Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I hope none of this is true. Way to fucking destroy the franchise.
    I absolutly hated Yokai watch attacks in demo version, where you need to use the pen thing.
    And pokemon just dont work that way...if they are not turn based as you need time to think like in chess on your next move.

As for spain or italy...fat chance. We had french not so long ago.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://pokejungle.net/2017/12/26/rum...tails-surface/

RUMOR: Possible first Pokemon Gen 8 details have emerged.
    I wish I could say that motion controls and additional Z-moves immediately put this into the fake category, but it isn't like Nintendo, or any other company, has never forced motion control in for no god damn reason.

If it does come with motion control I hope it's the only way to do Z-moves, that way at major tournaments we have to actually see people do them, and then make them get banned out of embarrassment.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-12-27 at 10:36 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I love more RNG in my strategy RPG's...

I hope none of this is true. Way to fucking destroy the franchise.
    i think the only thing that could destroy the franchise is a hard reboot and even that is questionable.

most people dont play pokemon for the gameplay, they play pokemon because they like pokemon (look at pokemon go and how many people who hadnt played pokemon in years latched onto it, not because of the gameplay, but because of the brand)

majority of people who play it got into pokemon because of the anime when they were kids and when they think or imagine pokemon they imagine it as it was in the anime and the games are simply their way of going on a journey and exploring the world of pokemon.

unless the combat system is total cancer and broken to the point of being unplayable it will be fine, in fact i wouldnt be surprised if a main series game that used real time combat actually did better.

if it doesnt do well they can always just switch back in the next gen just like they scaled back mega evolution and will probably bring back gyms.

heres some video of digimon world re:digitize which would be similar to the rumoured combat system and is also a really really good game

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think the only thing that could destroy the franchise is a hard reboot and even that is questionable.

most people dont play pokemon for the gameplay, they play pokemon because they like pokemon (look at pokemon go and how many people who hadnt played pokemon in years latched onto it, not because of the gameplay, but because of the brand)

majority of people who play it got into pokemon because of the anime when they were kids and when they think or imagine pokemon they imagine it as it was in the anime and the games are simply their way of going on a journey and exploring the world of pokemon.
    I didn't know you spoke for that majority.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    They're not wrong in that it wouldn't necessarily kill the franchise. It could arguably help it among super young gamers that they seem to be intentionally targeting harder than ever since Yokai took the market by storm.

I would, however, argue that such moves could kill the franchise among the older fans long term. We'll probably buy it anyways just to see how bad but it definitely feels like a gamble they're taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I keep wiping after 30s on Battle Tree doubles. Do you guys have any team recommendations?

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep wiping after 30s on Battle Tree doubles. Do you guys have any team recommendations?
    Do bouth of your pokemon have a protect? You can soak effective moves that way easy.

Maybe this type of team?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/co...super_doubles/

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Do bouth of your pokemon have a protect? You can soak effective moves that way easy.

Maybe this type of team?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/co...super_doubles/
    Protect? Nah, I open with Double Glass Cannons, Tapu Koko and Pheromosa. (Granted this was made from the Singles team by just adding my Pheromosa from Sun into it).

They do work very well as opener, but I need something to come after them when/if they trhey are killed.

you guys play competitive and ev train and perfect ivs and breed for perfect pokemon. you arent the target audience. you're the hardcore raiders of pokemon.

how do you explain pokemon gos success among both former and current pokemon fans? or pokken selling as well as it did inspite of the wiius user base? or the numerous spin offs that have nothing in common gameplaywise with the main series games?

pokemon is a brand that sells. no other brand in video games aside from mario has the brand power that pokemon does.

this might destroy the competitive community but it will in no way harm the franchise as a whole and pokemon isnt some carved in stone monolith that can never be changed and vice versa changed back.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

you guys play competitive and ev train and perfect ivs and breed for perfect pokemon. you arent the target audience. you're the hardcore raiders of pokemon.

how do you explain pokemon gos success among both former and current pokemon fans? or pokken selling as well as it did inspite of the wiius user base? or the numerous spin offs that have nothing in common gameplaywise with the main series games?

pokemon is a brand that sells. no other brand in video games aside from mario has the brand power that pokemon does.

this might destroy the competitive community but it will in no way harm the franchise as a whole and pokemon isnt some carved in stone monolith that can never be changed and vice versa changed back.
    I don't play competitively. I don't particularly like the OHKO or 2HKO nature of competitive. For the record I'm not even entirely against the idea, I'm a mixed bag on the new combat system. Telling competitive players they are just "bitching and moaning" and saying "Well most people want these changes" aren't convincing arguments though. This is a big change and I don't blame anyone from walking away from the franchise if they enjoy the combat or competitive scene that is being drastically redesigned.

As for the side games that sell well. Well, they're side games. They have no bearing on the core pokemon experience. If the main series had stopped 10 years ago, you can bet the brand would have suffered, side games or no.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I don't play competitively. I don't particularly like the OHKO or 2HKO nature of competitive. For the record I'm not even entirely against the idea, I'm a mixed bag on the new combat system. Telling competitive players they are just "bitching and moaning" and saying "Well most people want these changes" aren't convincing arguments though. This is a big change and I don't blame anyone from walking away from the franchise if they enjoy the combat or competitive scene that is being drastically redesigned.

As for the side games that sell well. Well, they're side games. They have no bearing on the core pokemon experience. If the main series had stopped 10 years ago, you can bet the brand would have suffered, side games or no.
    im not saying they arent valid in WANTING a game that way. however using hyperbole like "destroying the franchise" IS bitching and moaning especially when its just a rumour and even if it is true weve seen nothing of it yet (and like i said, if it IS bad, they can change it right back. this is a near yearly franchise.)

it would be like if they removed mythic raiding from wow. mythic raiders would throw a fit, claim it would kill the game but at the end of the day i dont think wow would be affected at all in the long term.

and who knows, if it really is a drastic change we could always end up with a 2d mario/zelda situation where both can coexist

If these battle changes are true, I venture it would do Way more damage then good. I mean, look at pokemon go. Its popularity Tanked after its launch. It launched well enough, but its player base has been hemorrhaging away. The only time they make money now is during an event. During regular times of play, when nothing new is being launched or happening, their money gain goes down drastically.

Pokken sold as well as it did because it didn't aim to be a pokemon spin off. It was a well made game made by a well known company who got to do what they do best. They made a spectacular fighting game and were able to incorporate pokemon into it.

Pokemon has a powerful brand, and that would ensure sales. However, I don't believe such a massive overhaul would keep momentum going. Gutting the combat system that they have worked on for so long would be a horrible move. That is the very core of the pokemon games. A new combat system would make the game lose its appeal to a lot of people. Simply because they don't enjoy that gameplay type. People who buy game after game know they enjoy that combat type. Its a proven formula. I know that personally, I wouldn't get a new game based solely on the brand if the gameplay itself isn't appealing.

- - - Updated - - -

it would be like if they removed mythic raiding from wow. mythic raiders would throw a fit, claim it would kill the game but at the end of the day i dont think wow would be affected at all in the long term.
    I get your premise, but we aren't just talking about removing the competitive side of things. We are talking about a potential, massive change to the very foundation of their combat system. Comparing mythic raiding being taken away while regular raiding remains 100% isn't a good comparison. It would be closer in line to them taking away raiding all together and replacing it with an entirely new form of progression in PvE.

With all of this being said, I doubt any of that rumor are true. People have been trying to get leaks on these games for a long time and I never have seen any hit the ball park. This one strikes me as fake due to the pure amount of changes its suggesting. Including the addition to z moves to motion control. That alone would be really dumb. That would make it near impossible to play on the go since the most powerful moves requires you to do some dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If these battle changes are true, I venture it would do Way more damage then good. I mean, look at pokemon go. Its popularity Tanked after its launch. It launched well enough, but its player base has been hemorrhaging away. The only time they make money now is during an event. During regular times of play, when nothing new is being launched or happening, their money gain goes down drastically.
    that has more to do with them rolling out new pokemon in tiny miniscule amounts. pokemon gos been out for years and has only just recently started on a couple gen 3 mons. if they kept the content flow steady it likely have a more steady fanbase.

people ran out of things to do, so they stopped playing.

that has more to do with them rolling out new pokemon in tiny miniscule amounts. pokemon gos been out for years and has only just recently started on a couple gen 3 mons. if they kept the content flow steady it likely have a more steady fanbase.

people ran out of things to do, so they stopped playing.
    The said thing is, its only been a year and a half since its launch. They are already on gen 3. They launched raids, which were good, but the top tiers were too powerful for rewards. A lot of items. Then tier 5 and those had even more items. Each tier effectively killed the lower ones due to the sheer number of rewards. They really don't know what they are doing. There are things missing from the announcement video. I agree, people ran out of things to do and Niantic doesn't appear to really manage to add things to do.

I am curious to see how the changes to the progression path in sun and moon went over. Personally, neither me nor my gf liked it much and missed gyms. I always look forward to seeing the new badges and their designs. I can appreciate them trying to change things up in the game. I just hope the core combat system remains. Its one I really do enjoy and I know what that fake rumor said would be a system I know I dislike.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

This happened...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    This happened...

What the fuck.....
    That chance to see this is.....i dont know. Never happened to me. (but it could be hacked staged)

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I know what that fake rumor said would be a system I know I dislike.
    i mean, we cant really say that without seeing it. if the rumour is true it would be somewhat like pokken and somewhat like digimon world. which is real time combat mixed with menu based attacks where you order your digimon around and pokken is a fighting game and tbh neither are too much similar to each other aside from being real time and since theres not much context given for the comparisons we dont know what to expect aside from real time combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean, we cant really say that without seeing it. if the rumour is true it would be somewhat like pokken and somewhat like digimon world. which is real time combat mixed with menu based attacks where you order your digimon around and pokken is a fighting game and tbh neither are too much similar to each other aside from being real time and since theres not much context given for the comparisons we dont know what to expect aside from real time combat.
    I know some guy is making something similar. Not sure if he got cease and desist due to his project.

Also...this is some good quality:

https://pokeshopper.com/news.html

We can now reveal the first Pokémon Takara Tomy product images for February 2018 release! And with these exciting new products is the confirmation of the first Poipole official 20cm size magnet plush which will be available for 1,944 yen in Japan. Also, the first Beast Ball plush at 11cm in size will also debut for 1,080 yen. Many new figurines have been added to our database also, with the highly anticipated Buzzwole and Jangmo-o images also published in the gallery provided above! Please enjoy these images and the information provided! Expect these products to release in Japan on (Saturday) February 24th, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    What the fuck.....
    That chance to see this is.....i dont know. Never happened to me. (but it could be hacked staged)
    Definitely not staged. That's the insane part