Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    At least the prequels were trying. The new movies are just pandering.
    Watch the Plinkett prequel reviews if you think George Lucas put even an iota of effort into the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Watch the Plinkett prequel reviews if you think George Lucas put even an iota of effort into the prequels.
    At least Lucas had a three movie story arc planned, that's more than you can say for this trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    At least Lucas had a three movie story arc planned, that's more than you can say for this trilogy.
    Sure but the easiness of making a prequel is you know how it ends. The new movies are all over the place but they aren't the consistently lazy and boring trash that the prequels are. Some of the problems in the sequels have their origins in the prequels too. The new movies have tried their best to retcon the midichlorian nonsense but it still lingers regardless and results in the movies making even less sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Right, that's why he made sure to have Luke and Leia have that incestuous french kiss in Empire Strikes Back. Totally critical for the storytelling, right?

Or maybe they weren't related in A New Hope/Empire, and he retconned that in RotJ. Lucas is the king of retconning his own works.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right, that's why he made sure to have Luke and Leia have that incestuous french kiss in A New Hope. Totally critical for the storytelling, right?

Or maybe they weren't related in A New Hope, and he retconned that in later films. Lucas is the king of retconning his own works.
    Was talking about the prequel trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Missed my point. The prequels were at least trying to be actual movies. The new movies are just trying to appeal to millenials.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    They didn't let the Galaxy fall, they did what they could to stop Sidious from taking over but failed. It was prudent because if they went up against the Empire they were dead. Instead they bided thier time and kept a watch on the Skywalker twins. Those 10000s were dead regardless of what Obi-wan and Yoda did, they would have just added their corpses to the pile and then no one would have been around to train Luke.
    how is sitting in a swamp doing what they could? the last of the jedi were being hunted by the empire yet neither obi-wan or yoda lift a finger to help any of them. i'm not saying they should have fought the empire by them self's but they could have done literally any thing to help the last of the jedi or the lesser people yet they didn't. as far as i know the only time obi-wan helped any one was when the kid from rebels found him and thats only because he didn't have to get off his dirt farm to do it, yoda didn't do a dam thing. also they did a pretty shit job watching the skywalker twins as leia was captured by vader and the only reason obi-wan even knew was because of r2d2

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't Gendalf just summon the eagles at the beginning of the movie? Oh wait, wrong movie plot hole.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Missed my point. The prequels were at least trying to be actual movies. The new movies are just trying to appeal to millenials.
    They weren't trying to be actual movies. The new ones have effort put into them by serious filmmakers even if they are either too derivative, political or inconsistent. The prequels were a lazy excuse by Lucas to make toys that were made with as little effort as possible. Again, watch the Plinkett reviews as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why didn't Gendalf just summon the eagles at the beginning of the movie? Oh wait, wrong movie plot hole.
    Goddamit.

10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's also the concept of "need to know". Poe's not a major officer. And he'd just gotten demoted for a stupid-ass decision he'd made, which throws his judgement into question.
    He is supposed to be well known, even close to a hero of the resistance. He is trusted with command of the flight forces in action. He is trusted with covert ops by Leia as shown in the very first minutes of TFA. Saying he is no major officer is cute and might be a big concern for a rigid military structure like the TNO, but we are talking about a resistance group here that does this probably without a paycheck..

8. Why did Admiral Akhbar die?
    If anything, they should have left Holdo out of the movie entirely if they were going to kill the admiral. They would place him instead of her to "suicide" by lightspeed. I am obviously ignoring the fact that a droid or autopilot would have been enough aswell. Atleast he would have had a role. The mistake here I make is that no one would "suspect" the admiral to maybe betray the alliance. While Holdo is a new face and we would question her motives. But this falls so flat anyway... why not give a beloved character a grand goodbye - and as the ship would go into lightspeed, he would yell: HAHAHAHA, IT IS A TRAP!!!!!
    I just want to point out that by now in the expanded universe he had already died from old age years before this movie was set to happen in star wars. Him being alive youthfull and defering to leah for fleet tactics was stupid to begin with.

Deleted
    Becuse the Sauron? can see through the eyes of animals....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Becuse the Sauron? can see through the eyes of animals....
    Animals... you mean hobbits?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I struggle to buy into many of the criticisms I see of the film in this thread because of this:

"The bomber makes no sense because there'd be no gravity"

Guess what everyone, in space there is basically no sound. So out of all 9 SW movies we've had so far, only one of them was scientifically accurate for about 30 seconds.

That's not a 'point', it's just hyperbolic silliness. Not only were they clearly trying to be actual movies, since you saw it in a movie theater I am going to guess they succeeded and actually were movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Can we... can we elaborate some here gentlemen? Something more specific than "worst movie" "worst script" "boring." Have you even seen the prequels?

Worst script is a very very strong statement considering we have lines from other movies in this series like "You under-estimate my POWER!" and "My heart is beating, hoping that kiss doesn't become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me." We can point to the 50 Shades and Twilight series for superior writing to the prequels. It's really no contest here guys.

The writing and acting in TFA and TLJ is MILES beyond any of the amateur cringey shit in the prequels.

Let's just be honest here. If your nonsensical fan theories didn't come true, just come out with that! It's a fair reason to be disappointed with TLJ. And all of us here collectively would support and comfort you.

But if you're just going into a slobbering rage over it and throwing out accusations of "shitty plot holes!" "worst script of all time!" "worst movie of all time!" "RIP Star Wars, FUUUUUU Disney!" we're gonna have a difficult time carrying on an intelligent adult conversation.
    TLJ summed up:
    - super slow space chase
    - Leia is basically Mary Poppins meme now
    - Fin and asian chick from This is 40 go on a pointless adventure to Las Vegas in space to save some fuckin horses
    - Luke milking a cow
    - Shirtless Kylo (WTF!?)
    - BB-8 turned into a fuckin Terminator on a killing spree
    - Big build up to Snoke after TFA, what should we do? Let's turn him into a fucked up Hugh Hefner, oh and he dies...
    - Rey becoming super strong out of nowhere (where was her fuckin training)
    - great and very emotional scene of Fin's sacrafice turned into a cringe kissing moment
    - Luke dodging lightsaber like Neo in Matrix
    - Oh and last but not least - Poe telling a mom joke...
    Last edited by Babadoo; 2017-12-28 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    TLJ summed up:
    - super slow space chase
    - Leia is basically Mary Poppins meme now
    - Fin and asian chick from This is 40 go on a pointless adventure to Las Vegas in space to save some fuckin horses
    - Luke milking a cow
    - Shirtless Kylo (WTF!?)
    - BB-8 turned into a fuckin Terminator on a killing spree
    - Big build up to Snoke after TFA, what should we do? Let's turn him into a fucked up Hugh Hefner, oh and he dies...
    - Rey becoming super strong out of nowhere (where was her fuckin training)
    - great and very emotional scene of Fin's sacrafice turned into a cringe kissing moment
    - Luke dodging lightsaber like Neo in Matrix
    You are confused. That's not TLJ summation. That's TLJ internet shitposting summation.
    I enjoyed the movie while I watched in the theater. Whatever happened after - I'm out of rat asses.

You are confused. That's not TLJ summation. That's TLJ internet shitposting summation.
    I enjoyed the movie while I watched in the theater. Whatever happened after - I'm out of rat asses.
    Some people enjoy Tyler Perry movies in theater too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Some people enjoy Tyler Perry movies in theater too.
    Your point being?

Your point being?
    Tyler Perry movies are great just like TLJ was.