Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I'd love to see KOTOR done as a film series, but at the same time...kinda dreading how they'd change stuff. Being a videogame you do have a lot more fantasical jedi powers that aren't ever shown or merely glimpsed (such as the speed boost shown in episode 1) in the movies, so it would be toned down a lot. But the story is a good one, and Revan would be more unique to show as a jedi who became a sith lord and then a redeemed jedi.
    I absolutely agree that Revan's story might be better off as an HBO or Netflix series. But only as long as they keep up the production quality of force-users. There were a LOT more jedi/sith back in those days, and Revan was a cut above the rest. Skimping on special effects, CGI, and choreography would kill it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post

Most accurate review
    so sargon is a snow flake who has nothing of value to say other then spotting a bunch of buzzwords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    so sargon is a snow flake who has nothing of value to say other then spotting a bunch of buzzwords.
    Pretty much!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Seriously though, this movie has fuck all politics in it beyond the surface level (apart from "selling arms to genocidal terrorists is bad" if you consider that a fucking political statement lol... but even that is actually undercut by DJ's revelation that the same people are funding both sides of the war) and can we please not talk about that garbage because this movie has a LOT more important things to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Thing about the Emperor was that Star Wars was relatively fresh, he didn't really need a backstory more than just being head of the Empire. Whereas here they're building up to the next big baddie, after years of established lore... and nothing. I would have liked to have known who he was, or at least what is motivations actually were. No point having him there and building him up otherwise.
    Yeah honestly if you aren't going to develop him at all (which is probably fine given he's completely one dimensional and a cardboard cutout of the Emperor at this point) then you at least need a throwaway line just so the audience feels like there's SOMETHING to explain his existence.

At this point I'd almost be willing to support "clone of the Emperor", and I have a strict "no clones" policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven't seen the video but can confirm that this is true kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    That kind of makes sense though. The battle in ROTJ is happening in orbit of Endor's moon, which is large enough to be roughly Earth-like (literally west-coast redwood rainforest). With the Executor's bridge destroyed, it loses station-keeping and begins to be gravitationally attracted to three things:

1. the gas giant Endor
    2. its moon
    3. the 160-km radius (or possibly 200km - the canon conflicts itself on the size) second Death Star

Any three of those are more than big enough to pull something only 7km long down with gravity; but all three are there, roughly lined up, and thus pulling on it in all the same direction. Having it smash perfectly nose-first into the Death Star is kind of unlikely, but where it explodes in a fiery conflagration is the only unrealistic part of that scene, and honestly it looks good enough from a cinematographic perspective to be forgiven.
    The Death Star is about 6% the size of our Moon so that gravity would be pretty weak. I went back to watch the battle scene to check where Endor was relative to the Death Star and the Super Star Destroyer, and realised that the position of the three is pretty inconsistent throughout the battle. So I can't really tell which way it is. Either way it really fell too quickly, it should've mostly been carried along by its existing momentum. In fact why would the engines even shut off when the bridge went out?

Anyway, yeah, it's a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Can we at least admit that Adam Driver did a fantastic job as Kylo Ren?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Just saw it. Honestly was pretty disappointed. The thing with Leia floating through space was super silly and I found Luke's death really underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I like the dude that plays Hux too. It like Hux grew up reading a bunch of books about old Imperial officers and is doing his best to emulate them but no one really takes him seriously.

Driver turned Kylo into a Vader wannabe who needed a mask to feel evil to force of nature with a brutally badass fighting style. Vader would be proud some weird Sith way.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    First of all Rey is the definition of a Mary Sue, it's ironic because all the focus they put on her and even her story is quite literally trash. There's no struggle, there's no meaningful journey, there's no sacrifice, her plot in this story is essentially akin to someone in the LFR theme park getting welfare epics to put in other terms.
    Someone so overcome with feelings of abandonment that she jumps at every opportunity to feel cosmically special, to the point where she makes the second-most boneheaded play in the movie, but is weighed down by the fact that she isnt cosmically special to the extent that she cant appreciate her own strength. Yeah, no struggle there.

Stick with fan fiction, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

At this point I'd almost be willing to support "clone of the Emperor", and I have a strict "no clones" policy.
    Ah. Funny you should say that. In the extended universe he did in fact have a lot of clones. He also temporarily turned Luke to the dark side though and I don't see that happening in the movie universe so that's probably all not canon anymore.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Ah. Funny you should say that. In the extended universe he did in fact have a lot of clones. He also temporarily turned Luke to the dark side though and I don't see that happening in the movie universe so that's probably all not canon anymore.
    None of the old EU is canon anymore, unless one of Disney's hackwriters recycles it for their stories and charges you again for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    None of the old EU is canon anymore, unless one of Disney's hackwriters recycles it for their stories and charges you again for it .
    Well they already have the hack writer part down... so just give them time on recycling what other people have already written.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Just saw it. Honestly was pretty disappointed. The thing with Leia floating through space was super silly and I found Luke's death really underwhelming.
    Leia's scene was silly and will be regarded as the silly scene in the movie for all time. My boss tried to save that scene with some "it could happen" BS, everyone else I know fully acknowledges that the scene was out of place.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No, and there's nothing to "admit." He was just awful, though that was mostly on the character not the actor. So fucking tired of stupid, whiny cunts like him being in positions of power. And how fucking pathetic is the First Order where it's just one guy who decides who's the "overlord" (or whatever equally idiotic term they used)? I still don't understand how or why Hux was, apparently, second in command of the entire organization.

And nevermind Snoke. What the fuck was with Snoke? "Behold, someone even more powerful than stops-blaster-bolts-in-midair! He is so cool and mysterious and awesomely powerful and... oh wait, he just died like a cunt, with absolutely fuck-all known about him, including how he apparently existed during the Emperor's reign when there weren't supposed to be any other active Sith, but whatevs. He's dead, you get NOTHING."

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Leia's scene was silly and will be regarded as the silly scene in the movie for all time. My boss tried to save that scene with some "it could happen" BS, everyone else I know fully acknowledges that the scene was out of place.
    It's particularly stupid because it would have been a fine way to write her out of the story, given she died in the real world. But nope, had to bring her back and carry her to the very end, all alive and rocking. All so we can get some stupid exposition in the next one explaining how she died off-screen or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Yeah I know. Not really the high point of the EU IMO though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t like the movie too much. I mean it is Star Wars so I liked, but overall not great. Very obvious to me Disney took over.
    It felt rather cheesy at times, and very simply they explain everything. Feels like they think the audience is stupid.

Rey is ok in this one, but why is she instantly so powerful?
    Luke seems very weak which I always thought about him, until the end at least and then still that wasn’t much.
    Kylo is just a whiney, cocky bitch. Not sith or secretly good, just annoying(cool fighting style and pilot though).
    And those little pengquin/chicken things I guarantee Disney did focus groups for to find something easily catchy/popular and cute to market.

Overall 3.5/5

Edit: oh yeah and that snoke guy is definitely not actually dead (if he is then that’s just terrible story telling)
    Last edited by Hashtronaut; 2017-12-25 at 04:27 AM.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    It's particularly stupid because it would have been a fine way to write her out of the story, given she died in the real world. But nope, had to bring her back and carry her to the very end, all alive and rocking. All so we can get some stupid exposition in the next one explaining how she died off-screen or some shit.
    While the scene itself was poorly set up (and unrealistic in more ways than one, but we won't get into the science of things), it's possible, with the Force. Also keep in mind that shooting on Ep. VIII was done long before Carrie Fisher passed away, so when they were finished filming this movie, they had NO idea she wouldn't be around for the next one. People need to stop metagaming their knowledge.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    awful piece of garbage movie

Ok, wow. Just saw the movie. It feels like they told Spielberg to make a Star Wars movie. Many cool things in it, but parts of it turned me off big time. Especially the Goonie kiddies. I want to hate the movie, but there are too many cool things in it. But then, I can't like it, because there are so many cheesy rehashed quotes and references... I swear, you don't say "I have a bad feeling about this" when picking a fucking lock. That's reserved for... I don't know, Moons that blow up Planets'n'shit. Gnargh.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah I know. Not really the high point of the EU IMO though...
    In fact, one of its many, many low points. There are apparently people who think the EU consisted of the Thrawn Trilogy and that's it. No Courtship of Princess Leia, no Children of the Jedi, no Darksaber, no Crystal Star, etc. There was an awful lot of manifestly terrible shit in the old C-Canon, beginning with the legendarily atrocious Star Wars Holiday Special.

I mean I liked the Clone Wars series, but after I learned that Dave Filoni wanted to eventually bring in the Yuuzhan Vong of all fucking things I was kinda relieved it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Well they already have the hack writer part down... so just give them time on recycling what other people have already written.
    Not any worse than Lucas himself. The only good movies he made had Spielberg behind them.