Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Any news on legendary system for bFa?

Legion legendaries system was a complete failure that caused alot of players to stop playing simply because without the correct legendary, alot of classes still to this day can not compete with players who were lucky enough to get their favoured legendary.

is there any news on if the legendary system will change in bFa?

They said in an interview at blizzcon that they'll not continue with this random dropping legendary system

Source

Yes, it's gone in BfA woohoo

Deleted
    There could still be legendaries though, just going by one of the older systems of MoP cloak/WoD ring or BC glaives/Wrath axe. The way he says it:
    The system of 100 or some odd legendaries that just drop randomly for any activity potentially, that will not be a presence in Battle for Azeroth.
    makes me thing that they will exist in some form.

If they do it'll most likely they'll make it like it used to be in MoP and WoD where you do quests through the current content and at the end you're awarded a legendary piece of gear like a ring or something.

Though I think they said they'll use the Heart of Azeorth thing to replace legendaries as a whole or did I misunderstand that?

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    There could still be legendaries though, just going by one of the older systems of MoP cloak/WoD ring or BC glaives/Wrath axe. The way he says it:

makes me thing that they will exist in some form.
    Well of course they'll exist. We haven't had an expansion where we *didn't* have legendaries as end-game content. I hope they go back to the MoP/WoD version of legendaries - spending the entire expansion working towards a major reward was great.

Though honestly, I don't really care that much if we go back to the original questline/random boss drop legendaries of Vanilla - Cata. I'm just happy legiondaries won't be a thing anymore. Easily my least favorite part of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Legion legendaries system was a complete failure that caused alot of players to stop playing simply because without the correct legendary, alot of classes still to this day can not compete with players who were lucky enough to get their favoured legendary.

is there any news on if the legendary system will change in bFa?
    This tired old assumption to support bias aside, BfA won't continue the Legendary system.

But I'm sure it'll have some system that'll also "cause a lot of players to stop playing", depending on whom one asks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This tired old assumption to support bias aside, BfA won't continue the Legendary system.

But I'm sure it'll have some system that'll also "cause a lot of players to stop playing", depending on whom one asks.
    settle down. you seem upset by facts and to of expressed that in terms of i can write 2 sentences with correct spelling. i can not help you there.

settle down. you seem upset by facts and to of expressed that in terms of i can write 2 sentences with correct spelling. i can not help you there.
    Your post had neither facts nor correct spelling. Though the lack of facts is the real issue here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Your post had neither facts nor correct spelling. Though the lack of facts is the real issue here.
    Thankyou everyone apart from the previous 2 posts excluding mine.

very helpful enjoy the rest of your holidays

Seeing as how your posts contain neither facts nor correct spelling, I'm starting to realize what you are.

Can't help you with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seeing as how your posts contain neither facts nor correct spelling, I'm starting to realize what you are.

Can't help you with that.
    no need to keep posting for attention now. question was answered long ago. mods feel free to lock it.

hey everyone else apart from the poster quoted here. Thank you for your help and answering my question

no need to keep posting for attention now. question was answered long ago. mods feel free to lock it.

hey everyone else apart from the poster quoted here. Thank you for your help and answering my question
    Look who's talking. And banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    Well of course they'll exist. We haven't had an expansion where we *didn't* have legendaries as end-game content. I hope they go back to the MoP/WoD version of legendaries - spending the entire expansion working towards a major reward was great.
    No it's not. legendaries should never last more than one tier. Those stupid legendaries since MOP have made rerolling a nightmare. Plus you already had the AP grind thst at least had a catch-up system.

In all honestly, easiest way to make this would be to simply make the top titanforged orange... if you get a 985 it's orange, have fun... boring, but that's what it is, a very rare drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerjompa View Post
    They said in an interview at blizzcon that they'll not continue with this random dropping legendary system

Source
    I think that's a shame. Blizzard seems to overreact in situations like this. The Legion legendary system would have been awesome if it was limited to utility based Legendries. The problem was the need for specific legendries that provide insane performance increases based off of luck.

Blizzard always swings from one side of the pendulum to the other with most of their decision making. I agree I probably would not have hated the legendary system as much if it was purely utility based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    No it's not. legendaries should never last more than one tier. Those stupid legendaries since MOP have made rerolling a nightmare. Plus you already had the AP grind thst at least had a catch-up system.

In all honestly, easiest way to make this would be to simply make the top titanforged orange... if you get a 985 it's orange, have fun... boring, but that's what it is, a very rare drop.
    and then the next tier comes, the ilvl cap is increased and your legendary is worse than a green.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You didn't even play MoP/WoD, did you? They increased the drop chances for the past steps with every patch. I ended up getting my legendary cloak AND ring on my alt in little over a week at the end of the expansion.

Also you seem to forget that legendaries as far back as BC lasted for longer than a tier. Atiesh was used up to Gruul's/Mags. Warglaives were required to get past Brutallus. Val'anyr was being used even in ICC. Dragonwrath was being used in Dragon Soul. Legendaries SHOULD be something that lasts the entire expansion. They SHOULDN'T be something that defines how your spec plays - like Legion legendaries. They should be rewarding, hard to acquire items that gives you a BOOST to your performance, not have your performance rely on it.

Legendary should be treated just like their name says, probably the best way is to make a very low drop from the final raid boss in mythic, something like Invincible from Lich King (that is a legendary mount in my opinion, that's why the ultra low drop rate), or make something to work for like Shadowmourne, and the guild help out the lucky guy/gal that has the long crazy ass quest chain to finally obtain the legendary.

Not everyone should be awarded a legendary. The MoP/WoD system was ok but it felt like more a epic long ass chain quest reward then a legendary, probably because again everyone had the quest.
    Last edited by Taliesinjoe; 2017-12-28 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays they are legendary in name only, it's either a long boring quest line or some common place RNG shit like Legion. How are they legendary if everyone has it? I was fine with certain classes only getting 1 in an expansion, well it sucked in pvp but now we have the mechanics to disable them. I think either way they go I will not enjoy it if they put them in BFA.

I was under the impression that we just focus on the azerite piece and that replaces legendaries which is fine by me.