Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, it's about 10 min a day that you probably already spent in game but sure.
    Is it 10 minutes a day doing something he wants to do, though?

An hour of my time can pay my WoW sub for 5 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I haven't had to, I've chosen to.

I can earn $15 is far less time than anyone can earn 200k gold, including me.

So I choose to be more efficient with my time and use $s.
    My in game gold fuels itself for the most part. I make 100k a week and I really don't focus on making gold at all, it just happens with me naturally playing. I could easily double that on a weekly basis if I wanted to, but I just choose to play the game and have fun. I too have a job, and a family, but since the gold comes so easily, I choose to use my $15 a month on something else.

Deleted
    I redeemed roughly 13 million gold worth of tokens when the limit of purchasable tokens was removed this year. My account is paid for until Mid 2023 and I have 250 EUR battle net balance. Basically free2play for all blizzard games for the next few years

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    The 10€ I have to pay for the sub are nothing really. I rather buy all the pets/mounts I can with gold so I don't have to farm/craft them

Time is money
    This right here. I paid for about 2 years with tokens in WoD, but now I just pay the sub. Since then I have gotten OW and Destiny 2 collectors editions, most store mounts, gifted copies of Legion to friends, gifted plenty of Hearthstone packs, etc. And done several faction/race/server changes free of charge.

Nothing beats doing a race change while on a raid break.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do you even know what salty and rude mean? I was merely expressing my amusement at the statement you made.
    The only one being salty here seems to be you. :>
    Ridiculing others because your SPECULATION about how others spend their time does not suit you is, indeed being salty and rude.

You are in no position to tell me what boring is and what isnt, as well as in no position to judge wether i spend my time productively or not. For all it's worth, you spent more time with no productivity, writing your 12k posts, I'm guessing derailing threads like this one.

If I have a choice to spent real money or the ones I'm accumulating in game doing exactly what I'd be doing anyway, the choice is simple for me. OP didnt ask you about your opinion about how I spent my money, so kindly get off me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I choose to use my $15 a month on something else.
    That's false economy though ... spending $150 worth of time saving $15/month isn't really that rational

Fundamentally with the exception of WoD, earning significant gold in WoW is a huge time sink. If 90% of your game is paying for the game - then it is a job, not a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    You can make 200k gold in a few minutes .
    False... you cannot.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

yeah. and for every token YOU buy on the AH blizz has earned 5 bugs for doing nothing. good job. great system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Yeah - and I date 6 supermodels and drive a selection of 18 sports cars between my 8 luxury homes.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This so much. I don't have need for ingame money, but I would never actually farm it to buy tokens, even if I could. Working less than half an hour more is all that it would take, why would I waste my time playing the boring ass auction house game just to slowly crawl my way up there..?
    you dont need to play the AH to get enought gold to pay with tokens, personally i made more than enought to buy 3-4 wow tokens per month with gold just by doing dailies.

What a relevant and interesting discussion thread. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    As a seller of tokens, I want to thank you for buying them with your gold Frees my time up to do things other than farm it, and like the poster above, $20 isn't a big deal when I can spend it on such.
    Indeed, I was lucky enough to get some tokens when they spiked to 350-360k, and then later that day went back down to ~260k, so got some extra gold. I don't usually buy tokens tho, but I could not pass on that opportunity to gain some extra gold!

Deleted
    WoW Token made me spend additional money on gold BibleThump

Quote Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
    For us who don't work and have nothing to do, Token is amazing.
    Or people like me who already have millions of useless gold.
    I plan to quit WoW anyway.
    These $15 tokens can be used on other Blizzard games.

I will never "farm" for gold.
    You compete with jobless and kids who don't mind $1 per hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
    For us who don't work and have nothing to do, Token is amazing.

I log on for 20 mins in the morning (before work) and start any gold missions i have and for 20 mins in the evening to start any new gold missions that may have popped up.
    At the weekend i will kill any/all world bosses and some WQ's that drop gold. This makes plenty of gold to pay for a token each month.
    Whether or not you work has nothing to do with it.

Edit: This is on 5 level 110's.
    Last edited by mmocb82a453bb8; 2017-12-27 at 06:31 PM. Reason: To clarify number of toons

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Is it 10 minutes a day doing something he wants to do, though?

Well, it's not like most people swing by work for an hour at night just so they can avoid going to the AH for a few min but sure.
    If thats how you do it, that sounds... fun.

Wow Token ftw! Since it was introduced

Love the token. I have saved almost $500 using the tokens since they came out. I can always cover the cost of tokens just by playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Mowing your neighbours lawn will probably earn you a month's sub fee
    Unless you live in a big city like NYC, or in an apt building, or are over the age of 13.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Indeed, I was lucky enough to get some tokens when they spiked to 350-360k, and then later that day went back down to ~260k, so got some extra gold. I don't usually buy tokens tho, but I could not pass on that opportunity to gain some extra gold!
    The mysterious gold spike. People said it was due to sales but why would it cause the price to spike like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not only has wow been free - you can now turn it into blizzard currency for other games, etc

It’s by far the best thing Blizz has ever done for WoW.

Now here’s hoping BfA/Battle is an equally as awesome as expac as Leg.. because I’ll continue playing as long as I’m enjoying the content/people <3