Thread: Patch Content

Patch Content

For the most part, each major patch brings a new landmass or area with some new stuff to do there.

So far we know the 6 original zones for BfA. Where do you think the next couple places will be?
    Another island added offshore, or maybe underwater?
    Something completely out of the way, like Argus? Maybe K'aresh?
    Some place in one of the 6 zones they never finish on time and then add in on a patch?
    Something completely redone in the old world?

I could see any of them happening with how generic it is starting off.

To add, we know Azshara is coming, so that gives some clues.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-12-27 at 09:56 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ny'alotha.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    For the most part, each major patch brings a new landmass or area with some new stuff to do there.

So far we know the 6 original zones for BfA. Where do you think the next couple places will be?
    Another island added offshore, or maybe underwater?
    Something completely out of the way, like Argus? Maybe K'aresh?
    Some place in one of the 6 zones they never finish on time and then add in on a patch?
    Something completely redone in the old world?

I could see any of them happening with how generic it is starting off.
    I'm anticipating Nazjatar being raised from the ocean's depths and a visit down into Ny'alotha as an "Air Bubble City" where we're underwater but the underwater sections are minimal compared to, say, Vash'jr.

Might also get to visit the Dragon Isles, but I really don't anticipate anything larger than that, really. K'aresh and Elune seem more like expansion rather than patch content... Then again, I'd have said the same thing about Argus, once, so who knows?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ny'alotha.
    That would be awesome if it raised from the ocean floor, full naga cities and shit.

That would be one patch, so hopefully we will get two awesome new places.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be awesome if it raised from the ocean floor, full naga cities and shit.
    Nah, it should be below the ocean. Without swim mechanics - you would actually walk on the seafloor., similar to Helheim.

Above the ocean? It would be too bright. Ny'alotha is dark, cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I'm anticipating Nazjatar being raised from the ocean's depths and a visit down into Ny'alotha as an "Air Bubble City" where we're underwater but the underwater sections are minimal compared to, say, Vash'jr.

Might also get to visit the Dragon Isles, but I really don't anticipate anything larger than that, really. K'aresh and Elune seem more like expansion rather than patch content... Then again, I'd have said the same thing about Argus, once, so who knows?
    With the Ethereals getting new models and some screen time on Argus, I feel like we are going to be dealing with them one way or another. The questions is just where?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Nah, it should be below the ocean. Without swim mechanics - you would actually walk on the seafloor., similar to Helheim.

Above the ocean? It would be too bright. Ny'alotha is dark, cold.
    Could have both, like a cooler Azjol'Nerub underground.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't doubt we'll deal with the Ethereals more, in the near future. I just feel like it'll be it's own Expansion. Like ...

"World of Warcraft: The Great Dark Beyond"

And then we'll hit Elune to hang out with a bunch of Moon Elves who have been mapping the cosmos for millennia on end so that when the Night Elves were ready they could join their spacefaring cousins and head out into the Great Dark where we get one or two zones of content on K'aresh and another two on Fibbligibbit and three over on C'n't'g'rabe'r before we fight against the Void Lords wherever they are, or seek to keep them from getting access to our little part of the galaxy through some BS "Light Bulwark" where we connect a bunch of stars together and make a giant Naaru-scented Forcefield across space and time.

Things like that.

I could be (and probably am) wrong, though! On many points.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Since we know Azshara will show up and a high possibility of Nzoth showing up, it will probably be Nazjatar for Azshara and something like Argus patch (3 zones) for Nzoth (It could be Ny'alotha, Black Forest and some other zone )

I could see them having Thal'dranath added as a small kick of Elven content with the Azshara stuff.

Perhaps it was Old God content they just decided to stave off instead of sprinkling into Legion any more.

Tel'Abim?
    Kezan? (A 120 dungeon is going to be set there, maybe we'll get to see more later.)
    The Darkspear Islands?
    Plunder Isle and/or Hiji?

Gillijim's Isle and the Island of Doctor Lapidis? (TECHNICALLY zones by this name still exists on live servers but it's an empty patch of sea well past the fatigue border and was supposed to be in classic before it got cut.)
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20070915163936
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090904145407

Just to rattle off a few.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Nazjatar,

with a epic cinematic of the city rising from the ocean with hundreds of naga dancing the Empero's new grove song but instead of being "Kuzco" it will be "Whats her name?!AZSHARA!!!", the oceans swallow the coasts and boats and when the city is finally on the surface, Azshara appears in all her glory with a quick glance to the camera before the title "Azshara new's grove."
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-12-27 at 10:46 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

That would be one patch, so hopefully we will get two awesome new places.
    I think you confuse it with Nazjatar. Ny'alotha is probably some kind of Old Gods/Void realm (Illgynoth said he will "travel to Nyalotha" after we kill him).

And yeah, I think Nazjatar will be Argus of this expac. Entrance will probably pop up between Kul Tiras and Zandalar, whole last chapter will be "let's stop fighting and defeat N'zoth".

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Zin'azshari,

with a epic cinematic of the city rising from the ocean with hundreds of naga dancing the Empero's new grove song but instead of being "Kuzco" it will be "Whats her name?!AZSHARA!!!", the oceans swallow the coasts and boats and when the city is finally on the surface, Azshara appears in all her glory with a quick glance to the camera before the title "Azshara new's grove."
    Nope, Azshara will be Guldan of this expac - last boss of second big raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nope, Azshara will be Guldan of this expac - last boss of second big raid.
    Do you call yourself Dracullus because you love to suck the fun out of things for people?

Darktbs was clearly making a joke, nothing serious.

I'd say:
    - 8.0.5 (Zandalar) Ul'dir with Prophet Zul and his followers worshipping the Blood Loa
    - 8.1.5 (Kul'Tiras) Plunder Island raid
    - 8.2.5 (between Kul'Tiras/Zandalar/Broken Isles) Nazjatar, the Nagas city built on the ruins of the Ny'alotha part that lays in the physical world
    - 8.3.5 (Shadowlands) we discover that Ny'alotha existed in the Shadowlands too and that part is the heart of corruption of Azeroth. We discover that N'Zoth managed to join that plane and is completing the nascent Titan's corruption with sacrifices with Prophet Zul's help.