Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it possible for Arthas to be Rez'd and become holy again?

Is it possible for the old Lich King to be Rez'd and become a holy warrior again (paladin)?

Could Blizzard revive him and make him part of the Alliance in a future expansion? Similar to how they Rez'd illidan?

In the Warcraft universe pretty much anything is possible. They keep bringing back old characters whenever they feel like they can be used in some random new story, where they are unable to come up with some new interesting characters. Even if Arthas is completely gone with body and soul we can always visit some alternate universe, find another Arthas and bring him to ours as a way to bring him back.

I guess Arthas could become a good guy again if he was to be rezzed, as he is no longer under the corruption of Frostmourne. I'd be okay if they did some redemption story where Arthas tries to make up for all the damage he caused when he joined the Scourge, like returning Lordaeron to its former glory with the aid of the Alliance or Argent Crusade (with Lordaeron becoming contested in BFA). But at the same time he also had a good run and his arc ended on a high note, better to not milk out his character more just for fan service.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2017-12-27 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is it possible for the old Lich King to be Rez'd and become a holy warrior again (paladin)?

Could Blizzard revive him and make him part of the Alliance in a future expansion? Similar to how they Rez'd illidan?
    I know it's a Jaylock thread, but this would take major retconning to work out. "Arthas" didn't exist anymore when we helped kill the Lich King. He ripped his own heart out, to destroy the last shred of his humanity. Remember, in Ice Crown, the "Pulsing Crystal", that was his heart? Tirion destroyed it with the Ashbringer, because he saw that there was no hope of redemption for Arthas. What was left of him inside the helmet was him and Ner'zhul melded together. Oh, wait, nobody did those quests in Icecrown, my bad.
    It's Blizzard, and Metzen is gone, so who knows, but it would take serious messing with the lore to pull it off.

We can get Arthas from WOD and take him to icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    We can get Arthas from WOD and take him to icecrown
    There is no alternate-Azeroth. The alternate version of Draenor from WoD existed in its own isolated bubble.

10+ Year Old Account

Doubtful, he would be lost from the light as he cut it of by becoming the Lich King. Could see him brought back as a Death Knight but weaker than Bolvar.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    There is no alternate-Azeroth. The alternate version of Draenor from WoD existed in its own isolated bubble.
    There are multiple alternate universes in Lore, one that was show is where Blackmoore conquered Lordaeron and Arthas married Jaina, lived in Sw and had a son.

On topic:Yes its possible, no, it shouldn't happen.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doubtful, he would be lost from the light as he cut it of by becoming the Lich King. Could see him brought back as a Death Knight but weaker than Bolvar.
    Zeliek could still use the Light.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    In the Warcraft universe pretty much anything is possible. They keep bringing back old characters whenever they feel like they can be used in some random new story, where they are unable to come up with some new interesting characters. Even if Arthas is completely gone with body and soul we can always visit some alternate universe, find another Arthas and bring him to ours as a way to bring him back.
    It frustrates me that you're completely right. Even though I don't think they'd go that route after WoD bombed so badly, Gul'dan 2 was pretty cool.

Being rezzed in our universe seems more likely. But whether he is or not I wouldn't count him out of the game just yet. There's more than one lich king whispering in the ears of our beloved death knights...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Zeliek isn't of the same 'story'.

Zeliek -> Human -> Paladin -> Following the light -> Dead -> Revived -> Retained Holy Light -> Dead -> Revived -> Retained Holy Light.

Arthas -> Human -> Paladin -> Following the light-> Discarding the light -> Corruption -> Necrotic infusion -> Dead -> Unknown location of corpse if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Blizzard can change the lore in any manner they damn well want as proven by the last couple of expansions. For all we know Arthas "real" soul was spirited away inside a phylactery and is just waiting a new body. Or he was stuffed inside a carrot and hidden inside the stormwind food stores. Or fused with an immortal elwynn lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I know it's a Jaylock thread, but this would take major retconning to work out. "Arthas" didn't exist anymore when we helped kill the Lich King. He ripped his own heart out, to destroy the last shred of his humanity. Remember, in Ice Crown, the "Pulsing Crystal", that was his heart? Tirion destroyed it with the Ashbringer, because he saw that there was no hope of redemption for Arthas. What was left of him inside the helmet was him and Ner'zhul melded together. Oh, wait, nobody did those quests in Icecrown, my bad.
    It's Blizzard, and Metzen is gone, so who knows, but it would take serious messing with the lore to pull it off.
    That was an amazing questchain--that and the one with the freaky ass gnome DK questgiver on the west edge in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

It's been awhile, would rez'n him handle the decomposition problem?

Holy Resurrection isn't something that generally happens in lore. The only resurrection that mainly takes place is of necromancy magic and it doesn't bring people back as they were, unless a tremendous amount of power was put into it, such as using an Altar of Storms. If Arthas was brought back, he would be brought back as a death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That has to do with Zelieks devotion to the light. Arthas had no where near that kind of devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What was left of him inside the helmet was him and Ner'zhul melded together. .
    This is why I think Ner'zhul still exists in the helmet. When the helmet came off, Arthas returned to his former self, like they unfused. Which made me wonder if Ner'zhul returned to the helmet.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-12-27 at 09:09 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Please no.

Let the dead stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    This is a fan-created theory which has never been confirmed. The actual lore contradicts it though as Kairoz had intended to visit multiple full-scale alternative timelines to get himself an infinite Orc army to fight the Legion.

As for Arthas... like someone already said, anything is possible in Warcraft universe. And if something is not but it needs to happen, there's nothing a little retcon couldn't fix. From the Sylvanas short story we know that Arthas' spirit is reduced to a fearful child being tormented in the Void. It might be possible to snatch that "child" out of the Void and raise him as a noble holy warrior again. There are no guarantees that he won't go down the dark path again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    with blizzard's writers it definitely is lol

Literally anything is possible in WoW now

Death really is a minor inconvenience and when a character quite literally could not possible be able to be rezzed cause the body is destroyed then blizz can use that alternative reality bullshit they pulled in WoD.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's writers are bad enough to consider that.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    They can. But the question is. Should they? Probably not. Bringing illidan back was pandering enough considering that he died from a poorly written story that he probably shouldn't have been killed off from. WoW jumped the shark a long time ago in terms of story. Bringing Arthas back as a good guy, while not out of the realm of possibility, would be incredibly contrived.