Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    2. Personal loot isn't problem free. You can't trade an item from personal loot if it's your highest ilvl item, and because of this, you get so many useless shit items you can't trade because you opted into using personal loot. This system is fundamentally flawed because trading is apart of the game, and they lock you out from doing that in such scenarios.
    Not in any serious scenario in legion since the items have lower ilvl than legendaries.
    PL is just an option - you can switch to ML, Group-Loot or the smarter Group-Loot that no-one uses, if you desire (I don't think that Round-Robin makes sense for you).

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    While Noble, the issue with that is Classic (not called Vanilla for a reason) won't be a success if they stick too much to the original version of the game. Except purist, no one will play it, and since they are the minority (tough quite vocal), Classic will use money they could use on retail, especially if Classic shares subs with retail.
    This assumes of course that the game is static. Maybe after playing the community will overwhelmingly want some changes? Hotfixes are still possible.
    Ion's comments indicate that they seem to want to make the game for that minority too. Making accomodations for other players will likely result in a product that satisfies neither, potentially making it less successful than if they made a straight replica.
    Also worth considering that their expectations for a "success" might be very different than retail. If they allocate resources effectively (admittedly unlikely) then it's possible Classic won't need that much work to build, and certainly not much keep it running, and hence a far smaller playerbase would make it successful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Would you like to see personal loot as the default option in classic? Personal loot brings with it a lot of benefits which would only make the community stronger.
    Personal Loot has advantages in many scenarios in Legion, but Personal Loot requires Loot, and Vanilla didn't have much of that.

If a 40-man raid boss drops 2 pieces of loot that would mean that each raider got about 1/20 chance of loot in a 40-man raid, and that in turns gives a 1 in 8 chance of no-one in the raid getting any loot and 1 in 4 chance of only one piece (unless they increase the chances as they did in WoD; but if PL gives more loot and you can trade it, then PL becomes mandatory). That would really annoy people - a lot, especially without any way of getting extra chances.

If Blizzard want to avoid excessive ninjaing I would more assume that the ML-change in Legion was implemented: i.e. the change to guild master-loot, but I am not suggesting that.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Personal loot kills all dkp and other systems that were big part of vanilla-bc experience. I love dramas about dkp and loot.

Would you like to see personal loot as the default option in classic? Personal loot brings with it a lot of benefits which would only make the community stronger. I think it would be a great quality of life improvement to the game.
    Only if it comes paired with dual spec and transmog.

I don't really see how it is possible to make personal loot in vanilla, lot of classes need different gear for different specs, how will you distribute gear properly? Or the gearing will take ages if all the loot table can be droped for 1 player... totally a waste.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, nothing have to be done with possibility of ninja-looting if faction change and name change would not be available. Keep in mind, its not cross server, reputation was a big thing. Yes, if you are raid leader and you need some really cool epic you have possibility to ninja it, but on the other hand, you will ruin your reputation, 99% there will be kinda *black list of players* on your server forum, and no one will invite you to guild, or go with you in pug. Does it worth it? Will it happen? How big is risk to ruin your character? It is interesting decision. We, community, have enough possibilities to punish ninja looters by ourselves, by banishing them from any worthy gameplay on our servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Also, nothing have to be done with possibility of ninja-looting if faction change and name change would not be available. Keep in mind, its not cross server, reputation was a big thing.
    That's a myth. The only people that will remember you, and that's not for a very long time, are those you have ninja looted. If there are thousands of people on the server, you can pretty much ninja loot forever...

Also, nothing have to be done with possibility of ninja-looting if faction change and name change would not be available. Keep in mind, its not cross server, reputation was a big thing.
    This is such a load of shit, No reputation was not a big thing at any point in WoW. Unless your server pop was extremely small the Ninja looter would be forgotten about within a group weeks easy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The only modern loot feature they should add to classic wow should be the "you can trade this item for 2 hours" clause.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is such a load of shit, No reputation was not a big thing at any point in WoW. Unless your server pop was extremely small the Ninja looter would be forgotten about within a group weeks easy.
    It was. I played on warsong eu, the population on the server was freaking high, and each time someone ninja looted people started to spam in trade chat about it for a few hours, then someone added guy on black list on forum, and thats it. Every GOOD guild is checking in vanilla who they are inviting, checking those lists etc. Ofcourse you can go in some really shitty guild that dont care. But you will never be accepted in guild that allows you to run aq40+. Thats a punishment. And dont talk like you know more than me. I played classic too, and i ninja looted majordomo's chest (not proud of it, i was like 11 y.o kid). Character was ruined until they added free transfer to snotemaul eu and molten core eu where i changed my nickname. Reputation was a big thing.

It was. I played on warsong eu, the population on the server was freaking high, and each time someone ninja looted people started to spam in trade chat about it for a few hours, then someone added guy on black list on forum, and thats it. Every GOOD guild is checking in vanilla who they are inviting, checking those lists etc. Ofcourse you can go in some really shitty guild that dont care. But you will never be accepted in guild that allows you to run aq40+. Thats a punishment. And dont talk like you know more than me. I played classic too, and i ninja looted majordomo's chest (not proud of it, i was like 11 y.o kid). Character was ruined until they added free transfer to snotemaul eu and molten core eu where i changed my nickname. Reputation was a big thing.
    That kind of stuff never happened on my server, and it was the biggest one in France at the time (Archimonde), and I am pretty sure it won't happen in Classic as well.

Would you like to see personal loot as the default option in classic? Personal loot brings with it a lot of benefits which would only make the community stronger. I think it would be a great quality of life improvement to the game.
    How on earth would personal loot make the community stronger? If anything, personal loot reduces the need to communicate with fellow players and weakens that part of the MMO experience. But you think we'd get a stronger community. How?

no /thread

yup, anyone who says reputation was not a big thing in vanilla never played vanilla seriously, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The OP made a suggestion that they personally want to see. You got triggered because you're pathetic and called for him to be permbanned.
    He didn't mention anything about a permaban, that's something you made up.

Also, random insulting like you just did is also against the rules on MMO champion. No need to be hostile.

No, having to talk about who gets what is important. Personal loot is just one more feature, that turns other players into "those bots, that heal me, while I farm my loot".
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    He didn't mention anything about a permaban, that's something you made up.

Also, random insulting like you just did is also against the rules on MMO champion. No need to be hostile.
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    can we just permaban people that make these "it would be a great QOL improvement" posts already?

Saying its QOL improvement is trolling, which is against the MMO-C Rules.
    Toodles.

/10char

Real Vanilla or no Vanilla at all.

People are incredibly stupid. They truly don't know what they want. If you start adding all this cool stuff from retail to Classic, what's the point in having Classic servers anyway? What do you expect from it? What do you actually really want? Other than going back in time and feeling like a carefree 14 year old. Just raid Molten Core on today's client?

It's time to face the reality that Classic will never be 100% identical to how it was in 2004. So we should instead discuss how we can make Classic the best it can be. And I think personal loot is one way to achieve that.
    Why not? If Blizzard wants to save a piece of gaming history in the way of a calssic server then it needs to be just as vanilla was.
    Also, lets face the facts here: They asked what patch players wanted not what extra features to add.

Classic needs to be just as vanilla was or it's just pointless and you might as well play retail. Now stop trolling and do something with your life.