Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Battle For Azeroth's Pre Event Might be PVP Based

Seeing as all of this talk about some sort of battle of lordaeron and plenty of other battles, I've seen Is it safe to say that this Is gonna be a huge world PVP pre event for the expansion Is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    There may be a significant pvp aspect to it, but I'd bet my stash that it won't be only pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

doubt it, devs seem to dont want to force people into pvp

15+ Year Old Account
    Forced pvp is the worst things that ever happend to the game
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Seeing as all of this talk about some sort of battle of lordaeron and plenty of other battles, I've seen Is it safe to say that this Is gonna be a huge world PVP pre event for the expansion Is it?
    More likely it will be PVE with a PVP flavour.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Forced pvp is the worst things that ever happend to the game
    Wow, almost like forcing pvp-ers to pve for gear to use in bgs because pve gear is still superior to pvp gear.

Deleted
    May have the new tech and option to PvP, but just like the new content it will have AI grunts for those that don't PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    doubt it, devs seem to dont want to force people into pvp
    "points to MoP's legendary chain"

Yeah, they don't........

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Wow, almost like forcing pvp-ers to pve for gear to use in bgs because pve gear is still superior to pvp gear.
    Forced pvp/pve or any content u dont enjoy is bad, imagine having a forced pet battle encounter in a raid or some other shit
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Sure, as past forced PvP has proven so successful they are willing to bet an expansion on. Kappa!

Deleted
    You mean organised content wich require 2 players should reward the same gear as one that requires 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You mean organised content wich require 2 players should reward the same gear as one that requires 20?
    Because it's really hard to hit Group Finder and look for members. And it's even harder if you have a guild with already willing members.

Deleted
    Because it's really hard to hit Group Finder and look for members. And it's even harder if you have a guild with already willing members.
    LFR doesn't reward with better gear than PvP. Normal may be on par with honor gear.
    But, if its not difficult what is your problem?

You can only get better if you raid mythic, and that is organised 20 man. More difficult to organise = better rewards. How does this not make more sense?
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-12-24 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

Yeah, they don't........
    It's annoying how PvErs get triggered from one quest in a legendary questchain 2 expansions ago that required 3 BG wins. Like seriously, it wasn't a big deal. Now we look at the current PvP scene that is pretty much dead because blizzard made it required for you to PvE to do well in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

Yeah, they don't........
    Yeah. They don't. Because there was a significant backlash that you had to have a win in two BGs for the legendary cloak that you had to have otherwise you wouldn't have access to a world boss.

They learned they lesson, and in the next expansion, WoD, there was no PvP involved in the legendary questline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's annoying how PvErs get triggered from one quest in a legendary questchain 2 expansions ago that required 3 BG wins. Like seriously, it wasn't a big deal. Now we look at the current PvP scene that is pretty much dead because blizzard made it required for you to PvE to do well in PvP.
    It was a big deal when you did those bgs at least once, every day, and would not get all the wins you needed until nearly three weeks after reaching that step in the legendary quest line.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you got a shitty rating, then yes else no
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    How about rewarding organized content with exclusive armor designs, mounts and other cosmetic rewards?

Why are raiders so obsessed with keeping the gear treadmill in raiding, when it clearly does not function?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah. They don't. Because there was a significant backlash that you had to have a win in two BGs for the legendary cloak that you had to have otherwise you wouldn't have access to a world boss.

They learned they lesson, and in the next expansion, WoD, there was no PvP involved in the legendary questline.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a big deal when you did those bgs at least once, every day, and would not get all the wins you needed until nearly three weeks after reaching that step in the legendary quest line.
    How in the hell can it take you 3 weeks to win 3 BGs? I'm thinking that's a gross exaggeration. Sure, you could say you simply suck at PvP. But there are 40 man battlegrounds where you can just AFK and win. It did not take you 3 weeks unless you only tried it once a week.

The best Blizz has ever done for "forced PvP" was the Wrath pre-event. And the neck beards world over pissed and shit everywhere in the forum because Blizz gave us the best event ever.

I think the pre-event is the artifact send-off scenario thing (blue silithus) that won't come for awhile