Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Ninjalooting was an issue, which personal loot fixed. So I wouldn't mind it.
    Ninjalooting took a nosedive when Blizzard decided they would retroactively reassign loot if there was proof of bad faith loot assignment. That was well before personal loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The only modern loot feature they should add to classic wow should be the "you can trade this item for 2 hours" clause.
    Without personal loot, there is no real need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    can we just permaban people that make these "it would be a great QOL improvement" posts already?

Saying its QOL improvement is trolling, which is against the MMO-C Rules.
    so now saying opinion that differes with yours is trolling ?

people have their right to demand decent product from blizzard not semi-shit product that vanilla is atm compared to contmporary mmorpgs.

consumers have always right to say/write their opinion whether you like it or not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Ninjalooting took a nosedive when Blizzard decided they would retroactively reassign loot if there was proof of bad faith loot assignment. That was well before personal loot.
    but not in vanilla - have fun when you end up in a group with a hunter

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but not in vanilla - have fun when you end up in a group with a hunter
    In Vanilla, I was the hunter. But - and I admit my memories are hazy - I could swear I was only ever in raids with masterloot. I distinctly recall that I lost the roll for my first epic, but the RL asked the winning rogue to pass the bow to the noob hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Next post:

Can we add all the TBC content to the classic servers? I feel like that would add a lot of content and make the game a lot more fun.
    There is already a thread for that where people want to add content that was never in vanilla to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Without personal loot, there is no real need for it.
    It was added in wotlk so that people would stop ticketing Blizzard to get an item transferred. It's a rule they had on the books, just not in mechanics until that point.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

It was added in wotlk so that people would stop ticketing Blizzard to get an item transferred. It's a rule they had on the books, just not in mechanics until that point.
    And it led to people bullying others to give up loot (and apparently it's still going on). Yea, great idea but no thanks.
    To be honest, it feels like those who suggest adding some random features, outside of the over structure of the game they have now, had never seen the shitstorm caused by these features when they were implemented.

This "oh, wouldn't be cool to have X feature!" mentality often fails to account to all of the negative effects it's going to cause along the way.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-12-27 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    And it led to people bullying others to give up loot (and apparently it's still going on). Yea, great idea but no thanks.
    To be honest, it feels like those who suggest adding some random features, outside of the over structure of the game they have now, had never seen the shitstorm caused by these features when they were implemented.

This "oh, wouldn't be cool to have X feature!" mentality often fails to account to all of the negative effects it's going to cause along the way.
    That's kind of a case of just trying to work out which one results in less customer service team workload.

Do they get more tickets from people wanting to trade loot, or do they get more tickets from people being abused?

Maybe I'm just optimistic but I think having the feature results in less issues.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

That's kind of a case of just trying to work out which one results in less customer service team workload.

Do they get more tickets from people wanting to trade loot, or do they get more tickets from people being abused?

Maybe I'm just optimistic but I think having the feature results in less issues.
    What result in less issues and less workload is the flat out refusal to service these tickets. You messed up master loot? You regret taking this loot? Tough luck, live with it. It was more or less like this in vanilla, often GM would help you with loot when both players clearly voice their consent to the item transfer, but I've seen at least one instance when GM refused to do it for some reason. I'm ok with them refusing to do it 100% of time. Master loot system isn't hard, if you can't do it, choose someone in the raid who's not messing up pressing 2 buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    I thought the thread suggested having nothing but personal loot in the game.
    W... Why? It's clearly an option, just like group loot or FFA. It's just ridiculous to limit the game to one loot distribution option
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    I disagree. Those 3 to 4 battle rezzes per raid can be vital.
    So then tell me. In your opinion.

If a mage does 1000 dps, how much should a balance druid, shadow priest or elemental shaman do?
    800-850.

Nothing in a raid can be "vital" if it can't be done every pull of a boss, but that's my opinion. That's the same argument I had when Blizzard said "but shamans can die and ankh, that's a great defensive!" while the community was pissed of that shaman had no defensive cd, but every other class did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    W... Why? It's clearly an option, just like group loot or FFA. It's just ridiculous to limit the game to one loot distribution option
    Idk why, I'm against having personal loot in anything but an LFG or LFR group. Thankfully, neither of these will be in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    800-850.

Nothing in a raid can be "vital" if it can't be done every pull of a boss, but that's my opinion. That's the same argument I had when Blizzard said "but shamans can die and ankh, that's a great defensive!" while the community was pissed of that shaman had no defensive cd, but every other class did.
    And I think 850 is too much. Should be 700 to 800 at most. There's a dude on the wow forums who thinks there should be no tax at all, and on. Top of that, hybrids should keep there entire toolkit. See why it's dumb to even discuss balance? Everyone has there own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Would you like to see personal loot as the default option in classic? Personal loot brings with it a lot of benefits which would only make the community stronger. I think it would be a great quality of life improvement to the game.
    Same answer as anything else that was not available during vanilla. No.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

And I think 850 is too much. Should be 700 to 800 at most. There's a dude on the wow forums who thinks there should be no tax at all, and on. Top of that, hybrids should keep there entire toolkit. See why it's dumb to even discuss balance? Everyone has there own opinion.
    Of course, but at the end of the day, the tax was too harsh, shown by what guilds did originally. Literally if you go search naxx 40 on youtube 2 of the top guild videos, one alliance and one horde, they're both just stacking mages, rogues, locks, and rogues for dps.

Of course, but at the end of the day, the tax was too harsh, shown by what guilds did originally. Literally if you go search naxx 40 on youtube 2 of the top guild videos, one alliance and one horde, they're both just stacking mages, rogues, locks, and rogues for dps.
    And? Look at live. They still class stack. How many warrior or dh tanks do you See? It's all blood dk, druid, and monk.

Rogues for cheesibf mechanics.
    Affliction locks, shadow priests, and balance druids galore. Stop using top guilds as indicative of balance

And? Look at live. They still class stack. How many warrior or dh tanks do you See? It's all blood dk, druid, and monk.

Rogues for cheesibf mechanics.
    Affliction locks, shadow priests, and balance druids galore. Stop using top guilds as indicative of balance
    Rogues were good last tier, this tier is far more balanced for DPS especially in terms of classes being used on progression. All tanks are viable, Druids and DKs are just far more overpower than the others, that doesn't mean that DH and Warrior aren't usable.

Rogues were good last tier, this tier is far more balanced for DPS especially in terms of classes being used on progression. All tanks are viable, Druids and DKs are just far more overpower than the others, that doesn't mean that DH and Warrior aren't usable.
    Lol. Rogue dps wasn't that good at the end of last tier. Our best spec was ranked 11th out of 24. This tier rogue dps is all at the bottom

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Bai.

dot, dot, dot...
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues were too busy being told to go soak to DPS in TOS
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Lol. Rogue dps wasn't that good at the end of last tier. Our best spec was ranked 11th out of 24. This tier rogue dps is all at the bottom
    Good as in they were useful every boss regardless of their dps, they did what other specs with immunities did, but with more dps and a shorter cd on their immunity.