Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Way to increase Raider.IO score?

Since I started in Legion I've just been doing one M+ for the weekly chest. Back before I quit near the end of NH, on top of a high Ilvl most of the 13-15ish runs wanted you to have the +15 achievement. Now it seems all the 15 range runs want you to have a certain score on some Raider.IO thing.

So how exactly do you get a higher Raider.IO score? Do I need to download a specific addon and just spam +10s until my score is up? How many +10-+13 runs (generally what I get invited to before the Raider.IO wall) will I have to do before my score is up in the 2.5k range?

It's not a matter of just "spamming" +10-13s, you have to:

A) Do them early, preferably tues or wed

and

B) Do each dungeon on +10-13, you get score per key run based on what dungeon it is, so you have to do them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not a matter of just "spamming" +10-13s, you have to:

A) Do them early, preferably tues or wed

and

B) Do each dungeon on +10-13, you get score per key run based on what dungeon it is, so you have to do them all.
    Alright with that in mind do I need to download a specific addon, or upload a combatlog to Raider.IO for the score to be registered or how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Alright with that in mind do I need to download a specific addon, or upload a combatlog to Raider.IO for the score to be registered or how does it work?
    It's based off blizzard's top 100 leaderboard's, hence the need to do them early in the week, or they won't register.

It's based off blizzard's top 100 leaderboard's, hence the need to do them early in the week, or they won't register.
    Isn't there a difference between your score and making leader boards? If not, this is silly. You're saying players are being invited/not invited to groups based on their work schedules and when they are free to play the game?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    Isn't there a difference between your score and making leader boards? If not, this is silly. You're saying players are being invited/not invited to groups based on their work schedules and when they are free to play the game?
    Either that or group with people from dead realms, the way both raider.io and wowprogress pull your m+ runs is the leaderboard, don't make it, no score.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    I don't think this is as big a deal as some people say. Every run I've ever done has been counted, even if it was only a +15 done on Tuesday night.

Edit: Actually I've gotten score for every run I've ever done, even for +8's or something like that.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-12-25 at 07:44 AM.

Nothing is needed, everything is automatic.
    Runs that make it onto Blizzard's M+ Leaderboards (top 100 so far per week per realm per dungeon see https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/pve/leaderboards) are periodically (~every 30 minutes) scanned by WoWProgress and Raider.io. Your highest run for a particular instance gets a score that is based on the level of the dungeon (a base score that for lower levels is roughly equal to 10x the dungeon level) and a bonus/malus (usually roughly between -10/+10) depending on you time left/exceeded for the run. Your best score for each dungeon then gets added up and that is your overall 'M+ Score'. You can look up your own 'score' and all details at https://raider.io/ . The Top 100 is a technical Blizzard api limitation that the sites hope will be expanded upon. On higher population realms with an active M+ scene this can mean that your runs later in the week will need to be higher to still rank than those at the start just after the boards have reset. You can easily circumvent this by grouping with a player from a lower population realm, as a run including you will show up on the leaderboards of all players in your party, not just on your own realm.

The optional add-on (https://raider.io/addon) is merely a quick way to facilitate lookup of the data from the website. It works of a daily updated snapshot of the profiles at Raider.io. To be included in the snapshot, you must have a M+ score of 500 or more, and have logged into WoW in the last 30 days. Besides the score, the addon will also show your highest completed run for a dungeon ever, and the highest completed for the particular instance for which you are running. If you are on an alt it will also include the scores for you main, provided that you have made an account on Raider.io and have designated one of your characters as your main.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    S
    So how exactly do you get a higher Raider.IO score? Do I need to download a specific addon and just spam +10s until my score is up? How many +10-+13 runs (generally what I get invited to before the Raider.IO wall) will I have to do before my score is up in the 2.5k range?
    Spamming +10's wil get you nowhere as only your highest run for each instance counts. To get you score up run each dungeon as high and as fast as you can. A typical 2.5K profile will have run each dungeon instance in time in the 16-18 range.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2017-12-25 at 08:11 AM.

Easiest way is to do every dungeon at at least +10. That way you will end up with around 1800 score, which is very good and will get you to groups.

The way I did it was to try to get a key at 15. When I did that I started making a group for it. With 15 key, you get insane good people, who just want to get their weekly done. After you successfully finished the key, you get a new one at 16,17 or 18. You then delevel that back to 15 and go again.

How to delevel: Enter the dungeon alone, start the key, get out of the dungeon, reset all dungeons. Congratulations, you now have a -1 key.

If you keep doing that, eventually you will end up with many dungeons done at 15.

Deleted
    You get higher scores by doing very high keys. Trying to do some +18 keys helps. Any 950+char can easily do it. Aslong as you know mechanics.

Next week will have nice affixes. A good week to push m+score. If you do some good work your m+ score will be so good that you are done for this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Well its monday and you need only EOA13 to rank. Seat has only 45 runs, so any +2 will be ranked. For Halls of Valor a +8 is currently ranked, so any +10 should be easily ranked. Cathedral +7 is still currently ranked.

People whining about their score usually dont put any effort into their m+ score. Getting a 2k score is easy.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-12-25 at 09:02 AM.

Generally, do highest keys you can possibly do. But since leaderboards from which raider.io gets information are limited to 100 slots per realm per dungeon, you need to either:

1) Be a good player compared to others on your realm
    2) Do your dungeon early in the week
    3) Invite players from "worse m+" realms so you can get into 100 of their realm instead of yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well its monday and you need only EOA13 to rank. Seat has only 45 runs, so any +2 will be ranked. For Halls of Valor a +8 is currently ranked, so any +10 should be easily ranked. Cathedral +7 is still currently ranked.
    Depends entirely on your realm. Dead realms, sure. People on high-pop realms are fucked though

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Easiest way is to do every dungeon at at least +10. That way you will end up with around 1800 score, which is very good and will get you to groups.
    10's will not get you to 1800, 13/14's will

on dead realm(tm). Go check Silvermoon/Kazzak(EU) and you will need +17 in decent time on more or less every dungeon but Seat where you need +15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutly dumb system...Doing M+15-17 every week. But most of runs simply absent. Because yes, I do it at Sunday or even Thursday.
    Did MoS 15+2 yesterday with randoms. Nothing special ofc but I havent this run in history. Like 4 others +15 in this season.
    Last edited by Visor; 2017-12-25 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Depends entirely on your realm. Dead realms, sure. People on high-pop realms are fucked though
    Well you need only 1(!!!!!) person from a "dead" realm.

Additionally i looked at some of the very populated servers and some need 17, others need 11 to rank. Nothing special.

If you cant rank like that, pick someone of a low pop realm and get your +9 ranked....

Next week will have nice affixes. A good week to push m+score. If you do some good work your m+ score will be so good that you are done for this season.
    All the nerds will come out of the bushes to farm score next week. So unlike on some other weeks, the leaderboards will get clogged by high keys really quickly.

Fuck io score, too many people take raider.io score as the bible.

"Maw +3, 2.4k raider.io needed, link CE Argus, link Gladiator"

The requirements for some groups are beyond a joke. I have a score of like 600 because I do one max key a week, doesn't mean I'm retarded or incompetent, just means I do a key a week due to not liking M+ (cache too good to ignore) and not wanting to sink time into content I dislike just to gain this stupid score most people ask for.

Score doesn't give an accurate reading of how good a player is just how many keys they have done am I wrong?

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Fuck io score, too many people take raider.io score as the bible.

"Maw +3, 2.4k raider.io needed, link CE Argus, link Gladiator"

The requirements for some groups are beyond a joke. I have a score of like 600 because I do one max key a week, doesn't mean I'm retarded or incompetent, just means I do a key a week due to not liking M+ (cache too good to ignore) and not wanting to sink time into content I dislike just to gain this stupid score most people ask for.

Score doesn't give an accurate reading of how good a player is just how many keys they have done am I wrong?
    Basically if you make a desirable +15 key group, they get several dozen DPS apps, so they find it fitting to filter based on criteria, in this case, the score. They're going to filter one way or another, whether ilvl, score, logs, spec desirability, and some even avoid certain servers.

It's just like the ilvl requirement on ATBT groups. It's not the ilvl required for the place, but they're just looking to filter in some fashion because they get an excess of apps. Just like a 2.5k score isn't required to do a 15, but that's the filter group leaders go with because they'll skew towards go with the guy who runs it more/higher than the guy who runs just the weekly. The addon has become more inclusive though lately, as it now displays the highest score in any season as your score and highest completed, so hopefully leaders start using those metrics to qualify players too. And on the Blizzard side of things, at least its just a 15, which I've pugged a whole lot without too much trouble

I can't really think of an official term for this, but this is basically what I've posted over the years in ilvl/gearscore threads. They want a quick filter to get what they deem the top X% of the many apps they're getting, especially for DPS

On a side note, it honestly it wouldn't surprise me if somebody made a raiding addon that displayed WCL parse median score or something, then people would start caring about that too much, hopefully not though since it'd place less emphasis on mechanics. I'm alright with it just being ilvl for now
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-12-26 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Basically if you make a desirable +15 key group, they get several dozen DPS apps, so they find it fitting to filter based on criteria, in this case, the score. They're going to filter one way or another, whether ilvl, score, logs, spec desirability, and some even avoid certain servers.

It's just like the ilvl requirement on ATBT groups. It's not the ilvl required for the place, but they're just looking to filter in some fashion because they get an excess of apps. Just like a 2.5k score isn't required to do a 15, but that's the filter group leaders go with because they'll skew towards go with the guy who runs it more/higher than the guy who runs just the weekly. The addon has become more inclusive though lately, as it now displays the highest score in any season as your score and highest completed, so hopefully leaders start using those metrics to qualify players too. And on the Blizzard side of things, at least its just a 15, which I've pugged a whole lot without too much trouble

I can't really think of an official term for this, but this is basically what I've posted over the years in ilvl/gearscore threads. They want a quick filter to get what they deem the top X% of the many apps they're getting, especially for DPS

On a side note, it honestly it wouldn't surprise me if somebody made a raiding addon that displayed WCL parse median score or something, then people would start caring about that too much, hopefully not though since it'd place less emphasis on mechanics. I'm alright with it just being ilvl for now
    Yeah I do understand that it's used as a filter to try and obtain the best players available for the run. It's just that too many people live by this score alone IMO. Even running a max key a week I usually get 600-800 score a season before it resets so even if they look at my last season score it doesn't help me much.

My keys are usually run in the last 2 days before reset also and I read that doing keys earlier in the week is a better method to gain ioscore. I leave it until last minute because I mostly raid log and also dislike M+.

There's no way around it really as you said people will always try to make some kind of filter wether it's score or ill or w.e. It's just frustrating at times when your 960+ with CE on every end boss and pretty much plays to raid, and get denied for a simple +15. It is my own fault though in a way for not sinking time into raising score as this would solve my problem.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -