Poll: Who will Anduin marry?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That's a pretty broad stroke, and a very simplistic view of the reasons why people like the idea of Wranduin.

Some people like the star crossed lovers aspect, then there's the thing that Anduin is a pretty white boy and you know how fangirls get about that, then there's the thing that they actually have a meaninful relationship, and all the people that find the idea of two guys together hot.

Literal eyeroll. You are just missing the point about this being a narrative, with a very limited scope to what we see of the world. As such, in terms of character development, we are assumed to believe we see the most important interactions. If all we saw of your life as a narrative was your interactions with your cat and your coworker, that would kind of be a bummer. Are those the most important relationships on your life, or did you brought them up to make a weak point?

Does Anduin have any other meaningful relationships with any other person of his age group? No. regardless if you "ship" them or not, Anduin's relationship with Wrathion has weight, and interactions serve mostly to characterize them (actually a good thing). Let's be real, they are just friends, or friendly, but the point is that they do share an important relationship in terms of their development, even Christie Golden calls them "Good friends," They are prominent in each other's lives. And when it comes to shipping, that's the point, the interpretation of a relationship as a romantic one

While I can assume that you don't have any possibility of romantic feelings for your cat or your coworker, the whole point of shipping is believing on that possibility, or alternative. Like it's okay if you don't understand shipping.

But by saying that that Wrathion and Anduin having romantic feelings for each other is "mental gymnastics" the only thing you are saying is that it's unfathomable they might be attracted to each other, thing that is not up to you to decide. Again, is only "mental gymnastics" if you assume heterosexuality is the default.

Let's pull back and ask yourself, do you have any "what if" scenarios in Warcraft Lore? regardless of how likely they are to happen? As vapid as shipping might be to you, that's shipping in a nutshell, a what if scenario.
    You know what? I get wrapped up in making a point sometimes.

I ship shit all the time. In that post, i got caught up in being rooted in firm reason, which doesn't allow the imagination to wander at all, but that would be fine if i kept my own imagination restrained but i shit on yours too.

My bad.

FWIW, my favorite ship is almost anything to do with Yrel. I fucking love Yrel.
    Last edited by Goobaman; 2017-12-26 at 10:07 PM. Reason: oops...

I want to see him become the boy toy of granny jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Eh, I expect to have anduin marry someone from the opposite faction. We know he is alive and well far into the future from the comic. And I doubt our race war will go on that long. As to whom? No idea. No undead, that's pretty clear. I doubt a blood elf, since human X elf is a pretty common thing from the wind runner sisters. Don't think he's furry enough for a tauren bride. So more than likely it will be an orc. Maybe saurfangs niece that has the axe of cenarius
    does aggra have a sister tell her to hit anduin up

Vanessa, and maaaybe Lorna, are the only two reasonably close in age.
    Wrathion is 4 ya'll. Lets keep it PG.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm all for a gay couple but if they're going to do that they better make a lesbian couple as well. Maybe Jaina and Tess lol, idk. Or Jaina and Alleria.
    Man the edge on that couple would be hilarious ! emo to maximum !

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Wrathion is 4 ya'll.
    i can understand every argument against wrathion except this. you guys do know he’s a dragon right?

anduin and graymane are a perfect couple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jania can he only have one?

Deleted
    Why not go for a Prince of Monaco approach?

Just get someone a contract do bear your offspring so the house of Wrynn has a future.
    Then enjoy the good life of being a royal, get all the hot women, have sick pool parties in moon wells and never commit to anyone.

I vote for Sylvanas Windrunner.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wrathion - No...just no. Not because shipping these two is next to impossible, but because after what happened in the novel "War Crimes" I can imagine Anduin having trust issues with him. This is pretty much a dead end.
    Lorna Crowley* - Not royal enough, but not entirely omitted as an option.
    Tess Greymane* - A viable option if any, but having connections to the Uncrowned might somewhat hinder chances here.
    Jaina Proudmoore* - She personally sees herself more an older relative to Anduin like an aunt, so this is pretty much another dead end.
    Vanessa Vancleef - Way too shady, with almost no sense of honor. She would kill Anduin in his sleep if given the opportunity. Another dead end.
    Calia Menethil - Follower of the light, royal bloodline, and chance of siding with the Alliance come Battle for Azeroth. The only downside however is these two have never met face to face, so her chances are higher if given enough time together with Anduin.

*Members of the Alliance have a higher chance, considering they've met or known Anduin at some point in their lives. But just haven't gotten to know him on a more intimate level.

Deleted
    An unknown noble like his mother. Come on, the House of Nobles wont accept to share the power with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    You know what? I get wrapped up in making a point sometimes.

I ship shit all the time. In that post, i got caught up in being rooted in firm reason, which doesn't allow the imagination to wander at all, but that would be fine if i kept my own imagination restrained but i shit on yours too.

My bad.

FWIW, my favorite ship is almost anything to do with Yrel. I fucking love Yrel.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by this response, so thank you for that! We all get caught up on the details sometimes, and miss the trees for the forest (or something like that) and not every answer or opinion is about right or wrong, some are just about what you interpret, and that's what "we agree to disagree" is meant for.

And I don't even ship Wranduin, but IDK, consistency in what I believe I suppose.

Also yes, I miss Yrel, so much.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't I choose Sylvannas?

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the Wrathion-Anduin idea. Anduin has been shown having more time with Genn, but obviously people can't back that can they? So they hung out at a bar together in MoP, no 2 straight men in the history of anything has that ever happened.
    As far as having children, why can't he just run around and have 10-30 bastard children that can then fight for the throne in later xpacs?
    I'm not against Blizzard making him homosexual, bi, straight, or anything else, but the Wranduin plot is just dumb and forced by people wanting it to happen.
    For a queen, it could be anyone. Some random citizen, another royal member. Hell, it could even be a BE or even a Gnome. Maybe he's into dwarves and they really get his motor revved. Maybe he likes furries and tails and really gets his rocks off to a Tauren, getting aroused at the thought of horns and multiple teets.
    Point is, let it goooooo, let it gooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    What about Khadgar???
    How about no, yeesh, I got like 3rd level cringe from that

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Velen-By the Light.

Alleria - Not even the Old Gods went that deep.

Tyrande- In 10.000 years i never see such a thing

Magni- Her feelings are soo...i can hear her...*moans*

Varian- Thats my boy.
    Greymane - MAY I SUGGST DOGGYSTYLE?

Tess - FATHER!

Saurfang - *visible confusion*

Sylvanas - *looking away* Is he finished yet?

Gallywix - I think he's just getting started

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Greymane - MAY I SUGGST DOGGYSTYLE?

Tess - FATHER!

Saurfang - *visible confusion*

Sylvanas - *looking away* Is he finished yet?

Gallywix - I think he's just getting started
    My god...GOLD STAR!!
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4