Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ny'alotha =/= N'Zoth's prison

Ny'alotha being N'Zoth's prison is player head-canon and not confirmed in any way, shape, or form to be a Titan-made prison for the Old God. Why when Il'gynoth is dying would he mention...
    "N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha..."
    ...if he's simply going to a Titan prison and not some Void-related afterlife akin to hell?

Xal'atath mentions in Stormheim...
    "Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples."
    If she's comparing Black Empire/Old God/Void Lord structures to Titan structures, why would Ny'alotha be a Titan prison facility?

The Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl (Y'Shaarj whispers) mention Ny'alotha as well, so why wouldn't they mention their own respective prisons in Ahn'Qiraj, Ulduar, and the Vault of Y'Shaarj instead of N'Zoth's?
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

C'thun's Prison: Black Empire made, with little to no Titanic Influence.

Yogg'saron's Prison: An Actual Titanforged City (THE ONLY PRISON WE KNOW MADE OF 100% TITAN INFLUENCE).

Y'sharrj's Heart's Prison: A Blueish Are with 50% Titan Influence.

So, if we're smart here, then Ny'alotha would be an All Blueish Oceanic Prison with some Purple Influence, and some Titanic Influence.

:/

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a bit obvious they are not the same thing, like, come on

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Ny'alotha is probably some sort of important Black Empire city. Maybe the last, hidden one, from where the cultists summon the Faceless from.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

Yogg'saron's Prison: An Actual Titanforged City (THE ONLY PRISON WE KNOW MADE OF 100% TITAN INFLUENCE).

All titan prisions were titan-made. Ahn'qiraj is repurposed by the insectoids, but it's origins are still titanic. It's related to all the titan junk in Uldum.

What if Ny'alotha isn't even ON Azeroth? What if it's some kind of shadow-realm? Like Argus, but for the Void.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

So, if we're smart here, then Ny'alotha would be an All Blueish Oceanic Prison with some Purple Influence, and some Titanic Influence.

Why would the Black Empire imprison their own Old God? To mimic what the Titans were doing? That doesn't make sense. The Black Empire didn't build the Egyptian-esque structures in Ahn'Qiraj, the Titans did.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ahn%27Qiraj

"Ahn'Qiraj was constructed by the titan-forged during the ordering of Azeroth and watched over by the Highkeeper Ra, acting as both a city for the titan-forged and prison for C'Thun, similar to Ulduar. The tol'vir and anubisath sentinels were created to maintain titan lore repositories and titan machinery surrounding the titan city of Uldum and Ahn'Qiraj. Eventually, the Highkeeper Ra learned of his masters' fates and abandoned all hope, secluding himself in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. C'Thun's influence began spreading to the tol'vir and anubisath at Ahn'Qiraj, eventually driving them insane. Thousands of years later, after the troll empires divided the insectoid kingdom of the aqir, the aqir that traveled southwest ransacked the titan city and renamed themselves the qiraji. The qiraji spent the next thousands of years within the city of Ahn'Qiraj in hibernation, hiding from the trolls and quietly growing in number."
    Chronicle verifies all of this.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Why would the Black Empire imprison their own Old God? To mimic what the Titans were doing? That doesn't make sense. The Black Empire didn't build the Egyptian-esque structures in Ahn'Qiraj, the Titans did.
    Some of the earliest Old God lore, dating back to WC3 I think, mentioned that the Titans shattered the Old Gods 'citadels' and chained them (the OGs) beneath the earth. Based on this some folk came to believe that Ahn'Qiraj was one such Old God citadel and it was re-purposed into a prison by the Titans to hold C'Thun's body, hence C'Thun's presence there. That notion has lingered for a long while.

15+ Year Old Account

Some of the most bizarre head-canon I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Some of the most bizarre head-canon I've ever seen
    I know fuck all about the Old Gods, okay? D:

All I know about them is that they're big, they're scary, they whisper alot, and they're killable. If I can kill them, then that's all there is too it.

I don't see how Ny'alotha could be a prison, judging by the way its mentioned here and there.

Sounds more like a sacred place for the Old Gods, or Heaven but a twisted and dark one that's hidden away somewhere in the Void.

Either way, hoping we'll see it soon. :P

Deleted
    Old gods exist outside the circle of life and death. As long as they are not forgotten or they can influence the susceptible minds they can be resurfaced. That's why Nyalotha is not a place of death but a city of sleep where old god related creatures lay dormant till they return. Not an actual place but another plane.
    My head canon.

Uh no. The excavated area where Y'shaarj's heart was found was 100% Titan; just Mogu-Titan, not Ironforged-Titan.

I believe Nyalotha is actually a city/place within the Shadowlands. Or whatever realm tge Void lords are inhabiting.
    It always sounded to me like a place from which the Old Gods originated, and a blueprint of what the Void lords intend for our reality...

Madness will consume you!!!

C'thun wasn't imprisoned because the Keeper who fought him died and the Old God hide himself into Silithus sands. The Keepers sealed Ahn'Quiraj and some Titanic watchers staid in the temple to watch over the Quiraji.

Yogg'Saron was defeated and his city was burried under Northrend's surface. Keepers imprisoned Yogg'Saron in Ulduar.

Y'shaarj was killed and his city completely destroyed.

N'Zoth was defeated and his prison burried deep down under Azeroth's surface. But no one knows what happened to his city, Ny'alotha.

I personally think that the city stands in two different planes, the physical plane (Azeroth) and the Shadowlands.

The physical part of the city might have been burried with N'Zoth during the scouring and somehow will resurface in 8.3, but the raid will take place in the Shadowlands plane.

I still believe Ny'alotha will turn out to be Zin'aszhari.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Ny'alotha being N'Zoth's prison is player head-canon and not confirmed in any way, shape, or form to be a Titan-made prison for the Old God.
    So, just out of curiosity, what makes you think his prison ISN'T under Ny'alotha, just like C'Thun's prison is Ahn'Qiraj, which isn't a titanic facility either? (probably maimed the spelling)
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

*When the stars are right, we will know* ;-)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I believe Nyalotha is actually a city/place within the Shadowlands. Or whatever realm tge Void lords are inhabiting.
    It always sounded to me like a place from which the Old Gods originated, and a blueprint of what the Void lords intend for our reality...
    Shadowlands isn't anything to do with the Void. Shadowlands is the realm of the dead, parallel to Azeroth like the Emerald Dream is. It's where many mortal spirits go when they die.
    The Void Lords and Old Gods originate from the Void, which is an entirely different plane of reality.

OT I didn't realise this was a thing that people thought. Nya'lotha has always sounded to me like Old God territory, not a prison.

Always thought that Ny'alotha is basically R'lyeh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Shadowlands isn't anything to do with the Void. Shadowlands is the realm of the dead, parallel to Azeroth like the Emerald Dream is. It's where many mortal spirits go when they die.
    The Void Lords and Old Gods originate from the Void, which is an entirely different plane of reality.

OT I didn't realise this was a thing that people thought. Nya'lotha has always sounded to me like Old God territory, not a prison.
    All these planes... It's getting out of hand