Thread: Honest question

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Honest question

Right at the outset, I don't want to hear from people who want the game turned back to prior to 2.0. Got it. This post isn't for you. Please don't derail it. For the rest who want Vanilla WoW, but don't want to lose the quality of life adjustments that have come since (dual specs/quick spec change, LFR/LFM, class balance/changes), why do you want to go back to vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    don't want to hear from people who want the game turned back to prior to 2.0. Got it. This post isn't for you.
    This topic got alot of potential

For the rest who want Vanilla WoW, but don't want to lose the quality of life adjustments...why do you want to go back to vanilla?
    Well it's been 90 minutes and no replies from this crowd. I think it's safe to say everyone who claims to want adjustments is a troll. They don't really want to play vanilla.

I would be happy experiencing the pre-Cata world where Barrens was one zone and Thousand Needles wasn't full of water. While sure it's not strictly vanilla, but I don't see a pro-WOTLK or Burning Crusade movement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    I would be happy experiencing the pre-Cata world where Barrens was one zone and Thousand Needles wasn't full of water. While sure it's not strictly vanilla, but I don't see a pro-WOTLK or Burning Crusade movement.
    I honestly hope classic branches out to include TBC and Wotlk, moreso Wotlk as when I played then that was the peak of the game for me - it's absolute best iteration.

Why do you want to go back to vanilla?
    Want to tank and complete Naxxramas and not being a boring tank class while doing so. Since i never got the chance to do so last time around.
    After that i whould if(when) i could continue playing TBC. Classic isn't realy my thing since TBC took everything of Classic and improved it.
    Last edited by Zulatomten; 2017-12-28 at 02:41 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right at the outset, I don't want to hear from people who want the game turned back to prior to 2.0. Got it. This post isn't for you. Please don't derail it. For the rest who want Vanilla WoW, but don't want to lose the quality of life adjustments that have come since (dual specs/quick spec change, LFR/LFM, class balance/changes), why do you want to go back to vanilla?
    If anything it would be just to have fun 1 shotting people with my Enhance Shaman. Other than that there is 100x better things to do post Vanilla.

So many of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sick of playing on poor Vanilla private servers, that might go down any second (and they do) as well as fearing Blizzard will punish me for playin on these.

I miss Vanilla, the game was different then and in my opinion, a lot better. To me, these convinient things are not good! Back then it felt like a REAL mmorpg, where you had to put effort. I have some bad memories but the bad parts of Vanilla were a lot less than the good parts.

I just want an original Vanilla server that is reliable and "legal" to play on from a Blizzard-ToS view.

The fact that I HATE Legion more than any other game also makes me miss it further more.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Surprisingly quiet, I'm curious as to the answer myself.

From what I've gathered in this thread it's 2 in the *Prefer TBC and/or WotLK but will take what I can get*, 1 for dickin around, and 1 who didn't understand the "this post isn't for you" part.

If people want Legion gameplay, but vanilla content (the original content or "remastered"), then WoW Classic just isn't for them, as that's not the goal/purpose of it (and thus *most* of the discussions on this subforum are pointless).

Blizzard could very well though just always add vanilla raids/dungeons timewalking as well as the old zones as an alternative for lvling up (we already have silithus, blasted lands and dustwallow marsh where you can change the zone just by talking to an npc).

Well, I would love to changes to Vanilla, not Dual Spec (it would crush the economy), not LFR (lol, seriously?), not LFM.

The QoL changes I would like to see are auto loot option and better graveyards (seriously, why would you WANT to walk 10 minutes every wipe on a dungeon). Also, I know it is not possible, but the current netcode is far superior and if it was possible, I would rather have it instead.

As for balance changes, I wouldn't mind seeing Vanilla style changes. I would love if they added new strange items that could be used by "non viable" specs to try being viable, changes to debuff numbers that would shatter the current way raid teams are formed, things like that.

What I loved about WoW up to MoP was the fact that if you read every single item/talent in the game you could come up with some cool ideas that you could experiment or some strategies that would give an advantage (heck, I carried my high powered bolt gun for the whole MoP).

Vanilla definitely had a lot of those options that made a lot of "strange" choices work, but since the game has been out for so long that most of them have been found and are common place. I wouldn't mind having new ones to go through.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

The vanilla people want only exists in their imgination anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    The QoL changes I would like to see are auto loot option and better graveyards (seriously, why would you WANT to walk 10 minutes every wipe on a dungeon).
    So you want failure to be unpunished? Legion is what you want. Also, before WoW, there were MMOs where you'd lose XP after death, sometimes items. So having to "walk 10 minutes" was nothing. Also 10 minutes is a huge exaggeration.

As for balance changes, I wouldn't mind seeing Vanilla style changes. I would love if they added new strange items that could be used by "non viable" specs to try being viable, changes to debuff numbers that would shatter the current way raid teams are formed, things like that.
    Again with nonviable specs nonsense. The fact that the spec wasn't meant for raiding, doesn't mean it's not viable. I also find it funny how people never clarify non viable for what. It's like raiding is all there is. WoTLK has take it toll after all.

What I loved about WoW up to MoP was the fact that if you read every single item/talent in the game you could come up with some cool ideas that you could experiment or some strategies that would give an advantage (heck, I carried my high powered bolt gun for the whole MoP).

Vanilla definitely had a lot of those options that made a lot of "strange" choices work, but since the game has been out for so long that most of them have been found and are common place. I wouldn't mind having new ones to go through.
    One problem. Items aren't common place as these weren't welfare epics, it wasn't as simple to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    So you want failure to be unpunished? Legion is what you want. Also, before WoW, there were MMOs where you'd lose XP after death, sometimes items. So having to "walk 10 minutes" was nothing. Also 10 minutes is a huge exaggeration.

Again with nonviable specs nonsense. The fact that the spec wasn't meant for raiding, doesn't mean it's not viable. I also find it funny how people never clarify non viable for what. It's like raiding is all there is. WoTLK has take it toll after all.

One problem. Items aren't common place as these weren't welfare epics, it wasn't as simple to get them.
    So someone rolls a priest, and want to be a "dark priest" and do some damage in a raid, what will you say to him? Go Reroll? Same with Shaman, what about someone that wants to wield the thunder and lightning, and destroy his enemy? Go reroll too? Get a life plz
    Last edited by Specialka; 2017-12-28 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So someone rolls a priest, and want to be a "dark priest" and do some damage in a raid, what will you say to him? Go Reroll? Same with Shaman, what about someone that wants to wield the thunder and lightning, and destroy his enemy? Go reroll too? Get a life plz
    Yes. That's exactly what I'd say because it's exactly like rolling a mage and wanting to tank in raids.

Yes. That's exactly what I'd say because it's exactly like rolling a mage and wanting to tank in raids.
    Nope but i see it is useless to argue with you (Strawman much ), mainly because the classs is not describe like that when you create your character, Mage does not have a description like it can tank, but priest and shaman does have thing like deal dmg and so on. See you
    Last edited by Specialka; 2017-12-28 at 12:01 PM.

I want to play Vanilla because I like the sort of people it attracted. People who're willing to put in the effort and time to get something done.

If you add all QoL improvements from retail into Vanilla, it's basically the same as just doing an XP stop at 60 on live servers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Nope but i see it is useless to argue with you (Strawman much ). See you
    You're the one bending backwards trying to argue about something that worked in vanilla not the way it works nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    I want to play Vanilla because I like the sort of people it attracted. People who're willing to put in the effort and time to get something done.

If you add all QoL improvements from retail into Vanilla, it's basically the same as just doing an XP stop at 60 on live servers right now.
    From what I have seen on this forum, purists are more toxic than the rest of the community

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one bending backwards trying to argue about something that worked in vanilla not the way it works nowadays.
    Well, it did not work, did it? Priests are able to fulfill multiple role? Who took a priest as anything else as Holy or healer in raid in Vanilla? Who took a shaman as anything as healer in vanilla and so on? Desillusion much.