Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Win For Free Speech: Not Guilty Verdicts for Inauguration Day Protesters

So, Inauguration protests and the arrests have been developing in the background.

If anyone is forgetting or not in the know, there was a massive protest on Trump's Inauguration that turned nasty. Wide array of unconstitutional tactics alleged in suit over chilling round-up that hit peaceful protesters, journalists, and anarchists alike. DC cops sexually assaulting protesters as punishment nasty.
    After that, there was an attempt to charge 200+ protestors as a group, and it fell flat, one by one.

At least 42 defendants have won. Know why?

• It was not a close call. The prosecution admitted the morning of day one that they would present no evidence that any of the defendants committed any acts of violence or any vandalism.
    • Prosecution relied heavily on videos provided by Far Right groups and a Project Veritas music Video as evidence.

This is all about harassing people and trying to hurt them through the legal system. Huge overreach by the DOJ.

One of the things I'm thankful for is that this administration is so incompetent in general that they aren't even competent at being authoritarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    The protesters hurt Trump's feelings. Unfortunately for him that isn't (yet) against the law.
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Hmmm...The purpose of this article is to ensure that the judge frees the remaining few else face outrage because the result would be different from what the news told them. People worship news like a god and rarely actually check. I will monitor this. Thanks for the article.
    Alternatively, this is an issue that many people have great interest in and it makes sense to report any news on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Woah, I had no idea there were arrests on this. That's some dictatorship shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I don't know what's funnier, "Project Veritas" or "music video".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to be "Alternatively"? This is not a binary statement; both of these can be true at the same time. Its not even fuzzy; they don't have to be a composite that add up to 100% where one has a higher weight than the other.

All i am saying is due to the wording, and the """premature""" celebration on an ongoing case, there has to be an ulterior movie involved because not a single company on earth is this stupid to "accidentally" spoil a case.

- - - Updated - - -

The exact same thing happened with Obama and tea party people.
    The exact same thing happened with George Bush
    The exact same thing happened with Bill Clinton.

You are probably to young to remember, but so far, the only thing out of the ordinary is that even though polls show news stations in general are seen as garbage, but are being believed more and more even though they are constantly being proven the least accurate in decades.

You probably can't notice it because you are on the inside. So from your perspective, some new unique thing has happened and it has been worse than it ever has been...except the only thing that is "worse" is the response from the populace (mostly the left) not the actions of the government. Trump's tax bill saved me $3,000 and i am only in the 20% bracket. Do you understand how fucking amazing this is? Probably not; You probably want free schooling so you don't appreciate the free money.
    Bububububut it'll make your taxes go up!*

In 10 years when it expires under a democrat president wishing to "stick it to the rich" while actually hurting everyone.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    So, Inauguration protests and the arrests have been developing in the background.

If anyone is forgetting or not in the know, there was a massive protest on Trump's Inauguration that turned nasty. Wide array of unconstitutional tactics alleged in suit over chilling round-up that hit peaceful protesters, journalists, and anarchists alike. DC cops sexually assaulting protesters as punishment nasty.
    After that, there was an attempt to charge 200+ protestors as a group, and it fell flat, one by one.

At least 42 defendants have won. Know why?

• It was not a close call. The prosecution admitted the morning of day one that they would present no evidence that any of the defendants committed any acts of violence or any vandalism.
    • Prosecution relied heavily on videos provided by Far Right groups and a Project Veritas music Video as evidence.

This is all about harassing people and trying to hurt them through the legal system. Huge overreach by the DOJ.
    I'm generally a Trump supporter, but I'm an even bigger supporter of free speech, so I'm glad they're not being punished for using words.

Trump's tax bill saved me $3,000 and i am only in the 20% bracket. Do you understand how fucking amazing this is? Probably not; You probably want free schooling so you don't appreciate the free money.
    And you don't seem to understand that in the long run you will be paying much more in tax's. So enjoy that 3K you got now it won't last.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know what's funnier, "Project Veritas" or "music video".
    Or funnier the prosecutors tried to spin it into "evidence".

I'm all for them prosecuting people that commited property destruction. But the authorities couldn't be bothered to find those people and even present that evidence.
    But prosecuting people as a group for breathing the same air as those people is just wrong and violates all kind of rights.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shit. That won't happen if those of you that can vote, do go out and do vote. Don't allow major cities to change how you live while they don't have to change a single thing.
    Preaching to the choir. I view voting as a duty. If you don't speak, someone will for you.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Preaching to the choir. I view voting as a duty. If you don't speak, someone will for you.
    Another thing to add to that, if people can vote, go out and vote then they have the right to complain with something they don't like.. If people who can vote, don't vote then they have NO right to complain since they could not be bothered getting off their asses to vote..

10+ Year Old Account
    Your probably believe that there are poor people because rich people exist.
    I mean, the market is at it's core a market of scarcity- so yeah, if the scale is weighted heavier on one end the result is evident: there will be poor people.

It's a common misnomer to say people "make" money, it comes from somewhere and if one person has it another doesn't. That's why wealth inequality is a concern. That's the initial point of progressive tax rates and some forms of welfare.

I agree on a few of your other points, if you budget and are fortunate to have a job where investments or even nest egging is possible then it doesn't really matter who's in office. But to say the rich and poor don't have any relation to their economic statuses is wrong and inconsistent with the founding principles of our entire economy. It's the same ideals surrounding perpetual growth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Africa has over 100 settlements that does not have capitalism. They are still poor. North Koreans don't even know what capitalism is and are taught that it is evil but they are the most poor country in their region. Literally over 1 billion (objectively) poor people in China. Hundreds of Millions of Objectively poor people in rural parts of India.

Rich people didn't rob them of the wealth they never had. They simply never had wealth. Arguing that rich people is the reason why there are poor people is like arguing that Black people is the reason why there are white people; Sure we can contrive some facts together to make it, "Seem" true but its bullshit on the functional, "do you actually understand the words coming out of my mouth" level.

You want to build a system that rewards people pitty coins for being poor instead of helping to build a system that makes it so that people can actually pull themselves up by the socks and make something out of themselves.
    See this is the hilarious but inevitable point where you screech "COMMUNISTTTTT!" at the top of your lungs; you think all those poor people in China, India and North Korea don't produce anything? Notice how if you follow the chain of production the last guy holding the bag is usually absurdly well off? Have you seen Dubai? Abu Dhabi? Chengdu? Hell, Kim Jong lives like a king. Wealth and wealth inequality aren't solely capitalist in nature, it exists in every society- the goal is to balance and temper it with policy to keep the market stable.

Africa you could almost mark as an exception but even then the only thing of real value is gems, fossil fuels and ore; the majority of which are owned and sold, often times, by foreign or foreign funded super corporations.

The most responsible thing we can do is prepare the next generation for the realities of a shifting market while fostering better corporate stewardship among the employed populace- either people are able to make a healthy (but not overly indulgent) living off of their wages, or they will need their living costs to be subsidized. Alternatively, if we throw them out on their own and leave them with their socks and bootstraps to fend for themselves then they'll reenact the French Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    It's a common misnomer to say people "make" money, it comes from somewhere and if one person has it another doesn't. That's why wealth inequality is a concern. That's the initial point of progressive tax rates and some forms of welfare.
    No rich person has a scrooge mcduck money warehouse. "money" is never gone. When a rich person makes money, they turn around and reinvest it, which not only makes them richer, but makes the person they are investing with richer.

If you have a dollar and spend it on something, that dollar doesn't disappear. The person you bought the item from now has it. That person can then turn around and buy something you produce back from you for a dollar, and now not only do you have your dollar back, but you still have the item you purchased with it.

The more things that are created/produced, and the more money that is spent on things that are created/produced leads to more stuff & money we will all have.

As much as I may not think an athlete or an actor "deserves" their millions, the bottom line is they aren't hurting me at all by making those millions. In fact, I have a lot of entertainment available at reasonable low prices in exchange for them making their millions. So entertainers making millions actually benefits me. The same goes for corporations. Bill Gates' & Steve Jobs' billions have benefited my life tremendously even though I'm not seeing a penny of their billions. What I'm seeing and receiving is the product that was made that allowed them to make those billions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    No rich person has a scrooge mcduck money warehouse. "money" is never gone. When a rich person makes money, they turn around and reinvest it, which not only makes them richer, but makes the person they are investing with richer.

If you have a dollar and spend it on something, that dollar doesn't disappear. The person you bought the item from now has it. That person can then turn around and buy something you produce back from you for a dollar, and now not only do you have your dollar back, but you still have the item you purchased with it.

The more things that are created/produced, and the more money that is spent on things that are created/produced leads to more stuff & money we will all have.

As much as I may not think an athlete or an actor "deserves" their millions, the bottom line is they aren't hurting me at all by making those millions. In fact, I have a lot of entertainment available at reasonable low prices in exchange for them making their millions. So entertainers making millions actually benefits me. The same goes for corporations. Bill Gates' & Steve Jobs' billions have benefited my life tremendously even though I'm not seeing a penny of their billions. What I'm seeing and receiving is the product that was made that allowed them to make those billions.
    Which is how it would work- in a perfect world, or at least one where there was actual ethical motivation. The trouble in present reality is there is no 1 to 1 trade, a rising number of people get paid that one dollar but over time the price of the item they would have bought previously is now 1.25. Wages have remained stagnant and inflation has risen substantially.

It's not a crusade against wealthy people but something isn't right when board of directors are cutting themselves checks in the millions while their workers apply for food stamps. Apple, Microsoft; shit- the NFL is one of the few who does pay their employees well- even their support and logistics staff make 40k+ out the gate, and there are other companies as well- Costco is a great example, Aldi's in the US is picking up business because go figure your employees are more efficient if they're respectfully compensated.

A lot of it is just basic living expenses- entertainment is one of the few aspects of life that have gotten cheaper over the years; but housing, medical, school, automobile and insurance costs have all sky rocketed compared to income over the past three decades and that's the problem a lot of us on the "liberal left" are concerned about.

Which is how it would work- in a perfect world, or at least one where there was actual ethical motivation. The trouble in present reality is there is no 1 to 1 trade, a rising number of people get paid that one dollar but over time the price of the item they would have bought previously is now 1.25. Wages have remained stagnant and inflation has risen substantially.
    Some things now cost $1.25, but many things now cost .75 or .50 cent in comparison. I bought my first computer 20 years ago for nearly $2,000 and it was a middle-to-bottom level PC. You could spend $3,000 to $5,000 for a high end PC back then. I could get an equivalent brand new PC now for a few hundred $$. Consoles and console games from 40 years ago cost the same as they cost now - not adjusted for inflation, but actual price.

Even with stagnant wages, we have way more "stuff" now than we did 20, 30, & 40 years ago. And I would speculate that's largely due to free trade and an open economy.

It's not a crusade against wealthy people but something isn't right when board of directors are cutting themselves checks in the millions while their workers apply for food stamps. Apple, Microsoft; shit- the NFL is one of the few who does pay their employees well- even their support and logistics staff make 40k+ out the gate, and there are other companies as well- Costco is a great example, Aldi's in the US is picking up business because go figure your employees are more efficient if they're respectfully compensated.
    This is an example of the free market working.

Trump's tax bill saved me $3,000 and i am only in the 20% bracket.
    I'm saving 3,250 personally. And that's not even to mention the crap ton of money i'm saving from my business with that tax plan. I can hire 3 more ppl next year :O

Deleted
    If these petty people could control their childish emotions, they wouldnt have been arrested to begin with.

Maybe you don't like the election outcome, that's possible. Then focus on the next election and try to do do better.
    If you start violent riots and attack the police, you deserve to be punished.

Why does it have to be "Alternatively"? This is not a binary statement; both of these can be true at the same time. Its not even fuzzy; they don't have to be a composite that add up to 100% where one has a higher weight than the other.

All i am saying is due to the wording, and the """premature""" celebration on an ongoing case, there has to be an ulterior movie involved because not a single company on earth is this stupid to "accidentally" spoil a case.

- - - Updated - - -

The exact same thing happened with Obama and tea party people.
    The exact same thing happened with George Bush
    The exact same thing happened with Bill Clinton.

You are probably to young to remember, but so far, the only thing out of the ordinary is that even though polls show news stations in general are seen as garbage, but are being believed more and more even though they are constantly being proven the least accurate in decades.

You probably can't notice it because you are on the inside. So from your perspective, some new unique thing has happened and it has been worse than it ever has been...except the only thing that is "worse" is the response from the populace (mostly the left) not the actions of the government. Trump's tax bill saved me $3,000 and i am only in the 20% bracket. Do you understand how fucking amazing this is? Probably not; You probably want free schooling so you don't appreciate the free money.
    The tax bill will also add hundreds of billions of dollars to the deficit every single year. You can thank unborn generations for that money, because that is who is paying for it.

Can you cite the source where news sources are the "least accurate in decades?"