They did it with the legendary cloak in Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    doubt it, devs seem to dont want to force people into pvp
    More like the devs don't like PvP.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    More likely it will be PVE with a PVP flavour.
    It's probably going to be an early introduction to the new warfront system or whatever it's called. Like the broken shore but instead of legion mobs it'll be the enemy faction pushing to set up the layout of BfA proper so we go in to it with the lines already drawn.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the big selling points/changes of BFA is that players can "100% opt out" of PvP. So there's literally no chance that the expansion launch event would force players into PvP combat.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Killing NPCs from the opposite faction hardly counts as PvP.
    This. /thread

I am surprised they are making PvP such a selling point of BfA. They did the same thing with MoP and while the expansion is remembered fondly no one even remembers the PvP aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Seeing as all of this talk about some sort of battle of lordaeron and plenty of other battles, I've seen Is it safe to say that this Is gonna be a huge world PVP pre event for the expansion Is it?
    It'll be a against the oppose faction and there will certinly be pvp as an option, probably a quest like the old ones we got in G. Hills but there's no way it'll be forced pvp. The normal version will be against npcs

which is a good thing.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I am surprised they are making PvP such a selling point of BfA. They did the same thing with MoP and while the expansion is remembered fondly no one even remembers the PvP aspects of it.
    What? Ask any PvP player and they'll tell you that MoP was probably the best PvP expansion. PvP doesn't need much. Add a few new BGs? Fine, but it's not that important. What's important is that the classes and balance aren't total garbage. Just look at Legion. No one wants to play or watch PvP anymore (streams with the highest viewer counts are now PvE raids (sometimes even normal raids )) simply because it's not enjoyable. No one wants to see the same dumbed down retribution paladin/frost dk etc. randomly two shot people over and over again. No one wants to see RBGs with 3x Mistweaver heal in every team and other class stacking shenanigans. Legion completely destroyed what was left of the PvP community and I highly doubt BfA will be any better.
    I think Blizzard simply gave up on PvP once they realised that they've failed to establish WoW as an e-sport game and now they don't give a single flying fuck about PvP. All that's left is repetetive mind numbing PvE content with a few random modifiers placed on top.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-12-27 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What? Ask any PvP player and they'll tell you that MoP was probably the best PvP expansion. PvP doesn't need much. Add a few new BGs? Fine, but it's not that important. What's important is that the classes and balance aren't total garbage. Just look at Legion. No one wants to play or watch PvP anymore (streams with the highest viewer counts are now PvE raids (sometimes even normal raids )) simply because it's not enjoyable. No one wants to see the same dumbed down retribution paladin/frost dk etc. randomly two shot people over and over again. No one wants to see RBGs with 3 Mistweaver heal in every team and other class stacking shenanigans. Legion completely destroyed what was left of the PvP community and I highly doubt BfA will be any better.
    I think Blizzard simply gave up on PvP once they realised that they've failed to establish WoW as an e-sport game and now they don't give a single flying fuck about PvP. Now all that's left is repetetive mind numbing PvE content with a few random modifiers placed on top.
    I don't refer to PvP balance, I refer to "HORDE VS ALLIANCE" at Blizzcon, the PvP quests and the PvP patch. "The war between alliance and horde" was literally what they used to sell the expansion.

PvP balance can be achieved, or not, in any expansion regardless of theme.

Seeing as all of this talk about some sort of battle of lordaeron and plenty of other battles, I've seen Is it safe to say that this Is gonna be a huge world PVP pre event for the expansion Is it?
    No wai! If they did that the tears would flood Azeroth.....

Maybe that is the secret of the next x-pac! The tears of the players (from the pvp event) flood Azeroth allowing Queen Azshara to rise from the depths with her naga!

Seriously though,

I would love to see it but there is a portion of the player base that avoids pvp like the plague......

It's a strange dynamic in a game that is all based around Alliance vs. Horde. You would think it would be mostly a pvp game, but players only seem to like to fight the other faction if the computer is controlling it....

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    No wai! If they did that the tears would flood Azeroth.....

Maybe that is the secret of the next x-pac! The tears of the players (from the pvp event) flood Azeroth allowing Queen Azshara to rise from the depths with her naga!

Seriously though,

I would love to see it but there is a portion of the player base that avoids pvp like the plague......

It's a strange dynamic in a game that is all based around Alliance vs. Horde. You would think it would be mostly a pvp game, but players only seem to like to fight the other faction if the computer is controlling it....
    i think is more because lorewise one side needs to win so npcs lose players win, win win
    like theramore scenarios and https://wow.gamepedia.com/Domination_Point_(scenario) or https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lion%27s_Landing_(scenario)
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Why are raiders so obsessed with keeping the gear treadmill in raiding, when it clearly has worked fine for the last 13 years?
    I fixed your question to perhaps allow you to answer yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    What a load of horseshit. Let's be conservative and say you play one BG an hour. So 50 battleground in those 50 hours. You are saying, it took you 50 battle grounds to get 3 wins? If I put a rock at my keyboard he'd have a better win loss ratio than that. (Now let's look at the fact that BGs don't take an hour, you could easily fit 3-4 BGs in one hour)

It's okay to not like being forced to do gameplay you don't like. But don't make up bullshit estimates please.
    You're ignoring the 12-20 minute wait times between bgs if you were on the wrong faction side. I agree that the horrible win ratio is unlikely, but statistically speaking it's entirely possible to lose a bunch of games in a row - especially if you're on Ragnaros-US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Wouldn't be the first time they forced the pve crowd into pvp situations. MoP Cloak chain anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I fixed your question to perhaps allow you to answer yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

You're ignoring the 12-20 minute wait times between bgs if you were on the wrong faction side. I agree that the horrible win ratio is unlikely, but statistically speaking it's entirely possible to lose a bunch of games in a row - especially if you're on Ragnaros-US.
    Yeah, but not 50 hours worth of losses. Sorry but that's just not possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are it will work like Landfall in WOP and the warden towers in Legion.
    Aye mate

7+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt it. They know most players don't want to do PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when they had the audacity to make the best item in the game at the time (The MOP legendary cloak) require the OH SO CHALLENGING "win two battlegrounds" requirement and everyone lost their shit?

I doubt that'll happen again, regardless of whether the outrage was justified or not.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Safe to say? How are "lore battles/faction conflicts" in any way related to ingame PvP? There is no connection yet. Nothing PvP related has been presented so far in BfA(except one BG and PvP toggle which is PvE quality of life thing anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    One of the big selling points/changes of BFA is that players can "100% opt out" of PvP. So there's literally no chance that the expansion launch event would force players into PvP combat.
    thank you. finally...many people assume BfA is PvP expansion when the only feature presented so far is an option to avoid it completely

operation murloc freedom.

that is all.