Thread: Coming back?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Coming back?

Got a wow card for christmas but not sure if im going to come back, last time i played was when broken isle launched. Anything change or is ap still a bitch?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It's easier to get now thanks to ak 55 or whatever it is. Completely honest here: if you do not miss playing and have a desire to come back, I wouldn't bother. There is nothing great going on, and Antorus is probably going to last another year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I resubbed on Dec 16th just to finally go and get that stupid Merrymaker title after procrastinating for who knows how many years. I've been doing some M+ on the side kind of casually as well -- only did the two wings of Antorus LFR because I'm not bothered to fill my head with more information about silly raid mechanics when it's not content that I enjoy.

But yeah, just basically trying to do some M+ for my weekly chests for some post-Christmas presents. I'm trying to play kind of casually while having fun without getting completely sucked into the game again. It's been fun. I'm not sure if I'll renew my subscription when it expires though.

So, to answer your question: if you feel like coming back just sub for a month and see for yourself. It's what I did.

Deleted
    Welcome back mate, good to you see you again

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a very boring experience now. There is literally nothing to do beside Antorus raid, WQs in Argus and mythic + which I gave up long time ago because you do the same dungeons again and again and again with the same mobs, same interrupts, same aoe grind with selective targeting and finishing depending on suffixes etc. It might charm you for couple weeks but you will reach the point of boredom for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    WoW is a very boring experience now. There is literally nothing to do beside Antorus raid, WQs in Argus and mythic + which I gave up long time ago because you do the same dungeons again and again and again with the same mobs, same interrupts, same aoe grind with selective targeting and finishing depending on suffixes etc. It might charm you for couple weeks but you will reach the point of boredom for sure.
    Was going to return it and put it towards MH World
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance. No flying. No subbing.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Got a wow card for christmas but not sure if im going to come back, last time i played was when broken isle launched. Anything change or is ap still a bitch?
    That was just couple of months ago. Literally nothing major has changed. It's still the same fucking grind.
    Nothing will change until BfA is out. Save your card.

I'd suggest you wait for 7.3.5, which will bring Silithus update and potentially allied races.

"best" time would be during the pre-8.0 patch. They'll have some sort of promotions I'm sure. Maybe something similar to scroll of resurrection or whatever. Subscribing now means almost 1 year of Antorus raid and the same mythic dungeons since release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Not a chance. No flying. No subbing.
    Good. We won't miss you. Whiners...

Argus is pretty nice and I do like the new raid. I think it's worth it to see what happens at the end that leads into the next expansion. AP is still a bitch.

It's been a really filling expansion content-wise, I'm still enjoying leveling up new alts to see their order hall/profession quests/newly updated "class fantasy" centered gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Wait till a month or two before the next expac comes out, they'll put in more catchups and everything will be easier. Plus wow tokens will be super cheap deep into the year+ content drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

We don't want you back tbh

Deleted
    Don't bother. The game is quite boring at the moment. If you are not returning to raiding then don't return at all.

My weapon is 75 and I don't do any ap grind anymore. I do one mythic+ per week to get the 960 item.

I only play the game because I like the people in my raid group and the new raid is pretty cool.

Use the money on something else than this patheric grind fest.

I would wait to see what the next patch has to offer or save it for the start of the next expansion.

1.AP still a bitch
    2.Dead end at 110, as the gear you get from Argus + 2 legendaries, will not get you the 940 required for pug Antorus normal, so you're fucking stuck unless you millions of gold for a few 950+ items from the AH to get to 940
    Last edited by Bronan; 2017-12-26 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Nothing will change when BfA is out.
    Most likely true, but there will be "new" stuff to do for a month or so.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is still fun for plenty of people. Just depends on if you are that person.

I've hit 110 with 3 different characters in the last couple months. All of them have at least AK 72. All are Ilvl ready to get into organised Raiding, my main one is geared enough for Heroic Antorus and High lvl M+'s. AP comes from everything and in large amounts so just playing the game gets you all you need.

It's the last Major pack of the Expac with a couple more patches left to come before BFA. Just play it.

Basically anyone at this point in legion saying AP is grindy or Legendaries are hard to get is either Stupid or straight up Handicapped
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-12-26 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    2.Dead end at 110, as the gear you get from Argus + 2 legendaries, will not get you the 940 required for pug Antorus normal, so you're fucking stuck unless you millions of gold for a few 950+ items from the AH to get to 940
    Except the fact mythic+ hands out uncapped amount of 940 gear. If you're willing to play the game, there is gear out there. Get your m+ key and recycle it endlessly (it never depletes). If you don't have time, motivation or are a sworn solo-only player, then yeah, of course, MMO experience will be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Plus wow tokens will be super cheap deep into the year+ content drought.
    Wouldn't count on that. Tokens sellers are casuals who buy gold when a new patch is out and they want to buy new goodies (mounts, boes, boosts). Token buyers are either gold farmers, AH players, or boost sellers. Content drought means die hard fans and hardcore grinders / AH players stay, top end raiders who are most common boost sellers stay, while casuals unsub. So the token supply might dwindle while demand might not.