teams, this will keep being a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    yeah and then who would defend the flag ? because they are not engaged in combat but the ones fighting in the mid like a brain dead zombie are ? who contributes more to the team ? former or the latter ?
    There's a difference between defending a flag and AFKing in spawn. Go away.

AFK combat timer should remain 40 or 60 seconds,but combined for the whole duration of the BG,that way they eventually get kicked if they still remain AFK

10+ Year Old Account
    This also happens every time I jump into a portal to do minor invasion points.

There is ALWAYS that 1 player who is standing by the portal waiting for others to clear the mobs. Annoying to no end.

The PvP leeches are the worst though. Reporting should just remove them from the bg.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    i see that you lack the basic reading and understanding skills. because in your first sentence you defended my point. there is a difference between defending a flag and afk at the start but if you implement a tool to instantly kick those who are not engaged in combat, there won't be any difference. shouldn't be this hard to understand this simple thing. hope you feel a little smarter now.

10+ Year Old Account
    not in some people's minds... I can't tell you how many times I've been reported AFK while flag sitting at Lumber Mill in Arathi Basin... And because of those reports I have to actually LEAVE THE FLAG UNDEFENDED to go find a horde to punch to clear my debuff, because these idiots think I'm afk, because i'm not fighting on the road with them.

The debuff duration needs to stay the same as it is, and should definitely not instant kick, precisely because of situations like this... Sometimes morons use the system incorrectly, and people who aren't actually afk shouldn't get punished for nothing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    In just about every BG at least x1 player stands afk .. once reported and the debuff starts (think its 40 or 60sec) they have plenty of time to run into combat!

I think the debuff should last far less before kicking the player out of the BG .. In fact, if enough /afk reports are logged just auto kick that player!

Hahaha, right, because that wouldn't cause more issues than it would solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i see that you lack the basic reading and understanding skills. because in your first sentence you defended my point. there is a difference between defending a flag and afk at the start but if you implement a tool to instantly kick those who are not engaged in combat, there won't be any difference. shouldn't be this hard to understand this simple thing. hope you feel a little smarter now.
    Then you should compose your thoughts a little better, instead of so poorly. Then again you seem to hardly have any mastery of the English language at all, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you should compose your thoughts a little better, instead of so poorly. Then again you seem to hardly have any mastery of the English language at all, so...
    admit that you didn't think about it more than 2 seconds and instead of pointing fingers to unrelated things, focus on the topic which is really easy to understand when actually .. you know.. THINK.

now stop arguing with daddy and go cry at your corner.

ot: it is fine as it is because things like the one quoting me will abuse the system to the boot.

Some one who is actively defending a node will reply to people asking if he or she is actually there .. They would show some signs of being at the keyboard ..

SUGGESTION:

Auto kick people who do not move at all for 2min or 3min AND ban them for an several hours.

While I realize they can still just run around doing nothing, at the very least this way the leech is forced to be at the keyboard.

Some one who is actively defending a node will reply to people asking if he or she is actually there .. They would show some signs of being at the keyboard ..

SUGGESTION:

Auto kick people who do not move at all for 2min or 3min AND ban them for an several hours.

While I realize they can still just run around doing nothing, at the very least this way the leech is forced to be at the keyboard.
    Yet another bad suggestion in this thread.

Shadowmelding close to a node is a sensible tactics that allows you to open with an attack on the one targeting the flag instead of having to start defense by being sapped. Your suggestion would turn this tactic into an auto-ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

Shadowmelding close to a node is a sensible tactics that allows you to open with an attack on the one targeting the flag instead of having to start defense by being sapped. Your suggestion would turn this tactic into an auto-ban.
    So if you shadowmeld you can’t move an inch in 2-3 minutes?

- - - Updated - - -

His point was pretty clear. Perhaps take a moment to read and try to comprehend
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Exactly - I cannot move an inch while shadowmelded.

That's not really one of the most obscure parts of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    If you are forced to jump in an out of it to prove you are not afk then it is inevitable that eventually you will be in a situation where a horde spots you and thinks 'oh just have to wait for him to move again' or even 'okay I saw him jump into shadowmeld there, I can use aoe/sap him.' Shadowmeld has a 2 minute cooldown, so you can't just jump in and out at will.

Rogues like to scout around, how much easier is it going to be for them to find you if they just have to wait for your mandatory movement which breaks shadowmeld?

As soon as the rogue sees you your shadowmeld is rendered useless. He can see when you reuse it and will know exactly where you are.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    If you are forced to jump in an out of it to prove you are not afk then it is inevitable that eventually you will be in a situation where a horde spots you and thinks 'oh just have to wait for him to move again' or even 'okay I saw him jump into shadowmeld there, I can use aoe/sap him.' Shadowmeld has a 2 minute cooldown, so you can't just jump in and out at will.

Rogues like to scout around, how much easier is it going to be for them to find you if they just have to wait for your mandatory movement which breaks shadowmeld?

As soon as the rogue sees you your shadowmeld is rendered useless. He can see when you reuse it and will know exactly where you are.
    Ok makes sense and I get it. I just couldn’t imagine sitting for 3 minutes and not doing anything. Guess my ADD would kick in
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

That is some poor design, no racial should allow that .. Shadowmerld should have a duration cap .. say 30sec/60sec in PvP.

Regardless, BG's need to have leeching tonned down dramatically. Especially, the fake 'I'm defending' excuse ..

Say you have x1 healer in a x10 man-other team has an active healer- and said healer stands still at one node/flag without a peep .. Is he really defending or leeching?

After wiping two or three times, people realize what that a-hole is doing and report him, he gets a debuff and immediately leerrrrooyys other team ..

Look, game design -including defending- should NEVER have solo standing still as a thing! I'd like it much better if nodes/flags need actual interacting-with every so often or they go neutral ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-12-29 at 07:58 AM.

As the guy who in the past was often the solo healer defending a node....

Yeah, thats what happens when the DPS ride off and leave the node defenseless like a bunch of cheba monkeys to go fight in the road.

Dunno how many times ive seen it. We cap a node, i mount up to roll eith the team, only to have to turn around because no one stayed.

The Tildeer version here is:

Randoms are a shitshow.

7+ Year Old Account

Too easy to abuse and too small of a window for those are forced to not move their character due to some circumstance out of their control, like lag or internet loss, or even a real life thing.

Blizzard doesn't want to scare off their players.