Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    So is discussing moderation, but don't let that stop you from derailing this thread with off topic posting (which is also against the rules).
    Discussing moderation that has occurred is against the rules, since the event only matters between the mod that performed the action and the user affected. Discussing moderation in general is not. If a user is fed up with certain types of threads, especially ones like yours that don't belong in this forum, they have every right to complain in a reply.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    so if I get banned for making a "I WANT *insert thing here* IN VANILLA" thread, then say "I GOT BANNED FOR MAKING A 'I WANT *insert thing here* IN VANILLA' THREAD" I'll get banned again.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

While it's an objectively better system in every conceivable way and there was no "social benefit" to fighting over loot and dealing with ninja looters it just wasn't how the game was designed back then. I think that things that aren't game-breakingly bad need to stay in to help us appreciate not having to deal with them anymore in the base game in a "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" sort of way. I've only ever advocated for changes to things in vanilla that made me well and truly miserable, not this, which was just mundanely bad game design that we put up with and worked around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was less ninjalooting in classic, if u were outed in trade/general/forums that u were a ninjalooting cunt u would have MAJOR troubles getting into any decent group (or guild even), i hope it stays like this for classic servers, also makes it a bigger incentive to do less pugging and more guild/close group of friends oriented stuff
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

"And another one!"

So, we already had most non-vanilla features already suggested, what's missing? Probably flying and raid icons\markers?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    ion "its ok guys we know that vanilla means vanilla we just dont know at what point in the lifecycle we want to start in"
    If you mean THIS interview (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201749024)

Then I would like to point out the following:

Josh Allan (CM): "We're not talking about WOW classic today. That's just because we just don't have answers for pretty much anything at this point"
    Ion Hazzikostas: "Yeah... <snip> we look forward to awesome discussion/conversation with the community about what classic means to you <snip> we understand that vanilla means vanilla its about community that means some of the inconveniences that means some of the rough edges. Thats not something we're looking to move away from. Its more some of the questions, which version the 2005 or 2006 version..."

Emphasis above to indicate
    1) There are no answers yet. It is very very fresh. They are looking to the community to explain what exactly classic means.
    2) 'Some' may be intentional or unintentional but if we take it as he said it, then there is the likelihood that there will not be 100% like for like.

Blizzard will listen to the community to get a picture for what classic feels/means. LFR/LFD will NOT go through, given the near universal hate for it. There are clear arguments and logic behind why it kills the community vanilla feel.

That does not extend to every inconvenience

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    "Its more some of the questions, which version the 2005 or 2006 version..."
    You bolded what you thought was important, and ignored this part? This clearly means that the discussion is between what point of vanilla to start on in regards to patch.

But yea, keep making it seem they'll add new stuff in.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You bolded what you thought was important, and ignored this part? This clearly means that the discussion is between what point of vanilla to start on in regards to patch.

But yea, keep making it seem they'll add new stuff in.
    That's just one of the questions of many. It does not mean it is the only question.

I'm not trying to make anything seem like anything. I'm providing direct quotes about what they've said to counter the definitive views some people have.

Maybe it will be piece for piece 100% the same.
    Maybe it won't
    It's not a done deal and discussion about it is not only good but asked for.

This discussion is fine, the answer is a resounding no and some have decided to contribute constructive and clear reasons why not. This helps. Answering "If it's not in vanilla then it shouldn't be in it" also helps. Both have a place in a discussion.

Source? Think you're drawing too much of a conclusion from a quote. Yes there wont be LFG or Transmog but some QoL changes may happen like multi-corpse loot. Still plenty of stuff TBC
    https://youtu.be/1r7AFMw2fAk?t=88

There you go. Listen to that for like the minute from the time I posted. Vanilla means Vanilla. Only things that happened DURING VANILLA will be in Classic.

Listen & Weep. This discussion is over.

Classic is where you go to play vanilla wow.
    Retail is where you go to play QOL Improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, that was not part of vanilla and has no place on the classic servers.
    Nether was i7/GTX 1080 PC's running Windows 10, Are you going to play classic on a Pentium III PC running windows xp?

Ontopic: Sure would love to have it so we don't have to deal with ninja looters.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Source? Think you're drawing too much of a conclusion from a quote. Yes there wont be LFG or Transmog but some QoL changes may happen like multi-corpse loot. Still plenty of stuff TBC
    Lol link you're own source you keep pulling random gibberish out ya ass and I'm not just talking about the quoted post, but yet you talk like it's happening, news flash no one knows shit, it's entirely speculative blizzard has told us nothing but that they are going to do it.

you know nothing and no one has said shit about a friends list update bnet integration or AOE looting
    Last edited by Mulled; 2017-12-26 at 07:59 AM.

No changes.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post

There you go. Listen to that for like the minute from the time I posted. Vanilla means Vanilla. Only things that happened DURING VANILLA will be in Classic.

Listen & Weep. This discussion is over.
    Thanks for the quote. My response was earlier

If you mean THIS interview (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201749024)

Then I would like to point out the following:

Josh Allan (CM): "We're not talking about WOW classic today. That's just because we just don't have answers for pretty much anything at this point"
    Ion Hazzikostas: "Yeah... <snip> we look forward to awesome discussion/conversation with the community about what classic means to you <snip> we understand that vanilla means vanilla its about community that means some of the inconveniences that means some of the rough edges. Thats not something we're looking to move away from. Its more some of the questions, which version the 2005 or 2006 version..."

Emphasis above to indicate
    1) There are no answers yet. It is very very fresh. They are looking to the community to explain what exactly classic means.
    2) 'Some' may be intentional or unintentional but if we take it as he said it, then there is the likelihood that there will not be 100% like for like.

Blizzard will listen to the community to get a picture for what classic feels/means. LFR/LFD will NOT go through, given the near universal hate for it. There are clear arguments and logic behind why it kills the community vanilla feel.

That does not extend to every inconvenience
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    Lol link you're own source you keep pulling random gibberish out ya ass and I'm not just talking about the quoted post, but yet you talk like it's happening, news flash no one knows shit, it's entirely speculative blizzard has told us nothing but that they are going to do it.

you know nothing and no one has said shit about a friends list update bnet integration or AOE looting
    Ok fair point about the bnet integration. Felt certain i'd heard it mentioned as one of the things they were working through but I can't source the quote so apologies if this has triggered you.

Comments about AOE looting was an example of what types of changes would make the game a little easier without impacting the old tenants of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the Paladin loot on Horde and Shaman loot on Alliance happened after 2.0 IIRC
    Wasn't 2.0 when the classes were all available to both sides?

OT: I really enjoy the posts where people are super outraged that someone is suggesting a change, but then qualify that with "but this change definitely needs to be made, that one's allowed."

Personally I'm a panda baby, so I'm not super invested in how precise a recreation it is. Some QoL stuff might be nice, and it's not uncommon in remakes to see a couple of QoL features added to improve the experience. The Zelda remasters for 3DS in particular come to mind, throwing in some things like touch screen quick links to change gear, though of course that's partly due to a change in console.

That all said, I'm aware that my opinion holds less weight by virtue of being a panda baby. Vanilla isn't being remade for me, it's primarily for the players who miss it, players who don't like some of the changes made to the modern game. From that perspective, I think it should probably be as precise a recreation as possible, and changes like personal loot are the subject of a lot of controversy. Plenty of players just don't like it as a system, and I get the impression that it's that sort of player who wants vanilla back.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Wasn't 2.0 when the classes were all available to both sides?

OT: I really enjoy the posts where people are super outraged that someone is suggesting a change, but then qualify that with "but this change definitely needs to be made, that one's allowed."

Personally I'm a panda baby, so I'm not super invested in how precise a recreation it is. Some QoL stuff might be nice, and it's not uncommon in remakes to see a couple of QoL features added to improve the experience. The Zelda remasters for 3DS in particular come to mind, throwing in some things like touch screen quick links to change gear, though of course that's partly due to a change in console.

That all said, I'm aware that my opinion holds less weight by virtue of being a panda baby.
    Vanilla isn't being remade for me, it's primarily for the players who miss it, players who don't like some of the changes made to the modern game. From that perspective, I think it should probably be as precise a recreation as possible, and changes like personal loot are the subject of a lot of controversy. Plenty of players just don't like it as a system, and I get the impression that it's that sort of player who wants vanilla back.
    Your opinion shouldn't be held any less than those of us who started in Vanilla (was 2005 myself) but you'll struggle to understand what the 'classic community feel' is given you've not experienced it.

Your post shows you've got a good awareness of it so please don't hesitate to contribute your views.

Your opinion shouldn't be held any less than those of us who started in Vanilla (was 2005 myself) but you'll struggle to understand what the 'classic community feel' is given you've not experienced it.

Your post shows you've got a good awareness of it so please don't hesitate to contribute your views.
    My point is simply that it's not for me. I've got retail which I enjoy, classic advocates no longer have the game that they enjoy. It's for them, make the game that they want to play. If others enjoy it, great.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    My point is simply that it's not for me. I've got retail which I enjoy, classic advocates no longer have the game that they enjoy. It's for them, make the game that they want to play. If others enjoy it, great.
    While Noble, the issue with that is Classic (not called Vanilla for a reason) won't be a success if they stick too much to the original version of the game. Except purist, no one will play it, and since they are the minority (tough quite vocal), Classic will use money they could use on retail, especially if Classic shares subs with retail.

And possibly some other changes - they aren't sure and/or they haven't decided.

That is what Ion says.

Listen & Weep.
    As this discussion isn't over, and will continue into 2019. That is also literally what Ion says - i.e. that they will listen to feedback.

Why not add bonus roll tokens while you're at it too. Or even world quests!