Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Then have those polls. Wait 6 months into classic and vote then. Anyone with a 60 gets to vote. That way we know your committed to classic
    Would be fun to troll these polls and add flying, LFR and Heirlooms.

You guys really don't see anything wrong with that? With polls? On the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh well, there are already enough ppl who played in Vanilla, want Vanilla and still want changes. Opinions, demands, wishes and alliances are all over the place. By now it feels even more messy than what ppl expect from the current or next x-pac.
    Yeah, this is going nuts. Blizzard should have announced Classic once they had clear what they were going to release

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post

You guys really don't see anything wrong with that? With polls? On the Internet?
    You missed the part of his post where you actually have to have a 60 to vote

the thing is OP.. with one thing changed everyone will start voicing their opinion and wanting to change more stuff.. aka this got changed maybe they will change this too or that too.. and with how blizzard are you can almost expect them to go too far.. well like they did originally..

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You missed the part of his post where you actually have to have a 60 to vote
    You think that would stop people from trolling? Especially if they vote on something that doesn't effect them? Like PvP Changes for a PvE player and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post

You are overblowing troll issues in these polls. There is already one poll about classic and "troll" count is around 5%. In few weeks and months after classic release, most trolls and other people, who don't want Classic to happen now, will just ignore it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    You are overblowing troll issues in these polls. There is already one poll about classic and "troll" count is around 5%. In few weeks and months after classic release, most trolls and other people, who don't want Classic to happen now, will just ignore it altogether.
    And what about people like

"I've leveled to 60 and enjoy the game, I want another class to raid with but the leveling kinda sucks heirlooms would be a really great addition so that I can level faster and enjoy the endgame content more. Same with a LFD tool with Teleport because when I'm in Arathi I should be able to join a group for WC without having to spend 30in to actually get there. Also you don't find groups for WC in Arathi" This is an opinion from someone enjoying the game, just not every part of it. So he wants the other parts changed so he can enjoy what he likes the most more, which is raiding with different classes.

I mean, have your polls all you want. Just don't cry when the majority (trolls or real players) wants something different and that destroys your game experience.

Also don't underestimate the length people go thorugh to see other people cry.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I want Classic!

I want Classic with transmog!

I want Classic with new models!

I want Classic LFG tools!

I want Classic class balances!

I want Classic personal loot!

I want Classic buy to play!

I want Classic free to play!

I want Classic dual spec!

I want Classic with achievements!

I want Classic with all specs being viable!

I want Classic that has mythic+!

I want Classic with world scaling!

I want Classic with heroics!

I want Classic to have rewarding reputations!

I want Classic with AoE looting!

I want Classic 40m raids to be smaller!

Do people really want Classic?
    It depends on your definition of classic. I've seen people who played on vanilla private servers for years advocate for some changes to be added, I've seen people who never played original classic or private servers advocate for things being left as close to the original experience as possible.

There is no consensus among the community.

As such, no matter what blizzard decides to do, some people are going to be disappointed with the end result. Welcome to life.

People need to stop acting like entitled children, wailing that their vision for classic is the right one and everyone else's is stupid and wrong.
    Ily mmoc

There is no consensus among the community.
    Actually, there is.

If you read our petition (Nostalrius) https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

...you will see that we only asked for a Legacy server run by Blizzard. We did not ask for any changes whatsoever, just Vanilla.

Like I said earlier, the people advocating for all sorts of ridiculous changes on Vanilla are trolls and the demands for changes, mere trolling in most cases.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    snip
    Hey hey, there are also people who will never play Classic WoW again (and think that it's a waste of ressources) but also think that the Blizz Version should be as close to classic as it could be.

No need to be rude just because we enjoy a different Version of WoW more.

Deleted
    As a so-called "purist", I am quite happy that every pro-QoL player has his/her own opinion on what changes are to be made to Vanilla.
    The more changes they want made, the more Blizzard will realise that this is a can of worms and in the end just release Classic as Vanilla was back at the time.

Only patch level TBD and how raid releases will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Some people are generally so scared of change that any change is perceived as a bad one regardless of what change it is. You see this a lot in old people where you suggest a change that will be a clear benefit to them but they get so worked up by the very notion of change that they break down in panic and start to cry. I certainly notice it more and more in myself as I get older where I have my routines and have gotten used to things working in certain ways and when things all of a sudden changes it's very unsettling.
    But isn't that was classic is all about? A server for people that did not want change?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Let me also remind you, that the Retailers -in their childish hate of original World Of Warcraft- even came up with the "Wall of No" to show that Classic would never happen and express their disdain for Vanilla:

I rest my case.
    Stop miss using the word retailer ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Some people are generally so scared of change that any change is perceived as a bad one regardless of what change it is. You see this a lot in old people where you suggest a change that will be a clear benefit to them but they get so worked up by the very notion of change that they break down in panic and start to cry. I certainly notice it more and more in myself as I get older where I have my routines and have gotten used to things working in certain ways and when things all of a sudden changes it's very unsettling.
    Yeah... bad for you I guess. Except here we're talking about a game. You know... entertainment. And some people find it entertaining to, for example, climb to the mount Everest. And they undertake that endeavor despite all of the inconveniences. But I guess you're, indeed, too old to understand that as well because old people also tend to sit on their ass and stare judgmentally at people enjoying something these old people themselves don't.

If anyone is scare of change that is you. You are so entrenched in your convenient little features, that you can't imagine yourself without it and you can't imagine yourself to play the game without these. And you're to scared that others might leave you behind and your little game is going to stay convenient, yet empty. So now you sit there, scared and unsettled of coming changes.

See, I can play armchair psychoanalysis as well.

Classic WoW hadn't been announced for more than 24 hours before people started discussing QOL additions, so yeah, I'd say the slippery slope argument is pretty valid.
    People have spent the last several years making videos, contacting Blizzard, posting on forums, playing private servers, signing petitions with 300k+ signatures, etc in an attempt to get an official re-release of Vanilla WoW. It is very understandable why Vanilla no-change advocates get annoyed when people suggest changes.... especially after Ion Hazzikostas has already said: "We know vanilla means vanilla. We know it's about community, and that means some of the inconveniences, that means some of the rough edges - that's not something we're looking to move away from." - Ion Hazzikostas, November 16, 2017
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

But it's a slippery slope if you add ice to idiot mountain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Classic WoW hadn't been announced for more than 24 hours before people started discussing QOL additions, so yeah, I'd say the slippery slope argument is pretty valid.
    People have spent the last several years making videos, contacting Blizzard, posting on forums, playing private servers, signing petitions with 300k+ signatures, etc in an attempt to get an official re-release of Vanilla WoW. It is very understandable why Vanilla no-change advocates get annoyed when people suggest changes.... especially after Ion Hazzikostas has already said: "We know vanilla means vanilla. We know it's about community, and that means some of the inconveniences, that means some of the rough edges - that's not something we're looking to move away from." - Ion Hazzikostas, November 16, 2017
    Considering some people see bug fixes as QOL additions, I'd say slippery slope is pretty damn narcissistic of a lot of so called vanilla players.

Ion Hazzikostas saying Classic is going to mean vanilla or whatever you are inferring from his words is a blank check bold faced lie that if you knew anything about Blizzard, you'd know they won't follow up on. We are talking about the guy who helped develop WoD to quite a large extent.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I have said this before. People on both sides of this argument need to realize is that this is World of Warcraft: Classic ... not anything more. It will be whatever Blizzard wants it to be. If Blizzard wants better class balances, it will have better class balances. If Blizzard wants other changes, it will have it.

The idea this is 100% going to be like it was during Vanilla or will be changed is 100% pointless because we don't know and no Blizzard hasn't been 100% clear one way or the other in any quote.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    All over this subforum, the most common response to any, ANY request for ANY change, no matter how small, is this idiotic slippery slope argument of:

Please educate yourself: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
    Please educate yourself first. It's only logical fallacy if there is no evidence to the contrary and we have 12 years of evidence.

"We know vanilla means vanilla" ~ Ion Hazzikostas

https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I have said this before. People on both sides of this argument need to realize is that this is World of Warcraft: Classic ... not anything more. It will be whatever Blizzard wants it to be. If Blizzard wants better class balances, it will have better class balances. If Blizzard wants other changes, it will have it.

The idea this is 100% going to be like it was during Vanilla or will be changed is 100% pointless because we don't know and no Blizzard hasn't been 100% clear one way or the other in any quote.
    Educate yourself.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-12-27 at 11:45 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas saying Classic is going to mean vanilla or whatever you are inferring from his words is a blank check bold faced lie that if you knew anything about Blizzard, you'd know they won't follow up on. We are talking about the guy who helped develop WoD to quite a large extent.
    That's awesome that you have that opinion, but I think most people will put more stock in the quote "vanilla means vanilla" coming from WoW's game director.
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

OP, why is it so hard for you to understand that people who fought for vanilla don't want any of the proposed changes? If you want anything other then that, it's not meant for you. They want to recreate the atmosphere exactly the way it was. All the little things that seem tedious to you and you think should be changed, is a part of that atmosphere.

IMO, the whole project will fail fairly quickly and isn't something that blizz should waste time, money and people, but since it's happening, let it be right to those who fought for it. Not for you who want some QOL. It's for them, who want it the way it was. You like it-you join it, you don't-you don't. You don't get to change it.