Deleted
    decided to practice hanzo:

too bad it didn't show my sonar arrow and then scatter to widows direction that killed widow and another player, people said i cheated even if my aim is bad on him

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    These days, I'm almost exclusively playing Arcade's "Mystery Heroes" mode. it kinda forces me to try and play heroes i'm not used to, and allows me to realize I'm not as terrible as I thought I'd be with some of them.

What's you guys' opinion on this mode ?
    I'm pretty late to this, but no one ever answered.

I hate mystery heroes with a burning passion.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting placed against 2 Orisas, 2 Bastions, 2 Mercys, while your team keeps getting Widowmaker/Torb/Sombra.

And then when you finally happen to pick someone off, the Mercy's just revive them.

It just makes me so frustrated to deal with, but it's the only mode my girlfriend wants to play when doing Arcade...

Personally I'd pick FFA any day of the week over Mystery Heroes, it's where I've been practicing Doomfist/McCree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm pretty late to this, but no one ever answered.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting placed against 2 Orisas, 2 Bastions, 2 Mercys, while your team keeps getting Widowmaker/Torb/Sombra.

And then when you finally happen to pick someone off, the Mercy's just revive them.

It just makes me so frustrated to deal with, but it's the only mode my girlfriend wants to play when doing Arcade...

Personally I'd pick FFA any day of the week over Mystery Heroes, it's where I've been practicing Doomfist/McCree.
    Well, I can understand it can be frustrating, especially when you're facing this kind of combo, but hey, when YOU get this kind of combo...
    But it also helps you not to "panic" and think fast.

Well, I like this mode, and I think FFA can be redundant, because people always pick the "flavor of the month" heroes in these, while this can't happen in MH.

Well, I can understand it can be frustrating, especially when you're facing this kind of combo, but hey, when YOU get this kind of combo...
    But it also helps you not to "panic" and think fast.

Well, I like this mode, and I think FFA can be redundant, because people always pick the "flavor of the month" heroes in these, while this can't happen in MH.
    It's true, FFA also has the frustration of dealing with Pharahs/Junkrats/ Sym sitting in her microwave.

At least at that point though I can swap to Widowmaker to get the Pharah, and so on.

Mystery Heroes is slowly just turning into a mode that's going to make me drink before playing. And to be fair, Mystery Heroes becomes more decent when you're playing with friends, and you can suggest to the person who happened to get Mei "Hey, prioritize your own survival so you can get ult, and then we'll push in" and they'll listen

Deleted
    It's true, FFA also has the frustration of dealing with Pharahs/Junkrats/ Sym sitting in her microwave.

At least at that point though I can swap to Widowmaker to get the Pharah, and so on.

Mystery Heroes is slowly just turning into a mode that's going to make me drink before playing. And to be fair, Mystery Heroes becomes more decent when you're playing with friends, and you can suggest to the person who happened to get Mei "Hey, prioritize your own survival so you can get ult, and then we'll push in" and they'll listen
    I'm a pharah main and don't have a headset to play with... I feel insulted

Jokes aside MH is indeed very good to learn team versatility and communication too.
    I also love 1V1 mode, especially the "mystery" mode. I guess I like RNG in this game overall

I'm a pharah main and don't have a headset to play with... I feel insulted

Jokes aside MH is indeed very good to learn team versatility and communication too.
    I also love 1V1 mode, especially the "mystery" mode. I guess I like RNG in this game overall
    WELL I FEEL VERY ANGRY TO TALK TO A PHARAH MAIN!

I just dislike when people are trying to fight each other, and Pharah comes flying in and kills both with splash damage from rockets. It takes away a bit of the fun in FFA in my opinion.

Deleted
    Yeah, I rekon that's kind of a dick move indeed
    But I'm an "old young man", nearing 40, and I learned FPS by playing Doom, Duke Nukem and Unreal Tournament 99. I love my rocket launcher and my splash damage. It's the most efficient for my playstyle anyway.
    But I also put chivalry above many things. If I see two people clearly engaged in a duel, I'll generaly let them be if it doesn't hurt the mission, just for pride's sake, even if it sometimes comes back biting me in the butt when the enemy wins the duel
    It's the way things are for me anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Is there some great aversion to Mercy now?
    Yeah, a lot of players were forced to pick her, she's not that fun to play, and now that she's gotten
    her nerfs and Moira's out, who IS fun to play, people don't want to play Mercy anymore.

Its probably my 2nd favorite mode outside of the pve events, which they REALLY need to make
    more of.

I think the only thing I dislike was the change they made, that suiciding doesn't make you change
    a character. It was a stupid and unnecessary change.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Its probably my 2nd favorite mode outside of the pve events, which they REALLY need to make
    more of.

I think the only thing I dislike was the change they made, that suiciding doesn't make you change
    It's also just exploited by Pharahs, and any character who can quickly kill themselves (Tracer in particular).

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yeah, a lot of players were forced to pick her, she's not that fun to play, and now that she's gotten
    her nerfs and Moira's out, who IS fun to play, people don't want to play Mercy anymore.

more of.

I'd tend to agree, but most people picking Moira treat her as a straight damage dealer. Much like how Ana was by a lot of lower ranks. Moira is a great character, but you have to know when you can heal and when to damage, and most players Plat and below don't know when that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Never launched a Rein as Junkrat into one of my teammates before. Seen it so many times on WTF plays, but today was the first time I've ever done it. Rein slams, starts charge into our Rein, I grenade, Mercy gets pinned on the roof. Pretty damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post

too bad it didn't show my sonar arrow and then scatter to widows direction that killed widow and another player, people said i cheated even if my aim is bad on him
    Everyone assumes that everytime they are hit with an arrow it is because the Hanzo is flawless and cheating, they can't hear arrows missing and your shots don't leave red trails in the air like most guns. All they hear is thunk thunk of hits. If a Hanzo farts in the woods and no one is around to hear it does that stop Hanzo from purposely smelling it?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I dislike Mystery Heroes because I mostly get heroes I never play; like Zarya and Winston.

Meh. I recommend taking Moira and mostly focusing on dealing damage if you're one of the delusional people here that think you belong in a higher tier than you're currently in. Easy to get silver or gold damage while still healing a lot. She is really fun in QP too. A lot of the time I get gold in both healing and damage even if there is another healer in the team :P

You can enjoy a hero and be terrible at them.
    I love Hanzo (just the archery theme is awesome) plus Genji (f'ing NINJA), and Mei (Mei is Bae!). I'm terrible at all 3 of them. Granted I wouldn't pick them for competitive as there are other heroes I enjoy, but that doesn't mean others share that same mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the mentality that makes me think a huge nerf is coming her way. I'm not saying your wrong, but the fact she can do so much damage and wreak havoc on lower players usually means adjustments.
    Both of his other most played heroes were available and we won the first round on defence with him playing roadhog then all the susden he goes hanzo and they full hold point a because he literally got zero kills, i consider picking a hero you know you are objectively bad at throwing, and i believe his intent was to lose it looks like hes deranking, and he was "soft " throwing by trying half the round to trick the algorithm to avoid being banned, and i doubt blizzard manually looks at reports so i guess he gets what he wants.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2017-12-27 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post

Nice shooting, can I ask, how did you make your video into a GIF? Any good program/service to convert a saved video to GIF. I am a noob at picture editing but got some nice POTG I would love in gif form
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

This is the mentality that makes me think a huge nerf is coming her way. I'm not saying your wrong, but the fact she can do so much damage and wreak havoc on lower players usually means adjustments.
    Symmetra is also "OP" in low rank play, but she's not getting a nerf. Mercy has always been good in low rank play, even when she wasn't in high rank play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Nice shooting, can I ask, how did you make your video into a GIF? Any good program/service to convert a saved video to GIF. I am a noob at picture editing but got some nice POTG I would love in gif form
    save it and upload it to youtube and then use https://imgur.com/vidgif to make it a gif

10+ Year Old Account
    her damage orb is complete cancer, as if junkrat alone didn't have more than enough braindead spam for this game. i wouldn't mind it if fuckrat wasn't in the game, but i am starting to feel like a rogue in world of warcraft when i play this game now.

That being said, the only change I want to see to Moira is to require as much tracking skill at 0-20m as she does at 21m to hit her primary (increase skill floor without hurting the hero). But pretty sure the only heroes getting nerfed anytime soon are Junkrat and Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Symmetra is also "OP" in low rank play, but she's not getting a nerf. Mercy has always been good in low rank play, even when she wasn't in high rank play.
    Sym isn't OP at low ranks. She's strong, but she's not OP. She's also very easily countered. Moira has very few counters right now, almost zero honestly. The only counters I could think of are Widow, Hanzo, and Hog. She can literally dance around and 1v1 or escape anyone else effectively.
    Sym has plenty of counters, has build up time, shorter range, stationary turrets.
    Mercy has always been a good pick, yes. What has happened since then? She got an unintended buff as they were trying to nerf her. Maybe nerf is the wrong word, but they were trying to change her gameplay to make her require more thought and get away from the "hide then mass Rez gameplay." Then they nerfed her because it turned out too good.
    Moira, however, is a cancer character much in the vein of Doomfist and Ana when they were first released. Those nerfs took a little bit to happen; but they did all the same.

I got a silence for being "abusive" in match chat and the only thing I do that could be construed as abusive is how I paste voice lines from my clip board into match chat every time I kill someone.

"They fall before me, one after another!"
    "The dragon rages within me."
    "The dragon consumes."
    "The dragon hungers."
    "Unworthy."
    "Fucked! By the dragon."
    "Is that the best you can do?"

Clearly it is a faulty reporting system when you can't even say the voice lines that exist in game.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2017-12-27 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Switched to Rainbow Six as my go-to competitive shooter.