Enhancement Mythic +

How viable is Enhance for Mythic+, I hear people look for Ele more. Also should I try to get the ToS set for extra aoe damage or is it a waste of time now antorus is out?

Hmm, how high are we talking? 20+?
    Keeping it simple, Ele is way ahead of Enh at Lower Kara with fortified and teeming. Enh is better at Upper Kara with Tyrannical. Depends on the instance and affixes, I (emphasis on I) prefer high Hov with Fort + Bursting with Enh because of priority trash, like the Thudercallers wich will one shot you if not interrupted/CC'ed/killed, and enh is a way better ST dmg on 7.3.2.

it depends on a few things. group comp, affixes, dungeon, and how high we're talking.

most weeks on tyranical, keys above 20 generally have some sort of 1 shot mechanic (looking at hryja, last boss in BRH, probably more) where shamans tend to just fall over.

dungeons like brh/votw/lower tend to favor ele due to the sheer amount of mobs for aoe, where as places like NELs, Upper favor enhance.

as far as going back to farm tos for 4 piece, not even worth the time, you'll sim less, and do less overall. might as well shine on boss fights and hope the rest of your group picks up the slack from trash

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    How viable is Enhance for Mythic+, I hear people look for Ele more. Also should I try to get the ToS set for extra aoe damage or is it a waste of time now antorus is out?
    Everybody always prefers ranged DPS over melee unless the week is volcanic or quaking anyways. That's not a strike against enhancement as much as melee in general.

Enhancement has far better boss DPS, but ele is king of aoe/cleave. Both do well enough on either boss or aoe DPS to not be a hindrance.

Enhancement is the best it has ever been at this xpac. You can play it if you want. The usual struggle will be in getting people to take melee instead of ranged DPS.

Enhancement is better for affixes like bursting, explosive, and raging where focusing down individual mobs matters. Ele is better where aoe matters.

Play what you want. They're both viable.

You have little reason to run above keys at lv16-18 anyways. They're trivial to complete if pulls are done right and people use interrupts/stuns/CC appropriately.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-12-24 at 11:30 PM.

As Enhancement you're fine until around fortified 18s. On fortified weeks or places with a lot of trash your aoe is ok, but Ele does far better. On tougher keys, it becomes a case of specific comps being the most viable. You could go as a dps shaman to anything really, but groups tend to prefer the more "ideal" classes (better defensives or cheese factor).

Edit- I use T21 for single target, T20-4pc with Emalons and Sephuz for most M+ trash packs, boots between packs if long enough to get wolves back up.
    Last edited by MiseryIndex; 2017-12-28 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Gear note

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are really key focused, its a good idea to work on both specs and have several gear sets prepped to switch between. I don't know how high you're going to want to push, but having a solid ENH and ELE spec at the ready will be best depending on which affixes you're dealing with for a given week. As others mentioned, you're usually fighting the "I'd rather have ranged" boss over ELE being better than ENH. People just like to take ranged in for most weeks and that's a problem just about any melee will face. If you're just looking to get your weekly 15 done, though, either spec will do the job on any given week. It'll just be a bit easier for one or the other depending on the affixes, but both are viable if you can get a group.

Yeah i agree with said above, to be really viable as a shaman you should level both dps specs equally.