Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well some of the stuff they say about women is pretty offensive. Beyond that, it doesn't affect me if men opt themselves out of the dating pool; it's not a requirement to date, have sex, marry, or have children in our society and honestly that is the way things should be. We should do those things if we want to, not because of social pressure/sense of obligation.

Insensitive sure. But are they wrong? It's insensitive to say most black people love chicken. But is it factually wrong? No.

And this is where the thread turns into a MGTOW Thread.

WELCOME TO MMO-CHAMP!

Welcome to this place on the internet ....

Everything is bait.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Insensitive sure. But are they wrong? It's insensitive to say most black people love chicken. But is it factually wrong? No.
    What the fuck does this even mean lol.

Yeah I'd say most of the stuff I read was pretty factually wrong, even if only because it was applied as a generic statement towards all women instead of certain women. We're all different...

Some of it (a lot of it) also seemed flat out wrong. Like "women fake orgasms in order to make men more submissive". I can't even follow the trail of faulty logic that would draw someone to that conclusion.

Deleted
    Yeah I'd say most of the stuff I read was pretty factually wrong, even if only because it was applied as a generic statement towards all women instead of certain women. We're all different...

Some of it (a lot of it) also seemed flat out wrong. Like "women fake orgasms in order to make men more submissive". I can't even follow the trail of faulty logic that would draw someone to that conclusion.
    Generic statements being oversimplified sometimes doesn't mean they can't be used as a general statement. Exceptions are not the rule.

Generic statements being oversimplified sometimes doesn't mean they can't be used as a general statement. Exceptions are not the rule.
    Yeah I see we're going to have disagreements here. Trust me, we're all different. There is no general statement that could be applied to all women. Or "most" women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    It means it would not be the first time our society gets touchy feely about something that's just flat out right.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I see we're going to have disagreements here. Trust me, we're all different. There is no general statement that could be applied to all women. Or "most" women.
    Most women if given the opportunity will choose children over career. True or false?

It means it would not be the first time our society gets touchy feely about something that's just flat out right.

Most women if given the opportunity will choose children over career. True or false?
    Neither, it's a generic statement and if someone did a poll the results would probably be close to 50/50. In my own personal pool of friends, most of us have chosen career.

Kids are great but they are expensive and time-consuming, we are all working more hours and people need two incomes to survive nowadays if they have children. This greatly influences decision making.

If you asked the same question to men, I really highly doubt you'd get most men choosing one over the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    It means he subscribes to gender/racial stereotypes and doesn't question them, which means this conversation with him is going to basically be pointless.

Well some of the stuff they say about women is pretty offensive. Beyond that, it doesn't affect me if men opt themselves out of the dating pool; it's not a requirement to date, have sex, marry, or have children in our society and honestly that is the way things should be. We should do those things if we want to, not because of social pressure/sense of obligation.

It does make me sad for men who choose this path, in the sense that there is no substitute for a healthy romantic relationship. Friends are wonderful, but the love/intimacy you get from a committed relationship with someone who truly cares about you is one of the best things a human being can experience in this world (as well as one of the most soul-shattering). In my opinion, love and sex are basic human needs, and that is something I wish for every person to experience, in a healthy way.
    I'm not in any disagreement with your assessment. It's just funny to me that it is some how culturally appropriate for the exact same message to be said, heard, and supported by 3rd wave feminism but some how only sexist when it's from the MGTOW camp. I'm honestly not sure any of either groups arguments aren't identical beyond the sex term reversed.

Deleted
    How is that an insensitive statement?

Its just crazy people thinking an entire gender is out to get them. Its just the other side of the coin to all the patriarchy stuff.

What have you done?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    I guess I'm one of those pedophilia-apologists and alt-right neo nazis mentioned in this thread, hope you like your stay.

Neither, it's a generic statement and if someone did a poll the results would probably be close to 50/50. In my own personal pool of friends, most of us have chosen career.

Kids are great but they are expensive and time-consuming, we are all working more hours and people need two incomes to survive nowadays if they have children. This greatly influences decision making.

If you asked the same question to men, I really highly doubt you'd get most men choosing one over the other.

- - - Updated - - -

It means he subscribes to gender/racial stereotypes and doesn't question them, which means this conversation with him is going to basically be pointless.
    http://time.com/4068559/gallup-poll-...-home-mothers/
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/2168606
    http://college.usatoday.com/2015/07/...re-motherhood/
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...d-house-prices

Most if it is socially driven. It turns out that in countries in which women can stay home effectively they generally do. Additionally, it's also been shown that as education for women rises, birthrates lower. Seems we all crave sweet sweet independence when that fat loot is on the line.

So yeah, you and your friends are most likely at the age range in which you are "forced" to choose because you want a house or car or sweet sweet cocktail hour. I'd personally love to see a poll which was more on point of "If you had a husband making XXX,XXX would you prefer to work or raise children?" I believe that's oddly more relevant.

Start what exactly?

Welcome, don't take anything seriously here.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    http://time.com/4068559/gallup-poll-...-home-mothers/
    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/2168606
    http://college.usatoday.com/2015/07/...re-motherhood/
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...d-house-prices

Most if it is socially driven. It turns out that in countries in which women can stay home effectively they generally do. Additionally, it's also been shown that as education for women rises, birthrates lower. Seems we all crave sweet sweet independence when that fat loot is on the line.

So yeah, you and your friends are most likely at the age range in which you are "forced" to choose because you want a house or car or sweet sweet cocktail hour. I'd personally love to see a poll which was more on point of "If you had a husband making XXX,XXX would you prefer to work or raise children?" I believe that's oddly more relevant.
    If we had a poll where we asked both genders whether you would stay home if your spouse made x, both would likely be more likely to say they would be willing to raise children (assuming x is high enough). In fact, we had a thread to this effect some time ago, where a bunch of guys said they'd love to stay at home.

My answer would still likely be the same. I am the oldest of five, I am well familiar with what it is like to be a mother and housewife, even if only by observation. I like kids, but raising them is often thankless and intellectually dulling work, and as you inferred in your post, I like my independence. In fact, I set up my whole life so that I may have that independence for as long as wholly possible.

If we had a poll where we asked both genders whether you would stay home if your spouse made x, both would likely be more likely to say they would be willing to raise children (assuming x is high enough). In fact, we had a thread to this effect some time ago, where a bunch of guys said they'd love to stay at home.

My answer would still likely be the same. I am the oldest of five, I am well familiar with what it is like to be a mother and housewife, even if only by observation. I like kids, but raising them is often thankless and intellectually dulling work, and as you inferred in your post, I like my independence. In fact, I set up my whole life so that I may have that independence for as long as wholly possible.
    I'd wager if the financials were correct you'd have an OVERWHELMING number of the boys wanting to be home. Fuck, Call of Duty all day bro!

Sadly, I truly believe the reasoning behind the choices would be radically different. I'm welcome to be called a sexist but I cannot shake the feeling or belief that women would do it for nurturing reasons and men would do it for the "fuck yes no work!" reason more than the other.

Also, children are shit bags and the WORST gambling system ever. You play the game for 15-18 years and hope it doesn't turn out to be a giant shit. And if it is a giant shit then abortion supporters were right.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Complain about Endus.
    He got de-modded broseph