Knowing Capcapom and their treatment of pc i expect an early summer release for world.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently the betas up in some time zones and a certain chamaeleon like fucker is lurking around hunting YOU in some instances.

Its gonna be a bad time.

and by that i mean its gonna be a great time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started a lobby and ended up hunting this poison chameleon thing solo while the other 3 guys carted 4 times and could kill Anjanath before the time limit. They were sitting there pinging like crazy for me to help, but I figured that 3 people would be enough considering I soloed a monster I had never seen before with a weapon I never use (HBG).

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Want to play but no hdmi cord lol
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

So one thing people are pointing out is its interesting that this beta can be played with no PS+ subscription this time. FFXIV doesnt require PS+ and Destiny 2 does. Theres talk of 'japanese dev favouritism' but i wonder if getting monhun in japan is such a huge win that Sony will wave off the mandatory PS+ requirement for MHW online because the potential catchment jumping from 3DS to PS4 is that goddamn big.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 month to go

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    1 month to go
    of torture
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    tried out the gunlance a lot on this beta and man does that weapon require a lot of sharpening when you play it right.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    tried out the gunlance a lot on this beta and man does that weapon require a lot of sharpening when you play it right.
    inb4 seregios funlance best funlance.

Ill definitely be picking this up, I just have one concern, I dont really want to get playstation online and want to play solo,

Is the end game satisfactory/possible as solo? Or are all the big bads needing groups to take them out.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ill definitely be picking this up, I just have one concern, I dont really want to get playstation online and want to play solo,

Is the end game satisfactory/possible as solo? Or are all the big bads needing groups to take them out.
    Technically you can do it but the game from the ground up -post freedom unite on PSP mind you- is designed as a 'we have 15 minutes free, want to hunt something together?' game and World is not diverging much from that. The trade off is that unlike something like Destiny is monumentally easy to get into a online room and veterans of monhun wont be like 'fuk u fgt lrn 2 play' if you triple cart on a monster you havent fought before.

So while you can solo everything some stuff is given buffs in hp and defence intended to counter 4 skilled players taking it down in seconds otherwise. So a beginner will eventually reach a wall where certain weapons that are less raw damage and more buffs and debuffs in less skilled hands will not be able to take down certain monsters in the time limit.

As a veteran player myself my advice is stick to the single player story at first until you learn all the basics:
    -Which weapon you like and its moveset
    -How, When and Where to use traps
    -the basic combos to carry a potion, max potion, antidote, barrel bombs, big barrel bombs, honey, shock traps, pitfall traps, cooked meat, raw meat, wetstones and mega pickaxes
    -Take down your first flying monsters

After you have done that you are ready to go online and while being on new consoles maybe bring in some dickheads at first even 4chan has been known for having welcoming monster hunter veterans. Its like a series where those that stick with it no matter their subcultures outside the game all have a very patient mindset and wont shit on your for being new.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Technically you can do it but the game from the ground up -post freedom unite on PSP mind you- is designed as a 'we have 15 minutes free, want to hunt something together?' game and World is not diverging much from that. The trade off is that unlike something like Destiny is monumentally easy to get into a online room and veterans of monhun wont be like 'fuk u fgt lrn 2 play' if you triple cart on a monster you havent fought before.

So while you can solo everything some stuff is given buffs in hp and defence intended to counter 4 skilled players taking it down in seconds otherwise. So a beginner will eventually reach a wall where certain weapons that are less raw damage and more buffs and debuffs in less skilled hands will not be able to take down certain monsters in the time limit.
    So really the meat and cheese of the game is playing with friends hunting together? You dont get those hard out dudes doing a 4man monster and cheesing it tree/wall jumping to avoid attacks or poison stacking and being OP?

The buffer/debuffer/damage stuff makes sense. If its ment to be challenging for 4 people you cant really balance it for one.

So sounds like I can enjoy a single player campaign then really need to get online to get to the meat of the game otherwise you are missing out

You can easily play 40-100h solo offline and have fun but the game will get stale at some point. Monster Hunter games are about farming and doing the same monster/mission quite often to get better gear. Playing with friends improves the game by a lot.

Im not quite sure how offline vs online is in MH World but in MH Tri (wii) you could not do high level content unless you were online. Pretty sure someone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    You can easily play 40-100h solo offline and have fun but the game will get stale at some point. Monster Hunter games are about farming and doing the same monster/mission quite often to get better gear. Playing with friends improves the game by a lot.

Im not quite sure how offline vs online is in MH World but in MH Tri (wii) you could not do high level content unless you were online. Pretty sure someone knows.
    Yeah fair play. Seems a bit similar to dark souls in that regard. Nice challenge solo, but really the longevity of the game comes from fighting others or helping them

So really the meat and cheese of the game is playing with friends hunting together? You dont get those hard out dudes doing a 4man monster and cheesing it tree/wall jumping to avoid attacks or poison stacking and being OP?

The buffer/debuffer/damage stuff makes sense. If its ment to be challenging for 4 people you cant really balance it for one.

So sounds like I can enjoy a single player campaign then really need to get online to get to the meat of the game otherwise you are missing out
    Oh it happens, its designed for multi but the shit some japanese players do is crazy. I wish i could find the legendary video of a hunting horn player doing everything from using bombs to hit themselves through loading screens while eating to save time and using the horn to bug out and flip the monster back in tri before aerials existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah fair play. Seems a bit similar to dark souls in that regard. Nice challenge solo, but really the longevity of the game comes from fighting others or helping them
    i think people expecting dark souls are in for a bad time, its more like ocarina of time meets dragons dogma. but in essence its basically sunbro: the game and thats where the souls comparisons stop.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I NEED MAH BRACHY BACK!

DevilJhojho and BrachyDIO
    My two favorites to farm.

I really hope we get Brachy in this one...I WANNA GET PUNCHED!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    inb4 seregios funlance best funlance.
    Hopefully steve is in world he is one of my favorites.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Hopefully steve is in world he is one of my favorites.
    Newbie reactions will be fun. "Oh hey look at this giant pinecone in this tree WAIT THATS NOT A PINCONE OF GOD WHY IS IT SO MAD"

10+ Year Old Account

As someone who solo'd everything in Freedom Unite and 3 Ultimate, the worst part about going solo is the farming. On some of the monsters like Abyssal Lagiacrus it took me like 30 minutes on my first kill, and since Abyssal Laggy had some amazing gear to craft, I had to kill him over and over for parts and it just became really tedious. Fighting a monster for 30 minutes on your first kill is exhilarating. But doing it again and again gets really old.

It's fine when it's 10-15 minutes though.

But yeah, you can kill everything in the game solo provided that you come prepared. It's just farming that's a bitch. Also when you time out for the first time you'll want to die inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    As someone who solo'd everything in Freedom Unite and 3 Ultimate, the worst part about going solo is the farming. On some of the monsters like Abyssal Lagiacrus it took me like 30 minutes on my first kill, and since Abyssal Laggy had some amazing gear to craft, I had to kill him over and over for parts and it just became really tedious. Fighting a monster for 30 minutes on your first kill is exhilarating. But doing it again and again gets really old.

It's fine when it's 10-15 minutes though.

But yeah, you can kill everything in the game solo provided that you come prepared. It's just farming that's a bitch. Also when you time out for the first time you'll want to die inside.
    Basically this. The reason for this is most of those monsters are only in the multiplayer hub of the game. The game lets you go there Solo, however, but the monsters aren't really balanced around playing solo so they have a lot of health compared to the ones you face during the single player campaigns.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Basically this. The reason for this is most of those monsters are only in the multiplayer hub of the game. The game lets you go there Solo, however, but the monsters aren't really balanced around playing solo so they have a lot of health compared to the ones you face during the single player campaigns.
    It makes me wonder if Generations' 'teaser' fights will come back. Seeing a Dinovaldo/Galvenus who you are supposed to just run from felt so wrong