Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The hilarious part is you think this is on blizzards end and not the horrible internet where you live. When I have connected across the pacific ocean while in Japan and still had a playable experience with no DCs, it's not on blizzard's end. LATAM is known for having shit connections in almost every game, because in most areas... they have shit internet.
    Considering that no other games report this problem and i've been playing on a WoW private server and the problem does not exist.

And the fact that this problem is happening in many Latin servers and Blizzard acknowledged this and its working to fix the problem.

https://us.battle.net/forums/pt/wow/topic/20760746533

So i ask that you refrain from talking shit in a matter that you don't know anything about
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

5+ Year Old Account
    The reason is really simple. I can’t keep aggro. Rather stand behind and cast spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Considering that no other games report this problem and i've been playing on a WoW private server and the problem does not exist.

And the fact that this problem is happening in many Latin servers and Blizzard acknowledged this and its working to fix the problem.

https://us.battle.net/forums/pt/wow/topic/20760746533

So i ask that you refrain from talking shit in a matter that you don't know anything about
    I know nothing about?

So it's my imagination that any time I see a LATAM flag in any MP game the person is either going to 1) Be laggy or 2) DC?

Yea, I'm sure Capcom(SFV, MVCI), Namco(Tekken 7), Blizzard(WoW, Overwatch) and Nintendo(Splatoon) all literally have the same exact issue with LATAM and it's not the shit internet architecture typically found in those counties I just always notice it for no reason, even when it's just people in Mexico and I don't live that far from them in Cali

When I can play my friend in Alaska, or play from Japan with a more consistent connection then people in LATAM countries don't try to tell me it's the game developers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I know nothing about?

So it's my imagination that any time I see a LATAM flag in any MP game the person is either going to 1) Be laggy or 2) DC?

Yea, I'm sure Capcom(SFV, MVCI), Namco(Tekken 7), Blizzard(WoW, Overwatch) and Nintendo(Splatoon) all literally have the same exact issue with LATAM and it's not the shit internet architecture typically found in those counties I just always notice it for no reason, even when it's just people in Mexico and I don't live that far from them in Cali
    Good you acknowledged.

Happy Holidays and good night.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

My main doesn't have a tank spec. Though my current favorite alt, my monk, is doing tolerably at tanking. The stagger mechanic is really unique. Contrasting my DH which I thought was overly complicated and bear which I thought was too simple, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like leading, I can heal or dps fine, but not tanking.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    its booring

15+ Year Old Account
    I tanked and healed a lot during WotLK while I was still in college. I also drank a lot because, well I was in college and tanking stressed me to the point where I felt like I needed to drink to enjoy playing. Amusingly enough, healing didn't stress me but I was always a better healer while I was buzzed. Most you'll see me heal/tank nowadays is the very rare dungeon. Also, I'm two and a half years sober. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because im tired of it

Tanked a bit of BC, then the whole of Wrath, skipped cata, tanked Mop, then wod. On legion i decided to retire tank but kept as melee dps. On BfA ill try being a ranged dps.

Because it's almost impossible to get in somewhat good, established guild

I used to tank, but now they all just feel so fucking boring, watered down and spammy. Brewmaster Monk in WoD was the last tank I really enjoyed, it felt unique and skillful. Don't like it so much now though.

Plus I think a big part of it was I enjoyed figuring out what gear was best, balancing threat generation with avoidance and health, stuff like that. Now the gearing is kinda mindless.

Because I can't even loot corpses without the whole group running ahead and pulling.

1. Tanking requires that you know the tacts and know them well. You can't wing it like a dps or healer. If you fuck up, the raid wipes.
    2. Tanking requires raid attendance. If you can't be online for some reason, it's likely the guild won't raid. Add to this the chance of you wanting to reroll, and you will be disappointing a lot of people, and if I want to disappoint a lot of people I'll just have dinner with my family.
    3. Tanking requires coordination in /whisper with the other tank. Cba talking. Often times in pugs, the other tank doesn't know tacts and I have to explain. Cba with that either.
    4. Only tank that's fun is Warrior and it still has this problem that using Revenge annoys the shit out of me.
    5. Tanks do too little damage in pvp to be fun, unlike in other expansions, and I do quite a bit of casual pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    But ... I AM tanking :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    I enjoy tanking on a monk, druid, or warrior. But since I returned a few months back I've seen what I can only describe as a zerg mentality when it comes to dungeons. Unless you're racing to the end like a meth-addled jack-rabbit, dragging trash behind you in a string of unlooted bodies, you're somehow doing it wrong. Fuck that. Every time I tank and mention a normal, slower pace I'm either kicked or the dps and healer just go ahead and start pulling everything in sight and screaming about how I suck because I'm not following suit. Fuck that.
    Yeah, this. It's amazing how many people are so fabulously wealthy that looting mobs is beneath them. They want to go so fast they take all my enjoyment out of the run.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    People bring up some good points about tanking, but I wanted to add:
    The rewards for tanking are endless.

You share gear with one other person, you gear extremely quickly, if you're doing M+, you share gear with no one basically. Yes, you need to have knowledge of the dungeons, but once you know them, you can basically "relax" through the mechanics. You don't have to fear death at all, if you die it's because you don't know how to tank or are under-geared, not because of a mechanics fail. Quick queues. You also have something I call "tank lee way", where people are more likely to pass up screening you if they've been waiting in queue for a while, especially if your ilvl is absurdly high.

Those are just game-based rewards.
    Outside of the game people desire your presence. Often times you're messaged and pestered and summoned to a raid the moment you log in. People actually appreciate when you're skilled at your role, they don't try to compete with you, unlike DPS and healing where people stare intensely at throughput meter (healers competing on heals is healthy, but it's utterly silly) You actually feel needed, like someone said earlier, your attendance has to be good if you're the main tank because coordinating with pug tanks is a pain in the azz. Tanking also promotes confidence, you can't be timid and tank, people will notice instantly and it will make the group irritable.

TL;DR: You can't be timid and tank and the rewards can be endless when you're a confident, skilled tank.

Because then i have to learn how to play really well. I'm past that. just sit back and dps or heal and have no concerns.

Deleted
    Because i am a very competitive person and tanking caters to that the least of the 3 roles

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Because then i have to learn how to play really well. I'm past that. just sit back and dps or heal and have no concerns.
    Ironically, the hardest thing about being a tank is knowing the tactics. Once you got those down, tank is even easier to play than the dps. As tank you don't even need to follow a rotation, and boss mechanics are always fewer for tanks than for dps and healers.

The hardest role is Healer.

I like stabbing stuff, and being able to always make people go "should i -really- kill that rogue?, will it be worth him corpse camping me for 40 minutes after?"