Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I could live without everything but my bars. I dont think you'll have much trouble with bags in classic........wont be that much space to start with.
    I've played vanilla without it, I'd rather not again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Very true, unfortunately it's something we have to live with. Blizzard gave us the tools and we ran with it. Vanilla would've been a lot more difficult without addons like threat meters but addons like healbot and decursive make it a bit too easy in my opinion.
    Fair. Let me just clarify that people that need addons aren't any less real players than clickers. Especially if you're a casual player, there's a lot of information to take in. So, I'd rather live in a world (of warcraft) with addons and more players, players that are able to do a great job cause of addons, than one without.

Nope. I need that addon for the mailbox/AH to be fixed. Carpal tunnel is not gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Nope. I need that addon for the mailbox/AH to be fixed. Carpal tunnel is not gameplay.
    Its not true vanilla without agonizing wrist pain, seems u dont want vanilla wow and should stick to retail

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Oh i am well aware. However, the narrative that addons somehow will "ruin" Classic is completely false. We had addons in vanilla, a fuckton of em. For every little thing. It didnt ruin the game then it wont in classic.
    There's a lot of people living under the delusion that classic means no addons. A lot of these people claim they played classic. Evidence suggest that they did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    If they want to do things right (and by that I mean, following their own philosophy that if it wasn't in vanilla, it won't be in Classic WoW) then they'll give addons the same options they had back then. And that means the addons will be way less advanced than they are currently.

They will definitely allow addons. That's not something we should discuss. But there WILL be a good chance that they'll restrict addons to only use vanilla capabilities. And that's much more interesting to think about...
    That's something they DEFINITIVELY WON'T DO! Vanilla Addons were MUCH MORE POWERFUL than you think. They added a lot of things over the year, but also removed a lot. Many things that was already possible in vanilla didn't exist back then because people didn't created it yet.

Even more: Vanilla-Addons allowed automation of combat and even it could be used to botting, since it allowed you to move and interact within the client just with addons. And i doubt that blizzard will allow this.

No, i doubt they will keep the old system, they probably even take the retail-client for Vanilla, even with functioning raid frames. Because this is only user interface, and if both games have the same user interface, it much easier to maintain. (and yes, people are saying that they want non-working interface because otherwise it's not vanilla are to 99% trolls)

Deleted
    Come on guys! Have you tried to play healer without something like clique or vuhdo? Very possible but not very handy. I dont believe click casting and mouse over or anything provided by vuhdo is hand holding. Less tedious/more instinctive but it doesn't chose the right spell or the best target for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Come on guys! Have you tried to play healer without something like clique or vuhdo? Very possible but not very handy. I dont believe click casting and mouse over or anything provided by vuhdo is hand holding. Less tedious/more instinctive but it doesn't chose the right spell or the best target for you.
    It's doable with mouseover macros, Not great though
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    Addons were readily available in vanilla so why would this new classic be any different. There's 2 major differences from then and now which are (1) Addons had automation in vanilla and (2) Addons are much more advanced now. The only possible way to try and give it a closer to vanilla experience when it comes to addons is to revert back to the vanilla api which is definitely not something they want or even care to do.

There was La Vendetta Boss Mods (now DBM) and CT_RaidAssist/CT_Mods to help with timers. People didn't memorize everything act accordingly. If you think they did then I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. The current iteration of WoW and even previous ever since WeakAuras was created have been using that to make their own timers/boss mods for new encounters where BW/DBM haven't yet been coded.

Half the battle back in vanilla raiding was finding 39 other people capable enough that understood the game enough to do encounters. I'm sure you were in a guild competing for world 1st-100th, amirite? Hey, I was in the top guild on my server for vanilla/tbc, give me a cookie too....

Mages didn't have a hotkey to decurse an entire raid back then, show's how much you truly played. Us mages used decursive where you just clicked on the affected player and it auto-decursed. That addon is what made Blizzard add a few second cooldown to decursing/cleansing.

@OP; Here's a ss of mine from vanilla showing that addons were definitely used...

This is basically wrong. I specifically remember doing progression raiding and not having DBM or Bigwigs support for several of the newest fights because the add-on creators hadn't made it yet. The material was too new. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true. Add-ons are hand holders. Good players dont need them. Bad players insist on using them.

End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I was thinking... The honor system.
    Only thing about that old system was it was easier to get rep with the 3 factions. Cause you turned in the marks for 250 rep each. So even a loss in WSG was 250. You can get 0 rep these days if you're shut out.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    This is basically wrong. I specifically remember doing progression raiding and not having DBM or Bigwigs support for several of the newest fights because the add-on creators hadn't made it yet. The material was too new. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true. Add-ons are hand holders. Good players dont need them. Bad players insist on using them.

End of story.
    Yes, for the majority of vanilla there was technically no boss mods. However, addons such as Natur's Enemy Castbars (NECB) and CT_RaidAssist and it's other plugins were indeed used to help with buff/debuff monitoring and timers. Sure, even those weren't available from day 1 but, to basically say there was nothing to help raiders throughout vanilla is blatantly wrong. I'm sure you consider yourself a good player and you're in a top 100 guild, hit 95% on logs for every fight, never die and are consistently top dps for every encounter, all of this while not using a single addon. Pretty much every guild that was competing for world firsts since the release of the game has had people using addons and/or their own custom scripts/plugins/timers.

End of story.

But how would i know how bad im beating everyone on damage???