Poll: When are you going to start playing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    It depends on when are they going to enable flight, and the quality and quantity of timegated content, which current devs seem to have a hard-on for. I am certainly not pre-ordering, and in the meantime I will keep my long elven ears alert, just in case that we get a WoD 2.0

Deleted
    I'm gonna pre-order as soon as the pre-order is available. Usually I hate pre-ordering, but it's WoW, I know well enough that I will play it day 1 whatever it is about just because it is WoW.

As soon as my collector's edition box arrives. Which ought to be day of release, but once or twice has been a day or two after.

On day 1 like most of the xpacs i have played

Also Pineapple on pizza is ok...

Deleted
    Going to skip BfA - it looks shite.

With them keeping the "artifact power" mechanic I'm already disappointed. Basically being locked out of switching specs(basically made alts nonfunctional in raids unless you're a complete poopsocker) mid tier is just bonkers. I just hope it isnt as penalizing as ap was on release. What's even more disheartening is the fact that classic servers wont be up til at least a year after BFA. Sooo. I'll probably going the steam or console route. Or god forbid...more rl shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    With them keeping the "artifact power" mechanic I'm already disappointed. Basically being locked out of switching specs(basically made alts nonfunctional in raids unless you're a complete poopsocker) mid tier is just bonkers. I just hope it isnt as penalizing as ap was on release. What's even more disheartening is the fact that classic servers wont be up til at least a year after BFA. Sooo. I'll probably going the steam or console route. Or god forbid...more rl shit.
    It's character wide, 1 item, works for all specs. The new "AP" is not spec'd locked.

Mmmm. Thats better than I thought it would be. Still another alt killer but not a dealbreaker. I really wish Classic would get more news updates/development urgency. They already said they have the ability/capability of relaunching the game. The wait i bet is staffing, logistics, maintaining and deciding how much to allocate. Which could take awhile since i doubt they see it as a huge cash cow. So no fire up anyone's ass=notta damn thing getting done.

Edit: They also have to decide QoL implementation. At this point idgaf either way, but i do hope a bunch of crap gets added like aoe loot aaaand just to cause butthurt lfg tool. AAAnd upon using said tool you get the achievement "Slippery Slope" lol
    Last edited by jontunnel130; 2017-12-28 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most exciting time in expansion is the first days. Everything is new, dozens of bosses, undergeared people learning mechanics, heroics are hard, mythics are extra hard, crafts are useful.

If you plan on ever playing together with other people you better start the second it's released.
    Because otherwise you'll get to experience the joy that is the wow community with it's lunatic requirements for group content.

Deleted
    Ill take the week off again like always and play it at launch. Probably going to play 2 chars again just like I did at the start of Legion & every other exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevrex View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but since WoD and Legion, I'm starting to think that the best time to start playing an expansion is a couple of months later, rather than at the start.

You had to farm order resources for your artifact knowledge and queue a new research every 2 days.
    The broken shore, argus and suramar were time gated.
    Stuff like the class mount, had to wait like what, 3 months?
    I'm sure there are more stuff that I'm forgetting.

After playing for about 2 months since the release, I took a break. I came back when the last ToS LFR wing released.
    It was nice being able to do the full chains in all the zones with no interruptions. It felt like I had the whole content, rather than pieces of it.
    I could gear myself easily and my alts, I didn't need to do any research for the artifact knowledge and could unlock my artifact's traits so easily.

I don't think that these stuff should be super easy to do, but it feels like...Why work so hard for months, if I can do everything so easily with catch-up mechanics and removal of grinds, if I just wait?

TL;DR

Start playing the expansion when it releases and do the long grinds and face time gated content.

or

Wait a few months for catch-up mechanics,unlocked quests and removal of grindy systems.
    for me in case of BfA answear is pretty simple - when lfr will be fully open - no point subbing before blizzard fully opens content.

then gonna sub on and off - definetly wont stay subbed all time since if you dont chase the gear threadmill there is no point in staying subbed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will undoubtedly pre-order for all three of my accounts, and I'll be playing release night. Like Legion, I'll rush my main to max level, to begin gearing up for raiding. And for my alts, I typically level two more fairly soon afterwards, and put the remainder on hold until flight is a thing.

I will have logged hundreds of hours before the game even comes out. If you don't plan on playing on launch then you are a casual. No two ways to solve it. Launches are when the game is the most healthy and have been getting progressively better each time so there is no reason to not be interested. If some one told me they were waiting to join legion until 3 months in I would just advise them not to bother.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

like previous expacs i'll take a few days to a week of PTO start at launch and do a grind to max level and gearing.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It depends on when are they going to enable flight, and the quality and quantity of timegated content, which current devs seem to have a hard-on for. I am certainly not pre-ordering, and in the meantime I will keep my long elven ears alert, just in case that we get a WoD 2.0
    No longer possible to get a wod 2.0 with mythic plus, titanforge, and ap like systems so nothing to hesitate on there unless you see them lie about everything that was discussed at blizzcon
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Start playing the expansion at its release.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if I'll even play it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No longer possible to get a wod 2.0 with mythic plus, titanforge, and ap like systems so nothing to hesitate on there unless you see them lie about everything that was discussed at blizzcon
    I won't take them at their word. I prefer to see the finished product and how it works out.